Got the NEW Maglite ML25IT 2C

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
These batteries would be 9v.
No,
Three serial regulated Li-ions have 9 volt at rest (no load).
Under a load of 1~1.5 Amps they will drop to 2.5 volt each. Similar to primaries.

Remember you are getting power from built in circuit board not directly from battery and those boards are not capable of same current delivery as bare cell.
Another world, you won't gain anything if you use 3 of 3 volt (NOMINAL) batteries (even if they fit in 100mm space) compare to pair of protected 18500

This is my experience.

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) What is the ID of the battery tube in mm?
2) Total length of a 2 cell battery tube?
3) Will an incandescent Maglite C switch fit into the tube?

thank you.

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the info!
Most 26650 Batteries are about 26.2mm so they should barely fit but maybe slightly too tight.
Looks like the Mag switch should fit too, especially since if its a bit loose, the set screw will compensate for any bit of looseness and if the switch is a bit tight, a bit of sanding around the OD of the plastic switch should make it fit. Of course, a hole will need to be drilled for the on-off button.

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the tube have a C-ring in it to hold the switch in place like the incandescent model?
How does the switch stay in-place against the battery spring force pushing toward the head?

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the info!
Most 26650 Batteries are about 26.2mm so they should barely fit but maybe slightly too tight.
Looks like the Mag switch should fit too,
That 26.2mm is not accurate and correct for protected cells.
There is no guarantee to fit in even 26.5mm tube.
No cell has absolute diameter size in every direction and not perfectly cylindrical.
Mentioned flashlight does not have similar switch as old 2C, 3C, 4C M*g.

By the way, each C cell is about 50mm long and 2C tube has space for 100mm long batteries plus few mm extra.

Reactions: xxo

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Note: The incandescent tube ID is too small to fit a 26650.
The ML25 is also too small. 2X protected 21700 in a 3 cell light in a spacer with a 6 cell bulb/drilled out reflector is the way to go. Or you could go with 1X 21700 in a adapter with a 3 cell bulb in either a 2 or 3 cell ML25IT.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
0-A580838-5601-43-BC-975-A-AA67-C3-C9-C195.jpg

Got a 2 and 3 cell version recently. These will remain stock. Actually they will probably remain in the package for a while.

The 2 cell is S/N 12,xxx where the 3 cell is S/N 1,5xx.

Back in 016 I recieved a few 2 cell versions from the same supplier with sub-100 serial numbers. The 3 cell were 5xx and up.

In 019 I bought one of each and the 2 cell was 12,xxx while the 3 cell was 9xx.

The supplier (ZBattery.com) shows they are nearly out of stock on all 5 colors in both 2 and 3 cell versions.

konifans

Enlightened
Got a 2 and 3 cell version recently. These will remain stock. Actually they will probably remain in the package for a while.

The 2 cell is S/N 12,xxx where the 3 cell is S/N 1,5xx.

Back in 016 I recieved a few 2 cell versions from the same supplier with sub-100 serial numbers. The 3 cell were 5xx and up.

In 019 I bought one of each and the 2 cell was 12,xxx while the 3 cell was 9xx.

The supplier (ZBattery.com) shows they are nearly out of stock on all 5 colors in both 2 and 3 cell versions.
It seems that these are not popular so they were discontinued.

The 2C is so beautiful but I really don't like that 2-step reflector. It makes the beam pattern so ugly - too many circles. I am looking for a replacement, probably aluminum and with OP.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya it does make for a strange beam. But it cleans it up more than a standard full size mag reflector and somehow increases the throw. I can't believe how well this thing throws. And in use, outside, I can't see any issues with the beam. I know I did ask FM in his "what is missing" thread, about making an aluminum reflector for these, maybe he will answer soon. I'm not sure how popular these are though outside of this thread

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah for me that is unacceptable. I couldn't care about a couple little artifacts in the game. I'm not white while hunting I can't see them when I'm out and about using my light. Maybe even if I could I wouldn't sacrifice performance just for a perfect round beam

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really wanting a lightly textured alu reflector for ml25. It will also loose some throw but not much compared to frosting. That being said I decided to frost the whole bulb since it was the first time I tried it with the cream. Normally I recommend only frosting upper third to half for minimal loss of brightness, and not going too far with the frosting to minimize loss of throw. Ill get more bulbs and try it out and compare. maybe take some shots.

konifans

Enlightened
Olumin, which etching cream are you using? I found something called "Armour Etch"...

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
So do G4 Bi-Pin fit in Maglite? Could you run 2x 21700 IMR in 3c mag with G4 Halogen for crazy brightness? When using standard 3c mag I can get a alu reflector & glas lens. Read about Philips 5761 30W G4. Peeps have used them in Mag mods as I have read. Over 700 lumens. Or is a adapter needed? Dimensions of G4 do not line up with standard MAG-num star bulbs. Just curious.