Has anyone upgraded heir HDS with Skylumen’s (Vinh’s) XPL HI 6500k LED upgrade?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys for the win! Although it is not a Nichia.
I scorpion hunt every night in my backyard. Besides taking a Saddam Hussein approach and using chemicals of mass destruction, I still take great pleasure in squishing them with a spatula before they can get in the house.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it a new Osram then ? Lol not a lot of led makers to pick from ;)

Nichia, while they say the footprint is the same, is not. It's not an Osram. I don't remember the name. Henry knows it.
We will have them mounted along with the NB35, NB40, and NB45 emitters we have in stock. May take a month a more before we can test them out. 365nm.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a lite-on uv led

Will this be a single mode light, can't imagine a rotary/executive uv light

I already have a good uv light but not an hds

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a lite-on uv led

Will this be a single mode light, can't imagine a rotary/executive uv light

I already have a good uv light but not an hds

If it comes to fruition like I expect, you would have your choice of interface just like you do now. Checking ID's, then low mode... or whatever mode you like.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks HOGO, very interesting. I actually had my ID checked at a cell phone store when making changes on my account. They used a UV light, I thought it was weird but apparently they have had some issues with fake id's. I can understand at a bar or something but at a cell phone store...this world is out of control. With that said, I guess I can see the need for different levels of UV.
I can definitely see uv lights being good for any place that deals with money, but my use is very limited unless I am bored or want to show it off to someone. For you, scorpion hunting on a daily basis; it's a great choice for you.

moltenmag

Enlightened
I can definitely see uv lights being good for any place that deals with money, but my use is very limited unless I am bored or want to show it off to someone. For you, scorpion hunting on a daily basis; it's a great choice for you.

Same here. I don't know how else one could be used other than night vision or charging the lume on my watch lol