Votes: 45 66.2%
  • Yes, but only if the colors match

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • No. Paint it Black!

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo stated somewhere in the big HDS thread that Nat HA will not gonna happen.

But I questioning myself, how i.e. Olight manages it to create orange, lilac, blue, mint green HA lights that are matching.
I would like to have a blue HA and a pink HA HDS light. The pink one would be for my wife. :)

I think different HA colors (if they are matching) would be a great deal for HDS. HDS could do a poll for a color and let say each year they are than doing a run of colored HA lights. The parts and everything in handling would be always the same except the color that was done in the HA process. :)

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like black. I just really love the unique look of natural HA. It gives the light much more character IMO

Me too. That was a reference to the old advertisements and Henry Ford quotes on the original Ford Model T in the early 1900's and why they didn't offer any other colors than black.

Hogo stated somewhere in the big HDS thread that Nat HA will not gonna happen.

But I questioning myself, how i.e. Olight manages it to create orange, lilac, blue, mint green HA lights that are matching.
I would like to have a blue HA and a pink HA HDS light. The pink one would be for my wife. :)

I think different HA colors (if they are matching) would be a great deal for HDS. HDS could do a poll for a color and let say each year they are than doing a run of colored HA lights. The parts and everything in handling would be always the same except the color that was done in the HA process. :)

They probably match because they are using dyes if they are not using type II finish. I suspect Surefire used dye during some of their later production as well even with natural HAIII lights, when limp wristed fellows began to complain that some of the parts on the lights did not match. And it's easier to just make black dyed HAIII match rather than put up with complaints. So things are not natural HA anymore. The dye weakens the type III finish, that's why black type III light finishes are a bit weaker than true natural hard anodized finishes.

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
They probably match because they are using dyes if they are not using type II finish. I suspect Surefire used dye during some of their later production as well even with natural HAIII lights, ...
I am not in the topic on how the NAT HA or Black HAIII process is working.

The only fact is between the Pink Titan AA and the Pen there are years and they both match 1:1 (that is the set my wife is wearing in the handbag!)
https://imgur.com/ruSzA37
ruSzA37.jpg

That is the reason why I am always coming with Color HA. It must be possible. Surefire did it and also Olight with all the colored lights. I'd be happy having at least some colored HA HDS.

Last edited: