HDS Systems #23

Acid87

Enlightened
I bought a couple of HDS lights around 2010ish.
An executive, that I believe is 100 High CRI emitter and a Tactical 120. I'm hoping to sell one or both but don't know what emitters are in them.
To cut to the point can you check using serial numbers or is it just the software you can check?

scout24

Flashaholic
The color of the ring on the battery contact in the head has historically used to identify those details. What colors do you have?

JohnSmith

Enlightened
FYI to anyone, I copied this list from back in the day:

GT (guaranteed tint) white
85 lumen red
100 lumen yellow
120 lumen green
140 lumen blue
170 lumen purple
200 lumen red
250 lumen orange
325 lumen yellow

Acid87

Enlightened
4678DD7C-8D25-4EA7-A149-4E2F00881910.jpeg
3409B6DC-B9D9-4864-9594-FA8FB8D85113.jpeg

The executive is is a 14275 serial number with green ring.

The tactical 120 is a serial number starting around 12 thousand. Unfortunately it's on my vest at work at the minute.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
View attachment 25717
The executive is is a 14275 serial number with green ring.
It's not a green ring, it's a green electrical board. A ring of duct tape sits on this metal disc with 3 pimples. There is no ring here, need to go into programming to see the firmware version. Identification colored rings look like this -
1648680860598.png

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here some general information about the software, and how to find out what software is installed:

If you would like more about the LED you must remove the reflector to have a few on the PCB of the LED. This would than look in this way:

In my example the "SDV30" is the thing of interest, also the shape of the LED helps. There may be a marking on the PCB or a small sticker. It depends on the LED and whatever reasons why markings and stickers are used...

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 100 High CRI from the same timeframe which has an SSC P4 @ 4000k. I'm pretty sure it was the only HCRI LED HDS was using at the time. Like your light, mine does not have a colored sticker on the positive spring.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only lights that leave the shop without an identifying ring on the positive contact are monochromatic lights. If this ring has come off, then like Warrior of Light stated, you must remove the reflector assembly to look at the PCB board.

The only reason for serial numbers is for warranty service... it is simply there so Henry doesn't mix up lights that come in for work. It is the only reason it is there.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Start expecting ship notification for your backorders.
Been calibrating back-ordered lights the last couple of weeks. Have the parts (finally) and are busy assembling.
We have a big stack to get through, but hope to be completely caught up by next month.

redryder

Enlightened
Start expecting ship notification for your backorders.
Been calibrating back-ordered lights the last couple of weeks. Have the parts (finally) and are busy assembling.
We have a big stack to get through, but hope to be completely caught up by next month.

Great, I only hope my light isn't sent while I'm on vacation.