HDS Systems #23

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
First time trying the SDR50 (LH351D 5000k) High CRI. Im actually impressed with the tint and I think it's a fantastic LED. Becoming one of my favorites. Extra 100 lumens is a nice bonus as well.
IMG_9047.jpeg

SDR50 left- XHP35 HI 4500k Right
IMG_9041.jpeg

SDR50 Left- 519a 5000k Right
IMG_9048.jpeg

Last edited:

indigon

Enlightened
This is the old link for the Novatac Caps. As mentioned they haven't been available for a while. The tailcap is made for a raised button and doesn't stay on HDS lights well, tends to fall off without some type of stickum or something. Doesn't work on flush button HDS tailcaps.

My solution was to place the Novatac tailcap under the front cap. It stays on well and gives it a bulbous look to the front. Super comfortable in hand and you instantly know which is the business end when you grab the light in a hurry. Really great if you have big mitts.

Been using my HDS lights like this for years.
Not to mention the protection given to the light..
Don't know if they will ever be available again.

hdscap_lrg__94733.gif

LRJ88

Enlightened
This is the old link for the Novatac Caps. As mentioned they haven't been available for a while. The tailcap is made for a raised button and doesn't stay on HDS lights well, tends to fall off without some type of stickum or something. Doesn't work on flush button HDS tailcaps.

My solution was to place the Novatac tailcap under the front cap. It stays on well and gives it a bulbous look to the front. Super comfortable in hand and you instantly know which is the business end when you grab the light in a hurry. Really great if you have big mitts.

Been using my HDS lights like this for years.
Not to mention the protection given to the light..
Don't know if they will ever be available again.

View attachment 46442
I'm having some thoughts about this with vinyl/PVC tubing. I'll try to get hold of some and get back to you with the results.

msr0407

Newly Enlightened
I'm having some thoughts about this with vinyl/PVC tubing. I'll try to get hold of some and get back to you with the results.
Hi, I had a similar idea and bought some caps off ebay. I used a leather punch. The results are pretty good. I am out of town so can't share pictures. But this is very doable.

Here's what I used for the front:

And for the tail: