HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
flatline said:
So if a dealer had some to sell, does that mean that all the back-orders have been filled?

--flatline

Maybe. But I think it goes in sequence of when the orders come in. If Russ placed his order before other individuals, he will get his lights before they do.

BUT, the fact that he got any lights means that Henry has useable parts and more lights should be coming down the pipe! :thumbsup:

chris975d

Newly Enlightened
Is it true? Is the end really in sight?

I would say that depends on when one placed their order. It seems that all indicators point to the fact that Henry is strict about fulfilling orders in sequence. No one knows how long Russ has had his order in with Henry. We've had (in this thread) reports of orders as far back as November that were backordered, and none of those guys have chimed in to say they've received their lights. That doesn't mean they haven't, but still could possibly be looking at an order backlog of 4-5 months. But regardless, I'd say it's a good sign that at least one retailer has (apparently) received a shipment. As nbp said, at least it's a sign of usable parts!

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had asked Russ on my order form if he knows if Henry's shop is up and operational. I will let you guys know if I receive an answer.

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been asked several times why I don't post much any more and the best answer I can give is that my intentions to help with mis-information and give credible information, was seen to be "selling" since we were/are a dealer for certain products. So, I usually post on things other than items we carry.

Yes, it seems that HDS is beginning to clear some backlog, and the partial order we received was a welcome sight.

Let me say, these High CRI lights are simply SWEET! All had a wonderful beam and tint. I have never been that big on the High CRI lights personally, but I believe I will have to keep one for myself when I get a chance. I don't see how anybody could be disappointed with one of these.

Regardless of where you get one from, If you are a High CRI fan, get one.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Russ, glad to know and thanks for posting :thumbsup:
I'm looking forward to my hi cri, there's a CPF discount code? D'oh
:oops:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a discount code, but it does not work for HDS lights. I used the code on some batteries.

motigg

Newly Enlightened
For those of you who already have the "legacy" high CRIs and will soon be getting the newest versions, comparisons would be much appreciated. I'm considering ordering a newer high CRI but first want to see how they compare in terms of tint, throw, brightness, etc. Thanks!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Last edited:

brighasday

Newly Enlightened
IIRC, Henry has stated that it would be impossible (or very difficult) to make a battery compartment to accept an 18650 while still leaving room for the plastic sleeve with the signal wire and allowing enough aluminum in the body to maintain ruggedness.

Edit: Boy, I always get beat to the punch on these replies.

number10ox

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

Well this is unexpected! I just got home and found a package from HDS waiting for me.

I ordered a 200T on 11/03 and just got it today. This is my first HDS light, so after more new-run orders go out I'd be interested to know how these units from the new machine shop compare to the ones made just before the switch. It feels a bit lighter than I'd imagined, but pretty nice workmanship.

Anyway, I guess things are finally moving along.

Cheers!

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

Well this is unexpected! I just got home and found a package from HDS waiting for me.

I ordered a 200T on 11/03 and just got it today. This is my first HDS light, so after more new-run orders go out I'd be interested to know how these units from the new machine shop compare to the ones made just before the switch. It feels a bit lighter than I'd imagined, but pretty nice workmanship.

Anyway, I guess things are finally moving along.

Cheers!

Sweet, this is good news indeed.
I ordered just a day or so after you. :)

bigfoot

Enlightened
For those of you who already have the "legacy" high CRIs and will soon be getting the newest versions, comparisons would be much appreciated. I'm considering ordering a newer high CRI but first want to see how they compare in terms of tint, throw, brightness, etc. Thanks!

I have an earlier high CRI Clicky from 2010 and will try to remember to come back and post comparison notes between the two when the new model shows up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts