HDS Systems #23

klackey

Enlightened
From another thread.... "Henry will respond later today, but I can tell you it will most likely still be a couple months before we have reflectors."

Wow! A few more months............... Dang!

Something that you have, I assume, considered but rejected would be to have an in-house machine shop. I am betting is is too costly but then you would have more control over the process.

Oh, waite!! Bad idea! If the machinist is in the same town as Dan there would be murder, Dan would be locked up and HDS would have to close !

Small rant over..... Just annoying that is seems to always take "forever" to get lights from HDS.

Betting that "HDS" is more frustrated than customers at the delays.....

Guess my rant was not completely over.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, waite!! Bad idea! If the machinist is in the same town as Dan there would be murder, Dan would be locked up and HDS would have to close !
I've always said, if I am going to be tried, it will be so severe they will have to do it with a Hague Tribunal.
In this case, the job was given to a different vendor as our current machinist is still working on battery tubes. The new vendor has had issues, like most vendors. I don't know if it is Covid related or not, but wouldn't surprise me.

There is a lot of crap going on. Microchips backordered until 2023... specifically, the ones we use. We managed to secure enough of those that hopefully it won't be a problem.

We spoke briefly Monday about filling these back orders and closing the doors and working on another project we have been discussing for a few years totally not flashlight related. It is freaking getting stupid just trying to get the parts we need. Covid made it MUCH worse.

Edit. No. We decided to keep pushing forward... at least until I am brought in front of the Hague.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always said, if I am going to be tried, it will be so severe they will have to do it with a Hague Tribunal.
In this case, the job was given to a different vendor as our current machinist is still working on battery tubes. The new vendor has had issues, like most vendors. I don't know if it is Covid related or not, but wouldn't surprise me.

There is a lot of crap going on. Microchips backordered until 2023... specifically, the ones we use. We managed to secure enough of those that hopefully it won't be a problem.

We spoke briefly Monday about filling these back orders and closing the doors and working on another project we have been discussing for a few years totally not flashlight related. It is freaking getting stupid just trying to get the parts we need. Covid made it MUCH worse.

Edit. No. We decided to keep pushing forward... at least until I am brought in front of the Hague.
I can only speak for myself and as much as I would like my 18500 tube, the world isn't going to end (at least I don't think so) if it doesn't show up next week.

I appreciate the hard work you guys do and the excellent product I am a proud owner of.

I have clients that are waiting at least 4-6 weeks for printers and laptops.

klackey

Enlightened
Stay away from the machinist!

Go for a walk in the desert and harvest something for your other business.

I / we do really appreciate what you and the HDS team do. You do make a great product.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouch that's rough Henry! Who do we have to rough up to make HDS first in line?! Let me at 'em!!!! :devilish: Good call on those microprocessor though.

I'm assuming these are made in the USA/ North America, which would probably be a good thing. Shipping across the ocean is soooo messed up right now. There's like an 11-month waitlist for ANY business shipment. (ie not consumer shipments)

GoVegan

Enlightened

Considered "closing the doors"... for good or until 2023?

Speaking of other projects, now be a good time to work on the keychain light. Henry mentioned to me back in 2016, at the time he said he had done multiple designs but didn't think there was a market for one, well I think the Surefire Titan has proved that there is a market for a decent keychain sized light.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considered "closing the doors"... for good or until 2023?

Speaking of other projects, now be a good time to work on the keychain light. Henry mentioned to me back in 2016, at the time he said he had done multiple designs but didn't think there was a market for one, well I think the Surefire Titan has proved that there is a market for a decent keychain sized light.
For good. It was Henry's idea. I emphatically said no.
There are two things I want to see come to fruition first. One won't be divulged until we can test it properly. The other is the new light.
Probably won't ever see a keychain light to be honest. Too many other things going on and at the break neck speed at which we accomplish things... the year 2525 might be a good bet for it.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
We spoke briefly Monday about filling these back orders and closing the doors and working on another project we have been discussing for a few years totally not flashlight related.
Oh, wow...

Well, at least get my Rotary tube repaired first.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, wow...

Well, at least get my Rotary tube repaired first.
Warranty work won't be an issue until Henry dies.
Then it will be my issue... I have a lot of duct tape and WD40 on hand in that event.... Actually we have another person who is capable of that and already does some of it. I'll probably kick off first anyway. Henry is a health nut and I have 2 cigars and pot of coffee for breakfast... and I'm the one on the forum.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's understandable but would be quite sad. I do think HDS sits atop the flashlight world… this is because of Henry. The company should have value if Henry does decide to focus on other pursuits; in The first sale, the purchase by Novatac was welcomed by me and while Novatac was very good but it was not HDS good.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
NT was all about the bottom line.
Henry is all about building the best and creating something unique, and if it is kept in the black, then all is good. It is also about supporting the mom and pop shops we like to use, which does cause us some delays but that is preferable to the alternative. Over the last few years, sales have increased by a very large margin, which also makes it more difficult to keep up with. We have looked at moving more things in house, but that presents another slew of issues neither of us wants to deal with.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Warranty work won't be an issue until Henry dies.
Then it will be my issue... I have a lot of duct tape and WD40 on hand in that event.... Actually we have another person who is capable of that and already does some of it. I'll probably kick off first anyway. Henry is a health nut and I have 2 cigars and pot of coffee for breakfast... and I'm the one on the forum.
Good, because I bought these lights with the promise of a lifetime guarantee, so I expect to be able to get them repaired when I'm 102!

JKolmo

Enlightened
I get a bad feeling from all this close the doors talk. As said understandable but still very sad.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
My expectation is that my HDS does not need a repair at all. They are all working that great....

Cant wait to get my ordered HDS light and tubes. But I wait until I get the shipping notification. My hope is christmas, that would be cool. We will see.

----

And regarding the keychain light. An HDS keychain light would be a big seller I am very very very sure. When I think back to the days when the Liteflux LF2XT light was still available everyone loved this little AAA light. Basically the one and only AAA programmable light?
I am very sure a programmable AAA light with a HDS Clicky like programming interface would be great and you would have problems to fulfill all the orders.
But my guess is the electronic is kind of "fiddely". I disassembled a few LF2XT light engines, and I was really impessed. The light engine had 3 or 4 stacked PCB boards with a few electronic parts. I never seen something again, and I am basically in electronics ... but went to software development years ago....

Last edited: