• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Haiku XP-G

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Concerning the LEDs: I would consider offering the Nichia 219C (Datasheets: cool-white and warm-white). It is the third generation "219" LED with an even higher efficiency. It has the same footprint as as older 219s and all the Cree XP-LEDs. It is available with and without high-cri (the 90CRI version will be available soon). Is has a much, much lower Vf compared to the XP-G2. In terms of lumens/watt the 5700K 70CRI version is more efficient than the cw XP-G2 S4.

The new XP-G3 is more efficient than all of them, but it has a lot of problems. When using reflectors the tint is not uniform across the beam (blueish spot, yellow spill).

I've used a 4000K 219C in a Haiku and Mule. Not bad but the hotspot in the Haiku was kind of weird, the peripheral of the hotspot was a different tint/intensity to the centre? It was powerful and threw well, only noticed the odd spot white walling.
Put a 5000K XPG3 Hi CRI behind a biggish smooth reflector and it was horrible, but behind a Ledil boom it's actually pretty nice. Haven't put one in a McGizmo.
Latest mod, XML2 U2 3D (reflowed from stock XML) into a Haiku after swapping XP to XR reflector. Nice tint but I'm sold on the 119 (V) or XPG2.
I can't see Don mixing it up here, he has his system and ways. I certainly can't disagree with him and think his LED selection is spot on really.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XP-L HI led makes a very nice beam in the Haiku! Very similar to the XPG2, I believe. Driven at 1.4 amps it puts out like 400+ lumens!

Longsincegone

Newly Enlightened
Re: Haiku

I have an original Haiku and was wondering what size the o-rings are. Mine is worn out and needs to be replaced. Every one I've tried is too big or too small.

nbp

Flashaholic
Right, if that's the one he needs I have a whole bunch, I could drop a couple in an envelope for him. If it's a different one he'd have to source some.