HDS Systems #23

autumncrown

Newly Enlightened
IDK if this is the right place to suggest features, but it would be great if we there was a way to check the voltage of the light to get a rough idea of remaining battery life.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
IDK if this is the right place to suggest features, but it would be great if we there was a way to check the voltage of the light to get a rough idea of remaining battery life.

though that feature does not exist
HDS has several built in battery voltage warnings
first the light steps down, and prevents firing higher modes
then it starts double blinking every two minutes
then it blinks every second
then it shuts off

here is the Low Battery section and a link to
the manual:
3. Low Battery Indication
Your flashlightwill turn off momentarily and then back on one level below the previous brightness level when the battery is unable to supply enough power to run the current brightness level. This process is repeated asneeded as the battery's power isdepleted.

Your flashlight will double-blink once every two minutes to remind you that the battery needs to be changedwhen the battery is no longer capable of maintaininga 50 lumen output level and you are asking for an output levelhigher than the battery can maintain.

Your flashlight restricts the output to the highest brightness level the battery can maintain. However, if you turnoffyour flashlight and turn it back on again to a higher level, your flashlightwill slowly step up through the brightness levels testing the battery again.

Your flashlight will blink slowly once a second on the lowest brightness level when the battery is no longer capable of powering any of the steady brightness levels.

Caution:
your flashlight will eventually turn itself off to preserve what little battery power remains if you continuetouse your flashlightafter your flashlight begins blinking once a second on the lowest brightness level.You may turn on your flashlight againwhen needed for a short period. This behavior maintains your options in an emergency.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
no I dont know the voltage,

the FAQ, under burst mode
says the maximum output lasts 45 minutes (if you disable the automatic step down called burst mode).

and the manual says:
"Note: your flashlight uses Burst whenever you select the Maximum brightness setting. The output is reduced by one brightness level 40 seconds after the button is released to maximize battery runtimes"

Last edited:

JohnSmith

Enlightened
2xAA Clicky with a Zebralight clip until I throw down the cheddar for another Prometheus clip:

E4-BF0676-3164-448-B-88-B8-37-F3-DB40-D881.jpg

jaytiv

Newly Enlightened
2xAA Clicky with a Zebralight clip until I throw down the cheddar for another Prometheus clip:

E4-BF0676-3164-448-B-88-B8-37-F3-DB40-D881.jpg

I've been thinking about adding a, AA to the lineup. Do you like it? Would you buy again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnSmith

Enlightened
I've been thinking about adding a, AA to the lineup. Do you like it? Would you buy again?

Yes I like it and I apparently would buy it again... The proof: this is actually my second 2xAA body, a replacement for one I had previously sold.

jaytiv

Newly Enlightened
Yes I like it and I apparently would buy it again... The proof: this is actually my second 2xAA body, a replacement for one I had previously sold.

Haha. That's a pretty good "sales pitch"

I had an HDS built several years ago, but I'm 95% sure it was stolen out of my vehicle while being serviced. I just couldn't prove it and didn't want to create a stink with a family friends shop.

I've got another on order and purchased another one second hand. I'm heading down the worm hole, fast.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, yesterday marked the 27th anniversary of the Great Hanshin Earthquake. I was living in Higashinadaku at the time... a few hundred yards from the expressway that tipped over. Thus began my flashlight obsession.

BXsKedM.jpg

Me by the toppled expressway 27 years ago.
2JeYWZ1

2JeYWZ1

2JeYWZ1.jpg

I still have the jacket. It was several years old at the time of the quake. This is why I look for quality.

1MlHMr5.jpg

alitd

Newly Enlightened
Asking an HDS junkie if they'd buy another one is like asking a monkey if he'd like another banana.
P

LOL yep

So, yesterday marked the 27th anniversary of the Great Hanshin Earthquake. I was living in Higashinadaku at the time... a few hundred yards from the expressway that tipped over. Thus began my flashlight obsession.

BXsKedM.jpg

Me by the toppled expressway 27 years ago.
2JeYWZ1

2JeYWZ1

2JeYWZ1.jpg

I still have the jacket. It was several years old at the time of the quake. This is why I look for quality.

1MlHMr5.jpg

Bad ***