HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imon

Enlightened
I stay away from unprotected cells. Its a rechargable battery, so I am not too worried about a little more runtime, its not worth the risk. :)

I always thought the red IMRs were safer than the ICRs... at least in terms of :poof:
As for the IMRs being unprotected, I wouldn't really worry about that with HDS lights since they prevent over-discharge in Li-ion cells.

nbp

Flashaholic
I did not know that thanks.

For programming I read 20 click didnt matter but I click away and when the light stays on I accidentally click again. Its very hard to click fast enough to do it right but not click that 1 extra time when the light stays lit.

You can click 30 times if you want, you just need at least 20, quickly, until it stops turning on and off, and then press-hold.

Reset your flashlight - i.e., remove the battery for 60 seconds and
reinstall. Alternatively, you can turn on your flashlight, remove the
battery compartment (your flashlight will turn off) and then reinstall
the battery compartment without waiting. Your flashlight will light
dimly for 7 seconds and turn off to indicate a reset has taken place.
You have 15 seconds following the reset indication to begin the
next step. After 15 seconds, you will need to start over.
• Perform a 20-click, press and hold from Off. You don't have to
count the clicks because you are allowed to enter more than 20
clicks prior to the press and hold. After the 20th click your flashlight
stops turning off and on with every other click. Remember: do not
pause between clicks or before the press and hold.
• Hold the button down until your flashlight turns off. Your flashlight
will display a dim-to-bright sequence to indicate it is enabling
Customization and then turn off. Release the button

ThumperACC

Newly Enlightened
I stay away from unprotected cells. Its a rechargable battery, so I am not too worried about a little more runtime, its not worth the risk. :)

- IMR16340 cells are unprotected because they do not need protection, they are safe and can provide tremendous current without damage or overheating.
- ICR123 are protected because the chemistry used in them is dangerous and subject to issues related overcharge, overdischarge, overcurrent. They are dangerous but made less so by the protection circuit that is embedded in them
- RCR123 or RCR16340 are unprotected versions of the ICR123 mentioned in the previous bullet. These are the truly dangerous batteries. They need protection circuitry and don't have it.

IMR16340 should be the safest because they don't have a protection circuit that can fail.

Disclaimer: This is my understanding of the facts. I am not a chemist or physicist so don't bet your life/safety on what I've said above.

ThumperACC

Brian1911

Newly Enlightened
Trying to justify why I need another HDS, lol. I already have a 170T and honestly adding a 200 Rotary doesnt seem practical. I was thinking of a rotary CRI instead which would fill a void of a light I dont have. I have a custom light with a mule from Mcgizmo and a Malkoff Titanium VME head using his Warm m31 which is very nice but its not something I am comfortable carrying daily. I am in the medical field and do look at wounds frequently so I think having the CRI would be a great idea. Does it work for other things or is it not very bright? Basically If I had to use it along with my gun is it enough light to get the job done?

fullpost

Newly Enlightened
After waiting for more than a year I finally got my High CRI Clicky today.
I already had one of the older versions but you can never have enough of them.
And I have to say I like the new one even better. The knurling feels much smoother and I really like the different tint, although I already loved the old one.
It was definitely worth the wait :)

img_0799rqakq.jpg

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
And I have to say I like the new one even better. The knurling feels much smoother and I really like the different tint, although I already loved the old one.

Do want!

Mine's just like that - been on order over a year - here's hoping it shows up soon.

dajab77

Newly Enlightened

img_0799rqakq.jpg

That's a good looking light. Enjoy!!!!! How do you like the clip. I know it did not come with the light. Does it spin around?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of the clip, does anyone have a photo or two separate, showing the two Clicky clips? It sure would be nice for them to have been shown on the website when I ordered mine.

I blindly selected the upgraded one.

Grizz

fullpost

Newly Enlightened
That's a good looking light. Enjoy!!!!! How do you like the clip. I know it did not come with the light. Does it spin around?

It's the silver decorative pocket clip you can order with the light, so it kind of came with the light :)
it fits perfectly, doesn't spin around and isn't too stiff, so very easy to use without tearing your pants or whatever

Speaking of the clip, does anyone have a photo or two separate, showing the two Clicky clips? It sure would be nice for them to have been shown on the website when I ordered mine.

I blindly selected the upgraded one.

Grizz

I'm not 100% sure that the clip I have on my old Clicky is the "old" one you can still get on the HDS website because I ordered it from another shop, but it's the one I've seen the most on other pictures, so I think it should be it

img_0821v7u1k.jpg

img_0823kiuu2.jpg

Imon

Enlightened
It's the silver decorative pocket clip you can order with the light, so it kind of came with the light :)
it fits perfectly, doesn't spin around and isn't too stiff, so very easy to use without tearing your pants or whatever

I'm not 100% sure that the clip I have on my old Clicky is the "old" one you can still get on the HDS website because I ordered it from another shop, but it's the one I've seen the most on other pictures, so I think it should be it

IIRC It's a Moddoo pocket clip.
Very pretty pocket clip. My experience with the stock pocket clip in my 3+ years using HDS lights has been problem free, but yeah, I can see why some people think it lacks a certain flair.

There are other options out there I believe Dark Sucks used to sell HDS clips similar to the Moddoo.

broonzbane

Newly Enlightened

img_0799rqakq.jpg

INCREDIBLE looking light! I have the same HCRI clicky with the same clip--but mine is in cerakote orange and it looks bada**! I love mine, but seeing yours makes me want the HA black with the stainless bezel!

you will LOVE this light! I barely touch my rotary anymore . . .

broonzbane

broonzbane

Newly Enlightened
With the way you answer questions, I'm surprised you know what friends are.

Thank you, Luminocity!

Dude, chill!!! I was just being silly. Somebody at work used this on me the other day and I thought it was HILARIOUS! I wasn't insulted at all, and I didn't mean to insult you.

broonzbane

burntoshine

Enlightened
Dude, chill!!! I was just being silly. Somebody at work used this on me the other day and I thought it was HILARIOUS! I wasn't insulted at all, and I didn't mean to insult you.

broonzbane

It just seems like, "Hey idiot, ever heard of google?", when I thought it was perfectly reasonable to ask the question in a place where HDS owners are looking. I was aware of that joke and used it on a few friends years ago. I don't think I ever used it on someone I didn't know. It's all good, sir. I am all about the silly; when I'm not assuming that I'm being insulted. I probably should have given you the benefit of the doubt, but I've seen many-a-post where people are being that ignorant.

You have to admit though, my response was pretty good. I also thought about replying: "Who's Google? Any friend of yours is no friend of mine."

Currently chilling.

Cheers

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, now you guys got me all confused! ... What was the question again?

Anonymous

Maxbelg

Enlightened
I just bought a brand new HDS 200 clicky tactical off a British forum and I' very impressed! I am more a high cri sort of guy but this one has a perfect white tint and it's very bright. It throws almost as far as my E1B and has a nice beam. I cancelled my order from HDS a few months ago and prefer to pick one up when the chance comes along and it did! It joins my self-modded Clicky with Nichia 219 high cri. These remain great flashlights and for those still waiting: good luck but it's worth quite a wait.
fotowz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.