HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Hogo, That's very interesting AND it's kinda what I was hoping for as well as how I "thought" this was going to go.

As you know my Seal 250 has a great tint and the older Orange cerakote 250 I sadly sold had about the same if not just a hair better meaning they threw as far as each other but the colors at a distance were still distinguishable.

The High Noon and 250 I still have beam shots another cpfr sent me and you can't tell the difference in throw but you can by just a hair see that the high noon shows objects better than the 250... not by much but it's noticeable.

Please note the older 325 4K had a beautiful tint but it didn't punch as far as the 250.

Take the new 325, combined with the same throw as the 250 (I suspect if you walk it out and really pay attention you may get just a bit more distance) add a better tint though lacking hi cri and you have the best of both. I m excited to hear the reports from those receiving these this week.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like mine, along with the green GTD, will both be here tomorrow. My first HDS products. I'll post my impressions after a few hours of use.

Please do. By the way what's the GTD? My memory is failing this morning.

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
Green GTD
Glow in The Dark diffuse reflector I'm guessing. MY 325 LT and reflector are also due in tomorrow. I'm not the best photographer or guy to articulate color, temp, tint shift, etc ad nauseum, but I can put 6 different HDS beams up on a wall next to one another to compare, using the same crappy lighting techniques.

Better yet, my 11 year old will do a much better job. I'll put her to work.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Cpl_S & Rasher
You guys are lucky being that near to HDS. When everything wents fine I have my 325 HDS end of next week.... But than I can also post my impressions.
I also have a 325 lumens HDS XP-L 6200K, 325 Lumens HDS XP-L 4000K (from 2nd Hogo run), 300 lumens HDS XP-L ~3900K, HDS XP-G2 250 lumens. Therefore if I have time I will do a bigger compare.

Guess I have too much HDS lights... but is that possible having too much HDS lights? :thinking:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
You haven't got any Nichia HDS yet. So, no it's not possible.
P

Guess you were missing the picture below. It is from 07/2018 (link). And there are still 5 HDS lights not shipped until now. On this picture my Rotary 219B 4500K 9080 is also missing. This light came in August or September last year. Don't remember anymore. Also my UV Rotary is not pictured on this compare and right before Christmas I bought a XP-G2 250 Lumens Clicky.

UUvg6hU.jpg

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot about that. I have it stored on my Hard Drive for reference, it's a great photo. Bringing it up to date would be a complete pain in the arse.
P

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I posted beamshots in the thread on the HDS Facebook Group. Can't post pics here anymore due to photo bucket trouble lol.

Loving this light, more later. ;)

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Got my 325 Rotary with the XPG3. These are my unbiased observations.

White wall hunters will not like the beam. It seems the yellow phosphor that surrounds the chip is picked up a bit when you shine the light on a white wall. Hogo's beam shot is quite accurate. A very white hotspot, with a yellowish corona with spill that is cooler than the hot spot. Things that will make a wall hunter cringe. Yikes!

Good news!!! Real users who actually USE their lights (folks like me) will LOVE this light!! Outdoors the beam is pure white, all those things seen on the wall aren't there when light is shined ast a distance. The beam is pure white, no blue no green, no yellow, just 5000K white bliss. The smooth reflector seems ever so lightly "frosted" looking producing a beam with good throw, but very much useable flood. As a matter of fact, the beam for me has a perfect flood/throw combo almost Zebralight like but with a tad more punch. Do not sleep oon this offering its awesome.

Here are a few iPhone beam shots comparing the new 325 and my Nichia 219B 170N. That's algae on my screen, not the beam LOL.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I really like the blend of hotspot and spill in this picture. It looks like Henry took the regular offerings and just added some punch to it. Thanks for your thoughts and pics.

Do do you have an XPL HDS? If so how does the size of the hotspot compare?

I do not have XPL, all I have is the nichia 219b to compare. I also have (not pictured) the old XPG CRI 3700?K one (way way warmer). The beams above are similar, the XPG3 is just brighter.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do do you have an XPL HDS? If so how does the size of the hotspot compare?

I ve had the XPL 4K and though an absolute beautiful beam it didn't near throw as much as a "cool" and I mean COOL white 250 so that killed it for me. Very bright and very wide, not too floody but 250 beats the XPL, not sure about the xpl hi though