HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people are business people, some people are engineers, some lucky folks are both.
Anything is possible, but all that we know for certain is that there have been extensive delays in the past and some excellent lights have come out of it after the delays were over.
To me there is no point in speculating, hopefully he doesn't have too many orders with people who doubt the end product or can't wait.
Waiting sucks.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing:
Yeah, dreams can be so strange. I've also wondered why Henry doesn't do shipping confirmation emails and no matter how much I try to shove the HDS issue to the side I can't stop coming back to it.
I really hate to put this out there but could it be possible that he has other issues besides finding a reliable machine shop? If I remember correctly you're going on your 6th week of waiting.... and I'm about to hit my 5th week.
Yup. On my 6th week and counting. Thankfully I bought the legendary high CRI clicky before it went out of production. At least I have that to tie through the wait.

chaoss

Enlightened
His lights are worth the wait.
Just go and buy some cheapie to hold you over until that magical day arrives when you have your clicky/rotary.
Again, they are worth the wait.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
I was cleaning my light today and I noticed when I took the tail cap off there are two o'rings at the bottom of the threads, the usual big o'ring and then there's a really small o'ring under the big one. Is this normal? Do I need both of them on there. Didn't know if doubling the o'rings up would cause a leak.

ironhorse

Enlightened
I think the one that is smaller in diameter goes on after the tail cap is in place to fill the groove where the clip would go.

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
Just go and buy some cheapie to hold you over until that magical day arrives when you have your clicky/rotary.

+1, last time I waited for an HDS. I bought a great little Maratac Cu. 1xAAA flashlight and it was an instant favorite - Love at first tarnish; I still can't believe that such a well made, useful, 'fun' light was so cheap and the patina is magic! :thumbsup:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Way back when he was discussing the newest design, he said that heat dissapation had been decoupled from the actual flashlight housing, meaning that lights could be housed in more exotic materials like titanium without a fear of overheating (titanium is a poor heat conductor). But who knows if that'll ever happen. Maybe if he finds a reliable shop to crank out acceptable parts in aluminum then he can consider things like titanium or brass or carbon fiber or whatever.

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
My HDS120 modded with a U2 XML from illumination Supply arrived Friday, haven't really got to play with it until today.
It is brighter than the HDS rotary but not by much, just barely visibly different up close to the wall. So maybe 20 lumens brighter. For distance though the Rotary Pwns (pounded owns) the XML for throw. At 40feet the hotspot looks almost twice as bright as the XML. it's great carrying both, makes me curious on the range of throw on the GDP170. I'll probably have to sell something to find out, of I'm not too late already.

Illumination supply said he'd give a 1year warranty on this little fella, so I sold my triple XPG's for it and I'm glad I did. The only triple I got left is a modded e2e Surefire from Icarus. It may find its way up for sale or trade someday soon at this rate lol

I'm off to bed soon my baby finally fell asleep. He likes HDS too, they don't hurt his eyes on .07 lumens when I check him at night. I'm rambling...

So I'll stop now

Luciaro

Newly Enlightened
I belive in Henry :D

The shop failed to deliver any parts in December - or January for

that matter - so we fired them. We have hired a new shop but it will
take them at least 5 weeks to start delivering production parts.
Your order is near the top of the list so it will be one of the first
ones shipped when we resume shipping.

Henry.

geegee

Newly Enlightened
Yes they are. Several of my Surefires have been sold or traded off as a result.

brandocommando

Enlightened
I belive in Henry :D

The shop failed to deliver any parts in December - or January for

that matter - so we fired them. We have hired a new shop but it will
take them at least 5 weeks to start delivering production parts.
Your order is near the top of the list so it will be one of the first
ones shipped when we resume shipping.

Henry.

Man, I am glad I ordered mine Jan, 5th! Hopefully I am at the top of the list also.

He must have a nightmarish backlog of orders if he hasn't shipped any lights out for 2 months!?:banghead:

Stupid production shops, I would have my HCRI clicky (and 2 decorative clips) right now if they were able to produce as promised!

I have no problem waiting however, I plan on having this light for many years and putting it to some serious use (camping, backpacking, hiking, and hunting.)
I want the highest quality humanly possible! Also, I have my 170T GDP to tide me over till the HCRI arrives!

Way to go Henry! Thank you for sticking to your guns and having such high standards, making sure we get the best lights possible.

Brandon.

Last edited:

Imon

Enlightened
Well I think Henry only recently found a new machine shop to supply parts.

In my email exchange with him he wasn't really clear on a timetable but it appears that lights might be ready to ship out around late March or April...
Who knows? There might be more delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.