**Great News**Flupic interest thread for Tri-Flupic, Fenix, Arc-Q3, Jil, and Piglets

Russki

Enlightened
Sorry if this was answered before.
What high voltage limit for 50/500 Piglets.
Can 18670 initial voltage in around 4.2 V. damage it?
Thanks. :)
Waiting for 150/800 piglets to come.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry if this was answered before.
What high voltage limit for 50/500 Piglets.
Can 18670 initial voltage in around 4.2 V. damage it?
Thanks. :)
Waiting for 150/800 piglets to come.

Hi Russki,

Sorry for the delayed response. The high voltage is 5v I believe, so a Li-ion is fine. It shouldn't be too much longer for the 150/800 boards.

X_Marine

Enlightened
Thanks JD, and noted.

Billy D, the 150/800 Piglets have yet to arrive. Do you wish me to hold your order pending their arrival, or send the 50/500s in their place? The last option would be to ship two parcels, but that would cost more.

acourvil, I hear you. I guess I lost spring chicken status now I can no longer read the fine print. That just happened this year. I think I'll keep blaming it on sitting too long in front of the monitor reading CPF:laughing:

Rgr, just hold till all in. thanks
May grab a single from the site if needed.

ThanX
X..

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I managed to burn one FluPic with reverse polarity, and another light has been stolen at work. I need to replace these. I tried to order from your store and shipping of two 0.55" FluPics came to $26. That can't be true, please tell me what shipping to Sweden could be for two single 2.2 FluPics.
Stefan

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
StefanFS,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the store. I haven't heard of that happening. Did you select express mail? Can you please copy your shopping cart details and paste to me in a PM?

First class would be about $7 and priority about $14 I think. My paypal is bogus1cc AT earthlink DOT net. If you copy your cart details to paypal and adjust for shipping that should work out. Please let me know.

KrisP

Enlightened
Hi Bogus1,

What's the current limit on the tri-flupic? I have 3 LED's that are only rated to 700mA and would prefer not to toast them :)

Thanks,

Kris.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Kris,

There is no real current limit on these other than DD on burst. Also I would need to know what you are running before I could give a rough guess. If your batteries don't have the capacity DD wouldn't be very high to begin with, however if you use the set levels and avoid burst you should be alright since you can program your levels from 1-10.

Please let me know if this answers the question or if someone else wants to chime in.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
acourvil,

The tri-FLuPIC does have a burst of approximately 1.2amps if you have the battery that can provide the current. Burst is DD on these boards.

KrisP,

You can limit your LEDs in the area of 700mA, but I am not sure where that will be and I don't have rebels here to test. Otherwise I'd just be guessing.

You could try adjusting the levels and measure the current to the LEDs until you find the max setting you want to use. Then you would just avoid burst or higher levels, unless you felt lucky or wanted a quick blast.

NetKidz

Enlightened
Oops... Didn't know the thread moved here. :ohgeez:

I still want one tri-flupic as posted but I also want one piglet. Is it still available?

Thanks.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi NetKidz,

I'm glad you found the thread. The 50/500 Piglet is in stock (as well as Tri-FLuPIC0 and it's fine if you want to order. Post #1 of this thread has the details.

Russki

Enlightened
Finally found host for Tri-flupic.
:paypal: send for 1 Tri-flupic, and 1 500/50 piglet.
Still waiting on 800/150 piglet.
Thanks Eric.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eric
I just ordered 2 more piglets.
I love this board.

I'm glad you are pleased. Care to share your application for these?

The Piglets are hand built by Kevin (Goldserve) and take him a long time. These multi level buck/boost boards have been around for a couple years and yet there is a lengthy thread discussing a 'new' product manufactured overseas. Even so those boards are not being made available 'loose'. Sadly, after this batch is completed this may be the last of these boards that work well in ES cans and other standard size sammie applications. I will have another small batch of 50/500 boards and then a small batch of 150/800 boards and then we'll see.

Russki

Enlightened
Eric thanks for update.
I use piglet with R2 Cree in A19 with 18650 tube.
It is the best combination of: 2 regulated levels, brightness and runtime to date (my favorite beam too).
I use this light every day at my work, and can not be happier.
I also in the process of building: 3 R2 Cree with Tri-flupic in Aleph 3 Head.
And I have another project: Minimag light with R2 and piglet.
I will post pictures if and when I am done and succeeded.
I also wanted to build some lights using you parts. What stops me, there isn't Cree canister in stock.
Do you have plans to make more of this? I sort of fan of Cree.:laughing:
Thanks.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eric thanks for update.
I use piglet with R2 Cree in A19 with 18650 tube.
It is the best combination of: 2 regulated levels, brightness and runtime to date (my favorite beam too).
I use this light every day at my work, and can not be happier.
I also in the process of building: 3 R2 Cree with Tri-flupic in Aleph 3 Head.
And I have another project: Minimag light with R2 and piglet.
I will post pictures if and when I am done and succeeded.
I also wanted to build some lights using you parts. What stops me, there isn't Cree canister in stock.
Do you have plans to make more of this? I sort of fan of Cree.:laughing:
Thanks.

Great projects! The Cree certainly has its advantages. This is true with TnC and mag lights where you can use the light without the head for lantern use and the glass dome is tougher than the gummy dome and doesn't attract dust.

We will make more Cree canisters. One machine after another it seems broke down at the shop and had to be fixed. This has delayed restocking the Cree canisters as well as numerous other parts and projects :sigh: