HDS Systems EDC # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been trying too pick my favorite battery tube with no luck! I like them all! If I HAD to pick one, think I'd go with the 18650.

b3e7725eb9016e5c0e35e8c5661e3af2.jpg

required picture....

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been trying too pick my favorite battery tube with no luck! I like them all! If I HAD to pick one, think I'd go with the 18650.
Definitely 18680 for me. Once I put it on, no way it is coming off. Just the right size and great run time although I have yet to do a runtime test on it. AA is a bit too long for my liking. CR123 is good for EDC but I have plenty of those.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad you guys got all the flavors of battery tubes available. I'm content with the original CR123 tube, but at least we don't have to hear the AA-Only guys complain that it can't use "readily available" batteries anymore. There's no excuse not to own an HDS. [emoji2]

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad you guys got all the flavors of battery tubes available. I'm content with the original CR123 tube, but at least we don't have to hear the AA-Only guys complain that it can't use "readily available" batteries anymore. There's no excuse not to own an HDS. [emoji2]
Except when they only want a single AA light.

I think the complains now mainly has to do with the price and justification for it more than battery formats. I am glad I bit the bullet and ordered as and when I feel a little richer. The HDS rotary series are my favorite lights amongst all brands and makes. Simply the perfect EDC light for me.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Definitely 18680 for me. Once I put it on, no way it is coming off. Just the right size and great run time although I have yet to do a runtime test on it. AA is a bit too long for my liking. CR123 is good for EDC but I have plenty of those.

Having had CR2, CR123A, 17670, 19670, and 2x AA HDS/Ra tubes ... I completely agree :)

Perfect size, outstanding runtime.

rickyro

Enlightened

b3e7725eb9016e5c0e35e8c5661e3af2.jpg

required picture....

wow! Nice!

I am also looking forward to my 18680 tube. I pre-ordered it from one French distributor who said some time around this month.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those who wanted the white diffusion reflector... it is now available on the HDS website: here
I know some of you were waiting for these.

JKolmo

Enlightened
Great news! I add two of those diffusion reflectors to my 4000k xpl group buy order.

BingoBongo

Newly Enlightened
Hello All!

Im a long time lurker on this Thread here.I had a EDC R1S 250 Rotary and im very happy with this light.

Can anyone tell me some about the from HDS statet EMP safety,cant find much? I know, in a Faradaic Case are the Electronics Safe. So are the HDS lights are made like a Faradaic Case or is something other the reason for the EMP Safety!? Downside of my "Faradaic Case Theory" is the The Glass Lens,wich is no metal and can not shielding the EMP?

Thanks,Marc

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello All!

Im a long time lurker on this Thread here.I had a EDC R1S 250 Rotary and im very happy with this light.

Can anyone tell me some about the from HDS statet EMP safety,cant find much? I know, in a Faradaic Case are the Electronics Safe. So are the HDS lights are made like a Faradaic Case or is something other the reason for the EMP Safety!? Downside of my "Faradaic Case Theory" is the The Glass Lens,wich is no metal and can not shielding the EMP?

Thanks,Marc

Try Searching "HDS Faraday Cage" & "HDS EMP"

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those 2aa tubes are just OBSCENE!
And I mean that in a good way!
I can not see myself resisting one too much longer,help!

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello All!

Thanks,Marc

I've read more than most but am FAR from an expert. I have also asked the question to Henry face to face. He's not troubled by it one bit, neither should we be.

The Carrington event taught us that length ( think telegraph / power lines ) are most likely subject to failure. An actual EMP device would require you to be in a very immediate proximity and a flashlight is most definitely your last worry compared to your health. EMP / Faraday cages are a waste of time in regards to lights. In theory, Flashlights are simply not long enough for ill effect from something like a major solar flare like Carrington. The only question that has arisen for me is that (supposedly) someone in another forum was actually involved in such experiments and the batteries were hit and miss in functionality. :shrug:

Length plays the biggest roll in the event of an EMP, Im not knowledgable enough to elaborate on why a simple AA or CR123 battery might be affected. That said, a definitive answer is very likely a waste of time although a very interesting read. Not that a huge solar flare is improbable, It's actually likely in our lifetime. It's just the effect on well built lights, HDS likely being on top, will be negligible. Feel free to go and search out protection for HAM radios and possibly batteries. But chances of you having an issue with an HDS or even a Malkoff for that matter are slim to nil in my very limited understanding. The HDS having the advantage based on the fact it is the only tested light.

Outside of this post, you will just be in a revolving door of opinion, I have hit all the major bases except, grounding faraday cages....meh.... Buy a single cell HDS and rest easy. The simple truth is we do not know for certain, but "know" enough that lights would likely survive.

Out of reading all the Apocolypse type threads on the internet 2 things stand out the most. Fresh water and a reasonable means of protection, shelter and security. Everything else I would consider an absolute luxury and 99.9% of people will not even have that. Be prepared and be safe.

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
The flames make you feel cool, and cool people press the pedal harder, so flame decals really do make your car go faster.

Amateurs. :rolleyes:

Everyone knows it's the rear wing, and stick on air intakes, that make a 4 banger, front wheel drive car faster.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Those 2aa tubes are just OBSCENE!
And I mean that in a good way!
I can not see myself resisting one too much longer,help!
Great present for mom. She always has AA batteries and rotary simple to use. Either bring charged envelopes or change alkaleaks every time you visit! Tell mom to leave it on the shelf not hide it in the drawer!

Status
Not open for further replies.