HDS Systems EDC # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

bansuri

Enlightened
The older Clickies had a black plastic sleeve in the battery compartment to isolate and protect the signal wire.
The new tube looks surprisingly similar but is all anodized aluminum. At least mine is. I tried picking at it with a scribe, definitely not plastic.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
A question for Rotary owners, does anybody have concerns about the longevity of the rotary control? It doesn't appear to be user serviceable, meaning that there's no convenient way to remove the dial to clean and lube and replace the o-ring if needed. I just wonder what we're going to do in 5-years when the lubricant has dried up, or we drop our light in a mud puddle and get some grit up under the dial. The lack of user serviceability concerns me.

Thoughts?

I emailed Henry about this, and he said that the Rotary "is designed in such a way that it should not need servicing."

nbp

Flashaholic
Received information from Henry about my two glitchy Clickies. They are faulty and HDS will be replacing both of them. I feel bad about that sort of, but I am also continually impressed by Henry's CS. He's the best. I am excited about the prospect of getting some fully functional Clickies though! I asked to get one straight replaced with the standard 170, and one of them I will be upgrading to the 200, so I am eager to see how the xp-g Clicky does. I hope to get them before I go camping in a couple weeks, so I can put that 200 through the paces. :eek:oo:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
So my favorite dealer has HDS high CRI's up for pre-sale. Anyone happen to know what LED they have and what the expected output on high is?

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully that means the high CRI Rotaries will be released soon and not that it's a vendor jumping the gun.

nbp

Flashaholic
A credit will be applied to my order when it is processed for the two faulty clickies, so now I have on order a Clicky 120, and a blacked-out Clicky 200. :party:

Couple days, and I'll be seeing what all the hubbub is about. Better have a perfectly centered emitter or I'm gonna throw something. ;)

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
A credit will be applied to my order when it is processed for the two faulty clickies, so now I have on order a Clicky 120, and a blacked-out Clicky 200. :party:

Couple days, and I'll be seeing what all the hubbub is about. Better have a perfectly centered emitter or I'm gonna throw something. ;)

:duck:

dixemon

Enlightened
So were the earlier versions of the hi CRI's made with the seoul emitter? I am waiting for delivery of a Rotary Hi CRI. Will I see a XPG instead? Will the ouput be higher than the published 100lumens with the more efficient emitter? Sorry for all the Q's Im trying to catch up with all the production changes.

nbp

Flashaholic

I feel bad that that HI CRI you sold me is going into Henry's scrap pile Jason. :( Such a nice emitter in that one too.

So were the earlier versions of the hi CRI's made with the seoul emitter?

Yes they were.

I am waiting for delivery of a Rotary Hi CRI.

Really? From where? I don't see them released yet.

Will I see a XPG instead?

Probably.

Will the ouput be higher than the published 100lumens with the more efficient emitter?

Probably.

Sorry for all the Q's Im trying to catch up with all the production changes.

Oh, BTW, Henry said there would be some changes in the website next week, so for all you speculators out there, you can make of that what you wish. :sssh:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel bad that that HI CRI you sold me is going into Henry's scrap pile Jason. :( Such a nice emitter in that one too.

Oh, BTW, Henry said there would be some changes in the website next week, so for all you speculators out there, you can make of that what you wish. :sssh:

That sucks! It can't be fixed huh? :(

I did hear from a source the new high CRI would be 120 on high. No word definitively on the LED though.

nbp

Flashaholic
Nope no fixie. :sigh: Some sort of machining issue that causes intermittent contact issues or something. The 140 I had had the same issue. They are both going in the scrap pile actually. :ohgeez:

I'm excited about testing out the 200, and the 120 is going to either be a beater light for working on the car and such, or it will get modded to an XM-L. I dunno yet. The lack of a HI CRI light in my stable makes me think I need to free up some funds for a SunDrop though. :devil:

lovemylexicon

Newly Enlightened
Sparky's Magic:

Where did you get your perfect copy of 200T.

I've read a number of posts about off-centered emitter in the Rotary. Is it easier to get a perfect unit (centered emitter, no green tint, no rings) of the 200 lumen HDS in the form of the clicky than in the form of the Rotary?

Is it easier to get a perfect unit from Henry himself than from other dealers?

nbp

Flashaholic
dixemon said:
Warranty exchange and Upgrade.

:ohgeez:

He didn't mention that as an option when he emailed me today.

Oh well, at least they'll come fast being in available formats.

nbp

Flashaholic

I know, right?

I'm now rethinking what I want to take camping as I'll be sans Clickies, and the Ti Clicky or McGs probably won't go on this trip. I don't mind carrying and using them on normal days they are my primary EDCs, but the risk of loss is much higher out in the woods. I'm thinking when it gets dark I'll do a T1A on a neck lanyard which will probably see a lot of use, a Ra Twisty in a front pocket for a secondary heavy use light, and an SST50 SF C2 in a side pocket just in case I need big lumens for something.

Anyways, that's all for another thread but I'm just thinking out loud here. :confused:

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do the new Rotary 200 lights have a clip you can use on a hat? I searched the threads but didn't see anything about that.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.