HDS Systems #23

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
I think we an all agree that he's responsible for at least 20% of the light. Pun intended.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Warrior will be on Antique Road Show one day getting his bowl of lights appraised

kimloris

Newly Enlightened
False alarm.
The PayPal notification was for the wrong light.

The good news is that I did receive a Custom HDS light today.
cff206ed88ae4dfb5e9b6fe161dac1fd.jpg

kimloris

Newly Enlightened
I was trying so hard to NOT be jealous of your shipping notification... but now THIS!

If you read a few posts back (https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...S-Systems-23&p=5454474&viewfull=1#post5454474), I did ask about adding a UV Rotary to my order, to which Hogo replied that I had to place 2 separate orders.
Which I did.
It turned out I received the Paypal notification for the Samsung SDR50 and received the UV / 2AA tube instead.
I guess that when I get the Paypal shipping notification for the UV Rotary, it will mean that the SDR50 is on its way...

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
False alarm.
The PayPal notification was for the wrong light.

The good news is that I did receive a Custom HDS light today.
cff206ed88ae4dfb5e9b6fe161dac1fd.jpg
Is that how Henry packages his lights now? I remember back in the day when the lights arrived in a plastic ziplock bag.

Stoneking

Enlightened
Is that how Henry packages his lights now? I remember back in the day when the lights arrived in a plastic ziplock bag.

This is most likely due to the battery tube ordered with the light. I believe standard 123 lights ship in blister packs.

neco

Enlightened
Any chance for special reflector runs in the future? Looking back it seems those double beryls were really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my double beryl, it's on an NB40 Rotary and is my constant nightstand light. Perfect for super dark situations. Someone here once said of the DB's glow that it was "good for finding something at night in a drawer" or something along those lines and it's funny how strangely accurate that is. I let it sit so it get's some sunlight in the day, and the glow lasts quite a long time into the night.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Does anyone know if the burst mode will still function if your maximum brightness setting is below level 24? So if I set up setting A to level 23, will the light run 40 seconds, and then step down to level 22? Or does it only function with level 24 stepping down to level 23?

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
That's kinda a bummer. I've thought about setting level 22 or23 with the step down after 40 seconds for extra long runtime and minimal heat at the LED. Although to be honest, I never run high mode for long. It's generally only for a few seconds to try and see something I couldn't otherwise see.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
No more special runs of anything for most likely a year... maybe 2. I tend to push it though! LOL!
That seems like a good plan, but it means no new HDS stuff for me during this time (except maybe a 2nd Amber HDS... if K&T has it again in stock).

Now I invested my HDS budget for 2021 in a different way: :D

xy9jtnz.jpg

(For the people who can not identify it. It is a Pentax K3III with Battery grip - ~2 weeks old - together with some of my Special Metal Lights to ensure not to be offtopic :party:)

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo,

Without incurring too much wrath, and this is not a big deal, so "pound sand" is a fine option if that need be....

Would it be possible to swap bodies on an outstanding order? I'm on the latest HCRI normal aluminum run, I have a 1xCR123 body coming, but kinda wanted to change it to a 2xAA body. (Paypal transaction ID 09366989Y7391945F)

Not sure where would be best to ask this, maybe someone other than HOGO has done this or tried and can answer. I know PMs regarding orders is a big no no, wasn't sure if emailing Henry this would incur the apocalypse. I need at least 1 more HDS before the world begins to end..... Hope this is acceptable :)

Thanks regardless!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo,

Without incurring too much wrath, and this is not a big deal, so "pound sand" is a fine option if that need be....

Would it be possible to swap bodies on an outstanding order? I'm on the latest HCRI normal aluminum run, I have a 1xCR123 body coming, but kinda wanted to change it to a 2xAA body. (Paypal transaction ID 09366989Y7391945F)

Not sure where would be best to ask this, maybe someone other than HOGO has done this or tried and can answer. I know PMs regarding orders is a big no no, wasn't sure if emailing Henry this would incur the apocalypse. I need at least 1 more HDS before the world begins to end..... Hope this is acceptable :)

Thanks regardless!

Email Henry on this and it shouldn't be a problem. [email protected]. He will get it squared away for you.