HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know for an upgrade led if Henry do this for light without loose warranty?
I don't quite understand your question.

If you're asking if Henry offers LED upgrades for his lights, he does not. You'll have to buy a new light to get a new LED.

If you're asking if Henry warranties lights that have been modified by the user, the answer is also no. He can only guarantee work that his company has done for what I think are obvious reasons.

Luciaro

Newly Enlightened
I don't quite understand your question.

If you're asking if Henry offers LED upgrades for his lights, he does not. You'll have to buy a new light to get a new LED.

If you're asking if Henry warranties lights that have been modified by the user, the answer is also no. He can only guarantee work that his company has done for what I think are obvious reasons.

Sorry for my poor English..I ask for your first response. I prefer warm led. And my lights are cool white so I asked if Henry can mod old light. You say no.. Ok.. New light are cool. So I want warm hds light in my future :)

nbp

Flashaholic
Sorry for my poor English..I ask for your first response. I prefer warm led. And my lights are cool white so I asked if Henry can mod old light. You say no.. Ok.. New light are cool. So I want warm hds light in my future :)

The HI CRI Clickies with the XP-G are fairly warm if I remember correctly. I think there is (or was) one for sale in the Marketplace now. They are the 120 lumen versions.

rickyro

Enlightened
Yes, it will cover all the current back orders and still have a few left over... well, more than a few.

after reading this, just make a decision to place my order for a customized rotary neutral 170 with sapphire glass and black bezel finish

wish to get it asap.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HI CRI Clickies with the XP-G are fairly warm if I remember correctly. I think there is (or was) one for sale in the Marketplace now. They are the 120 lumen versions.

The XP-G HCRI were 3700k.
Yes, I love the warm tint of my HCRI 120 rotary. It makes for a very nice light on my night stand or around the campfire. My biggest regret was not grabbing the latest 140 lumen ones when they were available. Can't imagine how nice it would be to have a very warm light on candle mode, and I like the newer interface of twisting the head to lock out the light instead of the 3 clicks to lock.

Luciaro

Newly Enlightened

I know there are warm version but they are rare. And not in production. Henry please 250 lumens 2800k version :D

redryder

Enlightened
Yes, I love the warm tint of my HCRI 120 rotary. It makes for a very nice light on my night stand or around the campfire. My biggest regret was not grabbing the latest 140 lumen ones when they were available. Can't imagine how nice it would be to have a very warm light on candle mode, and I like the newer interface of twisting the head to lock out the light instead of the 3 clicks to lock.

Hogo (Thor's Holster) is suppose to be getting some.
i have the 140 lmn hcri. Suprisingly it is slightly less warm than the 120 lmn. Also the 140 has a different reflector which gives a larger hot spot with brighter spill and less throw.

Last edited:

eff

Enlightened
i have the 140 lmn hcri. Suprisingly it is slightly less warm than the 120 lmn. Also the 140 has a different reflector which gives a larger hot spot with brighter spill and less throw.
Do you mean the tint is closer to 4000K color temp ? It's funny as the led are supposed to be the old XPG HiCri.
Maybe it's because the led is driven slightly harder ?

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
aw22o2.jpg

One is the 140 lumens HCRI , the other is the 120 lumens HCRI. Can you guys even tell a difference? Which on is the 120 lumens? Left or right beam?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo (Thor's Holster) is suppose to be getting some.
Oh yes! Now I recall... Hogo is supposed to have something like 7 pieces coming in? How can I be in the 7 I wonder?

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may probably be able to order a holster and buy the 140 lumens HCRI at the same time? Otherwise, they will be posted up on his website for sale once they are available.

Last edited:

redryder

Enlightened
Do you mean the tint is closer to 4000K color temp ? It's funny as the led are supposed to be the old XPG HiCri.
Maybe it's because the led is driven slightly harder ?

Unfortunately I don't know what K to call the 140 lmn. I also have a 170 lmn NW, the 140 lmn is closer to the 120 hcri than the 170 NW. The 120 hcri is orangish, the 140 is yellow but not as orange. Maybe the variation is what you would expect from LEDs.

rickyro

Enlightened
after reading this, just make a decision to place my order for a customized rotary neutral 170 with sapphire glass and black bezel finish

wish to get it asap.

Hi all, does HDS give confirmation of receiving the order and kind of expected delivery time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts