HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
I'm registered. I've never understood the 'minimum posting rules' in any forums. Not sure if that makes any difference. Doubt it. Either way, since I'm not qualified to sell here, I'm off to ebay. Thanks for the help guys.

If you had bothered to read the rules before complaining you'd see that moderating the first few posts from a new member eliminates spammers, both human and bot. It serves a real purpose.

nixage

Newly Enlightened
If you had bothered to read the rules before complaining you'd see that moderating the first few posts from a new member eliminates spammers, both human and bot. It serves a real purpose.

I was complaining? Not understanding something and complaining are two different things. Honestly, I'm not upset. :) Thanks though. I really do appreciate you taking the time to point it out.

nixage

Newly Enlightened
I think I see what is happening here. Me saying "thanks for the help guys" was meant sincerely! Maybe I should have put a smiley face, but I didn't see it necessary.

OCD

Enlightened
I think I see what is happening here. Me saying "thanks for the help guys" was meant sincerely! Maybe I should have put a smiley face, but I didn't see it necessary.

Yes. That's how I took that. When you mentioned you didn't understands the minimum post rules on other forums and then said you were off to ebay, I read some sarcasm in that.

I'm glad you're not upset and.....:welcome:

nixage

Newly Enlightened
Yes. That's how I took that. When you mentioned you didn't understands the minimum post rules on other forums and then said you were off to ebay, I read some sarcasm in that.

Yeah, sorry about that. I actually was kind of baffled at the hate and looked back at what I wrote. I know I had a couple of drinks, but I usually get nicer when I do that. ;) I realized that it could be read either way (pos or neg).

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's kinda odd that the Marketplace is a separate forum. The others that I frequent have their marketplaces integrated, so all active members have immediate access.

BTW, I should have about three more weeks (if I'm lucky) before my Clicky 200 arrives. :)

Grizz

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, sorry about that. I actually was kind of baffled at the hate and looked back at what I wrote. I know I had a couple of drinks, but I usually get nicer when I do that. ;) I realized that it could be read either way (pos or neg).

Thanks for the welcome! :)
Well, I had a negative impression too when I read your posting earlier but I just didn't bother to correct you, in case I misunderstood you.

nbp

Flashaholic

^^^ Exactly my thoughts. I took it as "pffft, I can't be bothered with these useless restrictions, forget, I'll just go to ebay." There are plenty of those folks. :banghead:

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :grouphug: In the meantime, you can make your three posts in the MP and have full privileges soon; it's a super place to buy and sell.

:welcome:

I think it's kinda odd that the Marketplace is a separate forum. The others that I frequent have their marketplaces integrated, so all active members have immediate access.

BTW, I should have about three more weeks (if I'm lucky) before my Clicky 200 arrives. :)

Grizz

Some good threads out there about the MP and CPF being separate. Partly logistics, partly to keep discussion and business separate and prevent people from hawking their products in every other thread around here. Isn't it nice to discuss without people trying to sell you something all the time? :)

Well, I had a negative impression too when I read your posting earlier but I just didn't bother to correct you, in case I misunderstood you.

Andy is so much nicer than me, lol. :kiss:

davyro

Enlightened
Are people receiving there new lights from Henry or as there been another hold up,I knew a few had received there Hi-Cri Rotary's but it seems to have died down a bit.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spoke with HDS systems a few weeks ago in regards to warranty/repair work on my light and I was advised that I may want to hold off on sending the light in due to on going supply issues. Unfortunately the light's issues became progressively worse making the light unreliable so back it went. While I don't expect a speedy turn a round I'm hoping it's not months.

nixage

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone. :) And again, my apologies. It definitely didn't come out right then if a few of you read it that way. My mistake. And cheers on the help. :)

someguy4747

Newly Enlightened
I have not been on here for a while but while reading this article(with my Rotary in my pocket) I could not help but think of Henry. I think there are some interesting parallels to be made between Henry and this tailor. I thought in the context of comparing it to Henry you guys might find it interesting. Sounds like there is still a long wait for a HDS. This article makes me wonder if it is just the nature of a light of this quality...or of anything of this level of quality to have to wait.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/09/magazine/whats-a-4000-suit-worth.html?pagewanted=all

Last edited:

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I just received an email from Henry about the HCRI Clicky I ordered on Dec. 31st of last year. He said he's still waiting on one part to complete my light. He said it would be at least a couple of weeks. I'm still sure it will be worth the wait.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone thought of upgrading there clicky or rotary with an XP-G2? In other swaps, it seems like the end result is a great improvement in hotspot intensity, which translates into greater throw.
The updated reflector is already more throwy than the original introduced with the Acme threaded line of lights (smaller, brighter hot spot verses a less defined hot spot with brighter spill). I'm not sure you would want to modify it to introduce even more throw unless you're looking for a beam pattern similar to a theater spotlight.

thaugen

Enlightened
I just received an HDS 170 (Golden Dragon) from a seller in the Marketplace and I am blown away by the tint, beam quality and throw with this light and emitter combination!

I know Henry has stopped using the GDP emitters in the 170, but this one really shines. Having owned almost every LED Henry has offered recently I keep coming back to the Golden Dragon and XP-G HCRI as my favorites.

What is your favorite HDS emitter?

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The updated reflector is already more throwy than the original introduced with the Acme threaded line of lights (smaller, brighter hot spot verses a less defined hot spot with brighter spill). I'm not sure you would want to modify it to introduce even more throw unless you're looking for a beam pattern similar to a theater spotlight.

That'd be pretty neat, actually. My needs and uses lead me to purchase small, relatively throwy lights. I love my prev. gen Ra Clicky 140n's beam profile, and updated it awhile ago with an R2 XP-E. I prefer lights with a tight, concentrated hot spot that can illuminate objects at 50+ yards in a well lit urban environment. Every XP-G light that I've liked has suffered from a concentrated enough beam to meet this goal in a small pocket light, which is why I've stuck with the XP-E.

The XP-G2 seems to allow a chance to upgrade to a new. gen rotary or clicky and have my cake and eat it, too. I was glad to hear when the reflector profile changed to enhance throw [although most readily noticed was apparently the reduced hot spot "donut" hole at close range, which is also welcome]. Unfortunately, very few reviews are available, especially by those who have the new generation clicky's in both reflector profiles, and by those who can take lux measurements to compare the two. This has been the only thing holding me back [well, that and an acute lack of funds recently].

nbp

Flashaholic
I just received an HDS 170 (Golden Dragon) from a seller in the Marketplace and I am blown away by the tint, beam quality and throw with this light and emitter combination!

I know Henry has stopped using the GDP emitters in the 170, but this one really shines. Having owned almost every LED Henry has offered recently I keep coming back to the Golden Dragon and XP-G HCRI as my favorites.

What is your favorite HDS emitter?

I loved the 140w with the SSC P4. Followed closely by the XP-G, which still offers considerable flood with more throw.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am constantly impressed with the current 3700K hcri led that HDS is using. I like it more than the 3000K hcri cree and nichia 219 from illuminationsupply, as well as liking it more than ZL's 4000K 85+ cri rebel. All of them are pretty great but for the range of .08 to120 lumens I think 3700K is about perfect. A higher temperature would be better in a much brighter light.

motigg

Newly Enlightened
I'm still hoping someone might post some beamshots of the new hcri compared to the "old" SSC one. I have the latter light and am debating with myself about whether I need to upgrade. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts