HDS Systems EDC # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I've still got my mostly orange high CRI I just wanted you to know there were others waiting with you, but I'm okay, for now.
rolleye11.gif

I take it you EDC this one, go on show us a pic

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only website change I care about is "In Stock" for the High CRI Clicky. :D Would have been cool to try out the Nichia 119, but the XP-G made perfect sense and was the logical choice.
I would like to see the High CRI, along with an all stainless steel body (if it's not too expensive). I haven't decided if I want another rotary or to get a clicky (I have some time to think about it fortunately). I don't want a 17670 tube since it cannot accept 2xCR123. Anyone asked about the exotic materials lately?

dixemon

Enlightened
Ok this may be a stupid question but ill ask anyway. Will the standard clicky tailcap work with the rotary head and vice versa? I havent had both in my hand at one time. But I do remember my older clicky having a different thread pattern than my new rotary. Just didnt know if the newer versions are compatible.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also like to see the 17670 tubes in stock.

I asked Henry for a rough ETA on these last week, he said were looking at about 2 months wait time.

I'd be one of the first to snatch one of these up! I love to EDC my 170Cn/17670 tube combo, would be badass on my rotary :)

OCD

Enlightened
Ok this may be a stupid question but ill ask anyway. Will the standard clicky tailcap work with the rotary head and vice versa? I havent had both in my hand at one time. But I do remember my older clicky having a different thread pattern than my new rotary. Just didnt know if the newer versions are compatible.

I emailed Henry before purchasing my new clicky inquiring about being able to change between a raised and flush button on the rotary. His reply was "The whole Rotary battery compartment must be switched to change the button - there is no way for a user to switch just the cap."

Clickys and rotarys are two different animals and other than probably the bezels, nothing can be swapped between the two.

The new clickys (and rotarys) also have updated threads which means the previous generation and current version parts are not interchangable either.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
So am I the only one obsessively checking the custom order page to see if the high CRI emitters have been released yet?

TwitchALot

Enlightened
So am I the only one obsessively checking the custom order page to see if the high CRI emitters have been released yet?

Yes, because the rest of us know that you're obsessively checking it and will let us know when it's out. :D

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose I should point out that by "obsessively checking", I mean "once a day".

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
OH dear. Only once a day is obsessive?

Hypothetically speaking, what if someone were to check it more than that?

TwitchALot

Enlightened
OH dear. Only once a day is obsessive?

Hypothetically speaking, what if someone were to check it more than that?

In such a hypothetical scenario, I would diagnose said individual with flashaholism. It is an addiction characterized by an excessive love of light and producers of light. I vaguely recall that there may be a support group for it somewhere on Candlepowerforums, and though I haven't participated in said group myself, be warned that it may backfire or otherwise prove to be ineffective. Rumor has it that the proposed treatment there for flashaholism is the purchase of more flashlights and illumination products under the theory that it'll enlighten you to the dangers of your addiction. How effective this method is for dealing with flashaholism is... questionable, at best. ;)

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
So then, hypothetically, you're all enablers?

I need an intervention. Someone tell me to buy more HDS lights. LOL

JohnSmith

Enlightened
So then, hypothetically, you're all enablers?

I need an intervention. Someone tell me to buy more HDS lights. LOL

You're doing fine on your own... You picked up one of those 170s I had/have my eye on...

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
The mods, new releases and technology don't help at all. :D
The 140 clicky is very tempting.

aceo07

Enlightened
I just had my HDS EDC U60 upgraded by datiLed to an X-ML led. Now I can hold off the urge for a purchase for a while. This has been the third led upgrade on this light.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
FYI... Oveready has the new line of HDS lights for sale as well as a new stock of Moddoo pocket clips in black.

(Just checked, only two clips left.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts