HDS Systems #23

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Hogo,
Okay, sorry to be impatient, but I just want to make sure I understand what's going on.
I got one of the special emitters in the standard aluminum body with the magic link when they became available. The confirmation Email said 4 weeks, but now the lead times listed are much longer. Should I be expecting it to take 8-10 weeks now instead of the original 4 week prediction?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo,
Okay, sorry to be impatient, but I just want to make sure I understand what's going on.
I got one of the special emitters in the standard aluminum body with the magic link when they became available. The confirmation Email said 4 weeks, but now the lead times listed are much longer. Should I be expecting it to take 8-10 weeks now instead of the original 4 week prediction?

It depends what number you are in the queue.
It is HDS. Expect delays. We didn't expect the demand that happened that day, and we are having some issues getting some some parts that will effect some of the folks who are at the end of that days queue.

3 things:
1: Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
2: Only slightly less well-known, Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.
3: Very well known. Don't order from HDS if you are impatient.

bpbpoo

Newly Enlightened
Sigh.

Yknow, I didn't know that. I'm fairly new to the forum. I have 3 on order and heard nothing about delays except this...

This kinda customer "service" makes me want a damn refund.

It's worth the wait! A lot of customs take some time. Usually you're waiting on drops, etc. At least with HDS they take my money and I know I'll have something awesome to show for it eventually. It really is worth it.

Speaking of customer service, I'm sure they'll refund you if you ask. The customer service and warranty support is THE BEST.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celery

Newly Enlightened
Yea bpbpoo, you're prob right. I could have toned it down, anyways. Apologies all, for the d-bomb. Ultimately I'm just amped up for the new HDS, and overreacting to news of a delay. I know the lights are infinitely more reliable than the custom HDS completion timeline, it just hasn't quite sunk in yet. Lol! :D

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Got 2 guys running a flashlight business that is in very high demand, especially with these high CRI emitter runs. Best bet Henry and Dan are very busy, you will definitely have to wait for your light, but once you get it you'll see why everyone wants a HDS. Now hurry up and wait! :D

neco

Enlightened
Hello Hogo, fine to wait on this as required as one of my 3 orders submitted late for sure. Just checking regarding earlier orders that day, would they be expecting to ship soon? If not then I understand as well. Just curious as I'm very much looking forward to receiving these grails :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yknow, I didn't know that. I'm fairly new to the forum. I have 3 on order and heard nothing about delays except this...

This kinda customer "service" makes me want a damn refund.

I do not know what 3 options you were choosing. Except SDV30 I know them all and they are all worth waiting for. Therefore if necessary wait that additional time, you will like the 3 options you were choosing.
There are also not that much companies offering that much different HiCRI LED options over the time. Also there is not only a 4000K LED option. In the past there were HiCRI LEDs from 2700K to 5700K. I would guess no other company was offering this.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I detest delays. The ones that are my fault I hate even more.
Many I just can't help as vendors were hit with fallout from the Rona that effected them in different ways. Getting some parts is like trying to buy ammunition right now.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The way I see it, HDS is buy-it-for-life. If it takes even a couple months to get to me, in the grand scheme of things, I'll never notice. We could all use the exercise of patience in the modern day, I'm sure....

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I'm sure this has come up at some point in the past, but I'm curious how long it actually takes to get a light assembled and ready once a custom light is ordered.
Because there are copper and aluminum bodies/heads right now, that means the emitters and drivers can't already be inside the heads. And that means they can't be epoxied yet either, I'm pretty sure.
And because HDS doesn't know which bezel you will chose, that can't be assembled.
And because HDS doesn't know if you will choose rotary, clicky, tactical, bicycle, that can't be flashed onto the driver.
And because HDS doesn't know what body tube you will use, that's not pre assembled to the head.
And because HDS calibrates assembled lights, I'm pretty sure that can't be done ahead of time either.
That's a lot of work.

I forgot that on copper lights HDS knows what bezel you are getting, and knows you will be getting a 123 rotary body.

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder how many different configurations there could be. Hmmm. :D
That should not the Problem.

5 different UIs
11 different LED
2 different body Options - I do not count BeCu to keep it simple
2 lens options
3 battery compartment option - no compartment is for ne no valid option
2 Button options

The number of different options should be than: 5 x 11 x 2 x 2 x 3 x 2

Hope I am right, here it is evening and my brain is almost idleing...

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
That should not the Problem.

5 different UIs
11 different LED
2 different body Options - I do not count BeCu to keep it simple
2 lens options
3 battery compartment option - no compartment is for ne no valid option
2 Button options

The number of different options should be than: 5 x 11 x 2 x 2 x 3 x 2

Hope I am right, here it is evening and my brain is almost idleing...

By my math that's 1,320 possible configurations. :D

JKolmo

Enlightened
Uuhhh, now I need to get 1,320 HDS lights… Maybe will beat you then warrior…[emoji23]