HDS Systems #23

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
What special run of it is allowed to ask.

And of you go into hospital, get well soon... :thumbsup: ... and come back fast!

It was Henry threatening to put me in the hospital... or kill me.
No more special runs of anything for most likely a year... maybe 2. I tend to push it though! LOL!

carrot

Flashaholic
This is crazy... but imagine how sustainable and good sales would be if high CRI emitters were available all the time and not just during special events... I mean, hear me out, it's just an idea

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is crazy... but imagine how sustainable and good sales would be if high CRI emitters were available all the time and not just during special events... I mean, hear me out, it's just an idea

There generally always is at least 1 hiCRI offering. The SDR50 and SDV30 will be it for awhile.

kimloris

Newly Enlightened
Did the special emitter builds from last week just ship?
Received that PayPal notification:

aab57e70dcbf4feffda8a7a9456cf6f3.png

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
No more special runs of anything for most likely a year... maybe 2. I tend to push it though! LOL!
I understand that. I guess it is difficult to imagine all the tasks that must be done for such a special metal run. It is a high effort in all areas up to the assembly process.

But at least for me all special metal runs was it worth. I like all the special metal Rotaries a lot.

Maybe for the future Henry may think about some colored HA aluminium HDS. In the last ~2 years Olight did some quite nice colored special editions of their lights. And they get it somehow managed that the color was matching. Also Surefire was able to do this with the purple Titan-A Edition:
ruSzA37.jpg

Between the pink pen and the pink Titan-A there are a lot of years. Therefore I am very sure both is not from the same aluminium rod. Therefore my guess, at least for colored HA it must be possible, Surefire does it , Olight too ... why not HDS?

A pink HDS would be a perfect gift for the wife. Also a nice blue and a light green (mint green) and orange woulb be nice. There would be a lot very nice color options I guess. The good point would be it is basing on aluminium parts, no totally new metal.... Since it is basing on stock parts it could be also a price that is not in the titanium or BeCu range. Maybe a thing for consideration for the next 1-2 years...?

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to see more action pics of HDS lights being ran over with trackhoes and hit with sledgehammers

Last edited:

Jeff S.

Newly Enlightened
After way too much deliberation and overthinking everything, I finally pulled the trigger on an Executive with the sw45k emitter and 18650 tube.

Thank you jon_slider and F89 for your sw45k descriptions both in forum posts, and answering PM's. And thanks to Hogo for helping push Henry into making these special runs and special emitters happen!

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
because we are not Olight or Surefire.

It was just an idea on using the same parts multiple times, since this reduces double stock and investments on multiple parts. But if there is no interest it is also ok.

And I know you are not Surefire or Olight... since HDS has only 3 letters, the other mentioned companies are having 6 or 8 letters. You know I know how math is working. ;)

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I understand it, purchases from rabble like us aren't what keep the lights on at HDS headquarters. We're just a drop in the buck. It's the bulk contracts with various government agencies and other departments that keep the business running.

carrot

Flashaholic
As I understand it, purchases from rabble like us aren't what keep the lights on at HDS headquarters. We're just a drop in the buck. It's the bulk contracts with various government agencies and other departments that keep the business running.

Not true, it's actually [mention]WarriorOfLight [/mention] keeping the lights on