HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
He's probably also hoping the high shipping charge will encourage people to buy from his dealers so he can spend time building lights and not shipping them.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
He's probably also hoping the high shipping charge will encourage people to buy from his dealers so he can spend time building lights and not shipping them.
Simple. Take down his web sales page. Refer all to dealers.

You guys realize you are only paying $15 but I am paying $40?

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree, but when you can't supply your dealers with product and when you're presently recieving over 100% of the Retail cost of the light (product's retail price + Shipping fees + sales tax if applicable) Up Front on all back orders (or to the end user). You don't need the vendors, well until a manufacture has inventory sitting on their self to sell on a wholesale basis.

In regards to shipping the light itself, yeah if you're in a different country you'll pay the higher cost of shipping + duties (in addtion to the time to fill out the customs paper work). However, I ordered my Rotary from the UK and it cost the vendor to send it via the Royal Mail (hold on let me look) ... Ok, the vendor paid $10.32 English lbs. to ship the light and I was charged only $5.79 English lbs. when I ordered the light.

On the same note, I ordered a custom light from the builder as well as accessories at a later date and was charged $6.00 shipping at check out.

However, I'm talking about $15.00 shipping for a $22.00 Pocket Clip! I'll post what the actual cost was to ship the clip.

Before anyone thinks I'm trashing HDS Systems, ... I'm a fan, heck I own a 170T and Rotary, purchased a flush tail cap and o-ring (since the vendors didn't have it in stock at the time, or I didn't find one that did) and now the pocket clip .... So we're just talking here!

PS to further emphasize my support of US made products in this case flashlights (not US based company who builds their product overseas).

I started several threads in a Dive Watch Collector's forum I'm on (who's members are also into custom firearms, custom knives, etc.) to give them the heads up on and to start a discussion in regards to Henry's lights, as well as Jason's custom made lights.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
pjandyho said:

He could do that, but it would goof up the custom orders option. I don't know what the right answer is, I was just offering a possible reason. In any case, I'm sure charging a flat rate is much easier than calculating individually. But when a small Priority Flat Rate box is $5.00 anywhere in the country, I'm not sure why it's still $15.00. I'd get a huge stack of Flat Rate boxes and go with that like Don does for all his orders.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, but when you can't supply your dealers with product and when you're presently recieving over 100% of the Retail cost of the light (product's retail price + Shipping fees + sales tax if applicable) Up Front on all back orders (or to the end user). You don't need the vendors, well until a manufacture has inventory sitting on their self to sell on a wholesale basis.

In regards to shipping the light itself, yeah if you're in a different country you'll pay the higher cost of shipping + duties (in addtion to the time to fill out the customs paper work). However, I ordered my Rotary from the UK and it cost the vendor to send it via the Royal Mail (hold on let me look) ... Ok, the vendor paid $10.32 English lbs. to ship the light and I was charged only $5.79 English lbs. when I ordered the light.

On the same note, I ordered a custom light from the builder as well as accessories at a later date and was charged $6.00 shipping at check out.

However, I'm talking about $15.00 shipping for a $22.00 Pocket Clip! I'll post what the actual cost was to ship the clip.

Before anyone thinks I'm trashing HDS Systems, ... I'm a fan, heck I own a 170T and Rotary, purchased a flush tail cap and o-ring (since the vendors didn't have it in stock at the time, or I didn't find one that did) and now the pocket clip .... So we're just talking here!
I know you are a fan, so am I. Unlike you, I don't have a dealer here I can order it from. I just have to bite the bullet and pay $40 for shipping. I don't seem to have a choice in any cheaper shipping when checking out. I usually pay about $15 for shipping from the US via registered international mail but with HDS it is always via EMS shipping. Maybe the extra few dollars more is for insurance coverage I don't know. The last time I ordered a 17670 battery tube it costs $40 for shipping too. Luckily I have a light with Henry for servicing so I got him to piggyback the tube when returning the light to me.

Ok, I think we are all going off the track. This post is about HDS lights and not about shipping costs and duration. Let us get back on topic please.

lateralus180

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if this pocket clip will work bezel down with an HDS light? It's from a Solar Force L2 series, which I believe has a 1" body but I am unsure on the diameter of the clip ring.

http://www.lighthound.com/Solar-Force-Removable-L2-Pocket-Clip_p_3251.html

soll2pc2.jpg

motigg

Newly Enlightened
I have the same question about the Solarforce clip. I PMed a member who posted a picture (I believe on the "how do you edc your hds" thread) In his posting he mentioned the clip was modified. He may have been referring only to the lanyard he was using. In any case, I haven't heard back yet. If anyone has information, I'd appreciate it, too, as I think this clip would be a great option as it allows for a lanyard attachment.

Edit: here's the thread with the picture of the Solarforce clip on an HDS light.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?298593-How-Do-You-EDC-Your-HDS-RA-Clicky/page3

Last edited:

Kgp

Newly Enlightened
I guess I don't see how a side discussion about HDS shipping prices is off-topic in a thread about HDS.
Agreed, this is a forum, on a hds thread you should be able to discuss anything that has to do with hds. Thats being tints (which was moved) of the lights, shipping costs, gripes, questions, concerns, comments (either positive or negative)

I think some of these threads lose a lot of valuable information that many people would like to read or discuss because so many people are so worried about going off topic or they are moved to a different section and the hot topic dies because no one goes to read it anymore.

DM51

Flashaholic
Agreed, this is a forum, on a hds thread you should be able to discuss anything that has to do with hds. Thats being tints (which was moved) of the lights, shipping costs, gripes, questions, concerns, comments (either positive or negative)

I think some of these threads lose a lot of valuable information that many people would like to read or discuss because so many people are so worried about going off topic or they are moved to a different section and the hot topic dies because no one goes to read it anymore.
If you want to discuss HDS shipping issues, you may start a thread in the appropriate place; it is proving a distraction here.

While considering your next course of action, I suggest you bear in mind that engaging in a public dispute with a moderator is inadvisable.

Imon

Enlightened
So, has anyone received a new 120 lumen High CRI yet? I'm curious to see what emitter it uses. :)

I ordered mine about 4 or 5 days ago. Henry says there's an estimated 4 week wait due to machine shop issues.

It's unfortunate but things like this happen and I think I can wait. This isn't going to be my first HDS light so I understand there are standards of quality that have to be met.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
More machine shop issues? I thought he got that mess sorted out months ago.

brighasday

Newly Enlightened
Just a thought. Does anybody think that if Henty was to make a limited run twisty, would they sell?
I know I'd be all over a couple of twisties. I'd especially love one of the 85Tr's with an 18650 tube. I'd also be happy to pay maybe $250 for one (or three).:devil:

fnj

Enlightened
Just a thought. Does anybody think that if Henty was to make a limited run twisty, would they sell?

I think the most we can say is that he would have a certain number of sure buyers on CPF. I doubt if too many general consumers would buy the twisty over the clicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.