**Great News**Flupic interest thread for Tri-Flupic, Fenix, Arc-Q3, Jil, and Piglets

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Thanks Eric. I've had the Interface guide bookmarked for a bit. Flupic is limited to a max voltage of 5.5 or so right? I can't seem to find the actual specs anywhere. Just the UI.:shrug:

Yes, the regulators are rated 1.2v - 5.5v.

Max rated current (not including burst):

Standard 0.55" & 0.77": 650ma
Tri-Flupic: 550ma x3
10.5mm: 400ma
Seoul "1A burst": 550ma

nightshade

Enlightened
Yes, I was going to build a really small number of these, perhaps 10. Since I think those are already spoken for maybe I should build 20 instead?

Yes, please. I have no problems with a prepay if needed. And many thanks.:D

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I've stocked the following new FLuPICs on our store. If you want to order these independant of the store please refer to the first post of this thread. thanks

Tri-Flupic driver 0.77" Low>High>Burst and adjust high level

Tri-Flupic driver for 3 LEDs independently [custom Bogus1] 0.77"

Mini-FLuPIC 10.5mm with program High>User Set Level>Low

Hello Eric. I purchased a few 10.5mm Flupics recently. Do all the 10.5mm Flupics you currently have all have the Draco UI? I'd like to know what UI I have on mine.

Also, are you expecting any more Tri-Flupics with the standard v2.2 UI?

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Eric. I purchased a few 10.5mm Flupics recently. Do all the 10.5mm Flupics you currently have all have the Draco UI? I'd like to know what UI I have on mine.

Also, are you expecting any more Tri-Flupics with the standard v2.2 UI?

Yes, all the 10.5mm have the Draco UI including the ones I sold you.

Yes, I'm expecting more standard Tri-FLuPICs in a small batch pretty soon. thanks

Luminous

Newly Enlightened
Is it possible to order a tri-flupic with the burst mode limited at 3A?

Last edited by a moderator:

TexLite

Enlightened
Hi Eric,

Ever get an answer about the Quad-Flupic I had asked about?

I think they would be a great driver for the MC-E,multi-level,1.2v-5.5v input,would drive the emitter at full spec,and with each die connected individually it would offer an awesome amount of redundancy.

Thanks,
Michael

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Is it possible to order a tri-flupic with the burst mode limited at 3A?

I'm not a electronics guru but with the best of my knowledge I will try to explain & hope it's not too confusing.

The Tri-Flupic has regulators rated for 550ma on each channel. 550ma applies to high which is level 10. So running them in parallel would give you 1650ma on high.

Max brightness or otherwise know as "burst" is pretty much direct drive as I have experienced so the current you get is dependent on the battery used. I've seen people who have reported up to 3.6A on burst with a Tri-Flupic running in parallel..

Eric offers a .55" Flupic configured for 1A burst. This 1A Flupic has the same regulators as each of the channels on a Tri-Flupic, 550ma for high. I have used the 1A Flupic & have confirmed that is does put out 1A on burst. However I suspect that this 1A Flupic is programmed by the PIC (processor) to limit burst to 1A as it does not seem to be running direct drive on burst as the other Flupics do.

So if that's the case & it is possible to limit burst to 3A on a Tri-Flupic this way, it would have to be done by Kevin himself or someone else who has the equipment & knowledge to program the PIC. Again, I don't know enough about electronics to confirm exactly how it works so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

At my work I am able to have someone save the program to file & write to another PIC but not sure if they would know exactly how to reprogram it to change the UI. I'm sure they could figure it out but it's not work related so I can not ask.

Luminous

Newly Enlightened
Hi Eric,

Would it be possible for you to re-program one tri-flupic to deliver 3A on burst? How much would you charge?

Luminous

Newly Enlightened
Hi Eric,

Would it be possible for you to re-program one tri-flupic to deliver 3A on burst? How much would you charge?

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Luminous,

Yes it would be possible but I'm not getting into modding these boards. We could build some with 3A instead of DD burst, but we would need to see demand for this.

Hi Stan,

I'll ask, but GS was hesitant to build the Piglets I have (or have sold). These were hand built and great boards so I'll see what I can do but I doubt it.

serotoninsteve

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

it's my first post here, but I'm reading already some time here.

I would like to order 2x TriFlupic standard,
but with the cheapest shipping available to Luxemburg.
At the shop I can't checkout with my adress,
so I would like to know how much you would charge for this.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

it's my first post here, but I'm reading already some time here.

I would like to order 2x TriFlupic standard,
but with the cheapest shipping available to Luxemburg.
At the shop I can't checkout with my adress,
so I would like to know how much you would charge for this.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I can ship to you first class for $7 if you are interested. My addresses are for Credit Card: bogus1cc AT earthlink DOT net or for cash: catsndog AT Inreach DOT COM

Please include details in the paypal order. Thanks

serotoninsteve

Newly Enlightened
Hi Steve,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I can ship to you first class for $7 if you are interested. My addresses are for Credit Card: bogus1cc AT earthlink DOT net or for cash: catsndog AT Inreach DOT COM

Please include details in the paypal order. Thanks

Hello,

:paypal: for 1 TriFlupic standard plus shipping = 47 Dollar to bogus1cc ......

Thank you,

Steve