HDS Systems EDC # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
And since you're efficient as well as fun-loving, that bottom light is about to be seen in a new of Shorty and Longman story? :naughty:

If I just had the time. Been on the road so much this last year though I'm hoping that slows down.
Next big project for me is a complete revamp of my website.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pivot here. Wow. Just received my 325 with flush tail cap, executive operation and black bezel. Now, of course the tint isn't as nice as my 140 219A or my 170 219B, but it ain't bad. Consistent edge to edge. Reads 330 lumen on high in my sphere. Really nice spot - about 4 times larger than the 219. Great light - heck, I love it. Not for the tint snob in me, but my 2 HDS 219 equipped lights take care of the tint concern. Just a tad warmer than my XPG2. Sheesh - 4 HDS lights with a Hyper Red on the way! I need help!!

:ohgeez: :eek:

Last edited:

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Warmer then the XPG2 which was supposedly warmer then the XPG, do you have a GDP to compare it to? If I recall those GDP emitters were kind of warm compared to Cree LEDs, wonder how close back to the GDP tint the XPL comes.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, no GD. I'll try to post some comparison photos when life gives me a chance. BTW, the tint is not greenish nor is it cool at all. It's actually pretty good, and consistent edge to edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Last edited:

JohnSmith

Enlightened
Hogo, what's the new black finish on the black bezels? I just ordered a replacement black bezel and its a darker, deeper, more satin finish than the usual shiny black finish. I love this new finish, I think of it as my Knight Rider bezel. Thanks...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo, what's the new black finish on the black bezels? I just ordered a replacement black bezel and its a darker, deeper, more satin finish than the usual shiny black finish. I love this new finish, I think of it as my Knight Rider bezel. Thanks...

Yes, the new bezels have a different coating on them. Right now it's a mixed bag of which bezel someone will get if they order a light as a good deal of lights have been built and are in inventory with both. As you may remember, some of the other black bezels developed issues and those were replaced. A new vendor is now coating the bezels. All of the existing old stock bezels were sent back to be refinished by the original vendor so there should be no issues with those currently shipping, however because the problem even came up in the first place, vendors were switched. HDS gets VERY unhappy when a vendor doesn't do things 100% right.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the new bezels have a different coating on them. Right now it's a mixed bag of which bezel someone will get if they order a light as a good deal of lights have been built and are in inventory with both. As you may remember, some of the other black bezels developed issues and those were replaced. A new vendor is now coating the bezels. All of the existing old stock bezels were sent back to be refinished by the original vendor so there should be no issues with those currently shipping, however because the problem even came up in the first place, vendors were switched. HDS gets VERY unhappy when a vendor doesn't do things 100% right.
Are you saying they are no longer AlTin coatings, or just a different grade of AlTin?

magnum70383

Enlightened
I always wanted the 18650 tube. But after using cr123, the size is perfect for edc, anything bigger will ruin it! As for the headlamp, I just bought a zebralight h600. Let's see how good this hds headlamp is...

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always wanted the 18650 tube. But after using cr123, the size is perfect for edc, anything bigger will ruin it! As for the headlamp, I just bought a zebralight h600. Let's see how good this hds headlamp is...
I will definitely want both the 18350 and 18650 tubes. One for EDC and slightly longer runtime, the other for massive runtime on night hikes.

magnum70383

Enlightened
I will definitely want both the 18350 and 18650 tubes. One for EDC and slightly longer runtime, the other for massive runtime on night hikes.

Although this is my perfect edc light, it doesn't have enough output and throw for my night hikes. I use a nitecore tm26 for flood and olight M2X-UT for throw :)

Megatrowned

Enlightened
Wow! This thread can take off fast! :popcorn: Woot! to the headlamp news!

And let's all be sure to sign up for the Ti edition when it comes out. Maybe, just maybe, we can get the price down to something "reasonable".

:crackup:

Well, I still want one anyway.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast

The black bezel on my Hyper Red has that malting problem, appears to happen even just stored in a case let alone in use.
Never bothered me to hassle Dan for a replacement but it's good to see that the new ones will improve as I can imagine it bothering some customers.
Love the Hyper Red by the way not to mention my 170.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see that the flood reflector will be available around April, not sure if it was asked but do we have any indication of price?

Status
Not open for further replies.