HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no idea what Henry's business model is or how he operates, but maybe he fills the larger orders/requests from vendors that sell his lights first. After those are fulfilled, he then begins filling the individual customer orders one by one. Just spit-balling. :shrug:
Bare in mind that these high CRI rotaries are custom orders. He will have to put them together based on customer preferences, i.e. silver or black bezel, and flush or protruding tail cap. Thereafter he needs to calibrate the output to match the specs that was promised. Remember that each unit is calibrated to produce the stated output before shipping? It might not take that long to do all these but he may be buying extra time by telling us that it would take 4 weeks. Who knows? One thing for sure is that it would be worth the wait. I have to admit I was in a state of disbelieve when I received the reply from Henry telling me it would take 4 weeks to shipping, but then I have all the patience in the world.

Add on: Maybe he is leaving the lights in check for a few days more to make sure there are no unnecessary capacitor drain like it used to plague those HDS clickies previously?

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am surprised that your question was not answered since you asked it a long time ago. The answer is yes, you can program the clicky to come on at full burst on all the presets.

So here is my question back to you bro, why would you then buy a clicky to program it to full output on all presets and loose the versatility that is one of the main reason we bought the clicky? I mean you can always buy a single output light and be done with it right? There are other lights like Malkoff that gives you single output.

Only at full burst, or it could also be programmed to work as a single mode at any user selectable output?

Because really I'm looking for something in a medium burst.

plasticarmymen

Newly Enlightened
Just heard of yet another delay for a batch order by dealers I ordered with. Something to do with manufacturing issues for parts?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only at full burst, or it could also be programmed to work as a single mode at any user selectable output?

Because really I'm looking for something in a medium burst.
Leon, the answer is yes. You can set all the 4 presets to any output that you want. Download the PDF manual at HDS website and you will have a clearer idea.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. So once programmed, its operation would be indistinguishable from any other standard click on/click off single mode UI, or would it still cycle through the four (identical) levels?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. So once programmed, its operation would be indistinguishable from any other standard click on/click off single mode UI, or would it still cycle through the four (identical) levels?
Clicking on and clicking off is just a simple click away. The click on preset is B. Double clicking would change the preset to C, Triple click to preset D, and a click + press and hold will be preset A. Granted, you can set all of these presets to the same level so that no matter how you click through them it will still appear the same in brightness.

fnj

Enlightened
I am surprised that your question was not answered since you asked it a long time ago. The answer is yes, you can program the clicky to come on at full burst on all the presets.

So here is my question back to you bro, why would you then buy a clicky to program it to full output on all presets and loose the versatility that is one of the main reason we bought the clicky? I mean you can always buy a single output light and be done with it right? There are other lights like Malkoff that gives you single output.

There are other reasons to prefer an HDS than just multi-mode capability with an elegant UI. The vastly greater reliability and toughness than other lights alone can justify it.

brighasday

Newly Enlightened
If you were to program all of the presets to, lets say 120 lumens, then disable customization, no matter what button press combination short of a 20 click press-hold you do will get you anything but the 120L output. It WILL technically still cycle through all 4 presets but all you will get is a bit of darkness (just a fraction of a second) then the same 120L. You cannot simply get rid of all but one preset but you can make it act like it only has one output level. You really should download the manual, you could have gotten all of this from a couple minutes of studying it.

EDIT: So it seems pjandyho beat me to it while I was typing.:)

Last edited:

Keyman1

Newly Enlightened
I just got an email from Henry... My order should ship in about 4 weeks!!!
I received the same message when I ordered my Cc200(Custom clicky 200) back in Oct..
The actual wait was 11 weeks.:sigh:
Now mind you, I'm not complaining.
Truth be told, it was well worth the wait! :whistle::thumbsup:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay I get it, that is pretty close.

Actually there are not too many quality single mode edc's out there, much less that tailstand & with a moderate output/long runtime. So always on the lookout for those that can emulate this as well (click for on/tighhten head for level, or programmable to single mode).

Appreciate it guys.

Keyman1

Newly Enlightened
Black decorative pocket clip, bezel down carry
Well, here it is.
I ordered and received one of the new HDS clips.
DSCN0412.jpg

DSCN0413.jpg

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah'a! >>>> :toilet: (regarding Henry's $15.00 shipping fee for a Freak'in pocket clip).... But It's ORDERED!!!! ... :D .... Oh! Thanks for the Head's Up!

This just may be the most expensive Pocket Clip I'll ever buy! .... Heck when I get it ... maybe I'll polish it, pet it, install it, talk to it, take it off, then put it in the safe! ... LOL

Last edited:

Keyman1

Newly Enlightened
So is the lip of the clip still so small it can't be slid over the top of a pocket without lifting it?
If you mean like the HDS standard clip?
Yeah, pretty much.
The lip remains the same.
I holster mine anyway.
DSCN0421.jpg

Keyman1

Newly Enlightened
The black finish on these clips is awesome! Very much like the finish on the black bezels.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Henry must be making a fortune from his shipping fees lol

Yeah Shooter! And I'm in the Same State (actually 150 miles from Henry)! I just mailed a light to a neighboring State via USPS Priority with Tracking, Conformation, and insured for $250.00 for guess how much? ... No .... No .... Getting Close ... Done? .... Yeah, OK! .... $10.40 .... LOL

I gotta get my head examined, it's no wonder I'm always BROKE!

Seriously though, so far every thing I've ordered from Henry (my 170T, Flush Tail Cap & O-ring kit and now this Clip) I've had to pay the $15.00 shipping! However after this order, unless I really need the part or sending either of my lights in for warranty work. Aside from ordering a light, it's too expensive buying stuff from him.

Last edited:

lateralus180

Newly Enlightened
Yeah Shooter! And I'm in the Same State (actually 150 miles from Henry)! I just mailed a light to a neighboring State via USPS Priority with Tracking, Conformation, and insured for $250.00 for guess how much? ... No .... No .... Getting Close ... Done? .... Yeah, OK! .... $10.40 .... LOL

I gotta get my head examined, it's no wonder I'm always BROKE!

When I send packages they typically cost me $1.50 to $3.00 via regular US MAIL.

Thanks for the photos of the clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.