HDS Second and Final 4000k Group Buy interest thread.

JKolmo

Enlightened
Got it here too (overseas shipping). It's really a very nice light! Love the beam!
6e2f36636a5f9d53bfcb710faa9849ed.jpg

Doug

Enlightened
Yes, that is the Diffuse Reflector as Henry calls it. It is for a smooth flood beam by design. Could have sent in to you in error?

I ordered the ultra clear glass, or whatever it's called... I guess it comes with it...

Doug

Enlightened
My coworker got one, and I got 2, we compared the tints, and all 3 are different..... I guess that is the difference between a flashlight, and a movie light.... I have 2 lights from Light & Motion (1000 and a 5000).... both are *IDENTICAL* tint, well, I did not measure them, but I can not tell the difference, even when the beams overlap..... But, they expensive, the cheapest one retails for $600....

nbp

Flashaholic
I ordered the ultra clear glass, or whatever it's called... I guess it comes with it...

The reflector and lens are two separate things. The default reflector is a traditional shiny metallic reflector for a typical beam. The flood reflector would have to be specified for those who want it.

Edit: see below. You did order a flood reflector.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Ok, I am in....

1. Rotary $325
2. 18650 $49
3. Extended
4. Silver
5. Diffuse Reflector $42
6. N/A

Shipping $5.80 - maybe insurance?

Total $421.80

Actually I see you ordered the diffuse reflector here so you got the right setup per your order.

Doug

Enlightened
Actually I see you ordered the diffuse reflector here so you got the right setup per your order.

Yes, I realize this, but I just did not know it was going to be white, I assumed it would be an orange peel reflector.... I noticed the reflector on my 2nd light has lines in the beam, not a perfectly smooth silver reflector/beam.... but I bet most don't care :)

doctordun

Enlightened
I am looking for battery suggestions for the HDS 18650 tube.
The AW brand that Henry sent with my light are quite expensive and I am trying to find quality substitutes that fit the 18.5mm x 69mm protected requirement.
It seems that published dimensions on websites vary a lot for even the same battery and are not always accurate, as I have found out.
The good thing is that I have other lights that I can use the batteries that don't fit, but it's getting expensive to continue to experiment on finding a good battery that fits.

asleep

Newly Enlightened
How difficult is it to swap out reflectors with another rotary?

I have a Rotary 200 and a high CRI one, both with what looks to be same silver reflector.

I ordered the white flood reflector for this buy (18650) but would rather have the flood beam + flush button and more focused beam with the 18650 length.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reflectors are interchangeable just be sure and don't lose the o rings, and remember their position or place where they are and better would be to use a vice with a thick cloth to grip the threads of the reflector to seperate it from the bezel

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reflectors are interchangeable just be sure and don't lose the o rings, and remember their position or place where they are and better would be to use a vice with a thick cloth to grip the threads of the reflector to seperate it from the bezel

I can attest to this...the big bandaid on my finger is proof lol. Next time I'll use a cloth [emoji23]

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can attest to this...the big bandaid on my finger is proof lol. Next time I'll use a cloth [emoji23]

I wasn't going to say but that first thread is quite sharp. Tough though! If you are careful enough you can get by with a thick cloth and a leatherman plier grip