HDS Systems EDC # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

GearHunter

Enlightened
Well that didn't last long....back down to two HDS!

Last night my beloved 14 yr old daughter tells me once again just how much she " loves" the stripped and polished 250 I just traded for. I told her I was well aware of that after being told almost everyday since receiving it. She then told me that she had been thinking and decided that if I were to give it to her we could just consider it her one and only Christmas gift! I told her her proposition was not without merit but what were we to do about the 140N she carries now? Did she think I would be interested in trading her for it? She tells me no because why would I need that 140n when I now have my hicri and a 325? Said she'd been thinking about giving it to her friend Alisha because two weeks ago at her scouting overnight Alisha had some " piece of junk that she had to shake to get it to light up" said she felt bad for her because " when you need a light you need it to work every time"

what at can I say....when you're right you're right! So now I have a Ti MODDOO in need of a ride! I told her yes to the light but no to the clip....the light can be replaced! Thinking it's the perfect excuse to buy another 325! Perhaps a prison pink one for the wife.....

demure

Newly Enlightened

Last night my beloved 14 yr old daughter tells me once again just how much she " loves" the stripped and polished 250 I just traded for. I told her I was well aware of that after being told almost everyday since receiving it. She then told me that she had been thinking and decided that if I were to give it to her we could just consider it her one and only Christmas gift! I told her her proposition was not without merit but what were we to do about the 140N she carries now? Did she think I would be interested in trading her for it? She tells me no because why would I need that 140n when I now have my hicri and a 325? Said she'd been thinking about giving it to her friend Alisha because two weeks ago at her scouting overnight Alisha had some " piece of junk that she had to shake to get it to light up" said she felt bad for her because " when you need a light you need it to work every time"

what at can I say....when you're right you're right! So now I have a Ti MODDOO in need of a ride! I told her yes to the light but no to the clip....the light can be replaced! Thinking it's the perfect excuse to buy another 325! Perhaps a prison pink one for the wife.....

Sounds like you will have a second kid mooching 123 cells off you ^_-

GearHunter

Enlightened
Sounds like you will have a second kid mooching 123 cells off you ^_-

No doubt. That's why I buy them a couple dozen at a time. It's not as bad as it was when the wife and kids " take the dog out" light was a 325lm single stage G2x....they could burn 4 a week!

recDNA

Flashaholic
I just pulled what I'm pretty sure will be my new favorite and always in my pocket HDS out of the package. Bought a new 325 ( but guessing older stock based on the serial number,great stonewashed bezel and included standard pocket clip) I LOVE IT! The temp/tint is right in the middle of my hicri and my 250. Huge floody beam and bright light makes it just what I was hoping for. I'll toss a new family photo up as soon as I remember where I put that MODDOO Ti clip I got from Nicrod!
Congrats..a beauty. Where did you get it?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
That was a good read and I got a kick out of how she thinks it through. Clever enough that you might want to be watching out for the Modoo-clip-acquisition-attempt next. :popcorn:

No doubt. That's why I buy them a couple dozen at a time. It's not as bad as it was when the wife and kids " take the dog out" light was a 325lm single stage G2x....they could burn 4 a week!
It's high time you got some rechargeable 16340's and cut down on your battery budget!

GearHunter

Enlightened
That was a good read and I got a kick out of how she thinks it through. Clever enough that you might want to be watching out for the Modoo-clip-acquisition-attempt next. :popcorn:

It's high time you got some rechargeable 16340's and cut down on your battery budget!

thank you. She's a good kid that has been taught to go after what you want but make sure you're prepared to answer questions. To be honest I didn't think she had paid that much attention....she impressed her old pops. You are probably right about the clip...I better buy something to put it on very soon!

i know you are right about the rechargeables...I've been fighting it because of just the sheer simplicity of primary's. I think it will become my research project after the holidays.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend HKJ's reviews for your research project on 16340 li-ion cells and chargers. I was surprised to learn that AW Black protected ICR 16340 cells have less than the stated mAh capacity and the AW Red IMR 16340 cells have about the same mAh capacity. Using unprotected cells in HDS lights is not a problem due to the low voltage warnings.

GearHunter

Enlightened
I recommend HKJ's reviews for your research project on 16340 li-ion cells and chargers. I was surprised to learn that AW Black protected ICR 16340 cells have less than the stated mAh capacity and the AW Red IMR 16340 cells have about the same mAh capacity. Using unprotected cells in HDS lights is not a problem due to the low voltage warnings.

Thank you! That is great info to have. That's where I shall start.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
i know you are right about the rechargeables...I've been fighting it because of just the sheer simplicity of primary's. I think it will become my research project after the holidays.
I was in the same boat a couple years ago and kept trying to drain every last bit of energy out of those CR123's. Now that I've been a convert to 16340's I can recharge at any time, assuring that I've got a full charge always ready to go.

Once you go ahead and get some AW 16340's you'll realize there's nothing as simple or as cheap.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides - if you ever let someone use your HDS it's much easier to explain to them how to turn the light on and then twist the tailcap versus turning the light on and trying to explain how to double/triple click or click plus hold.
This is why my wife pounced on my cool white Rotary the day I bought my 120 high CRI. She always found the Clicky too complicated, but she actually likes the Rotary enough that she adopted it as her EDC.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

This is why my wife pounced on my cool white Rotary the day I bought my 120 high CRI. She always found the Clicky too complicated, but she actually likes the Rotary enough that she adopted it as her EDC.
I see a dangerous precedent in play! :candle:

Everyone quick, hide your HDS lights! :p

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife used to tease me about always carrying a flashlight until she was hit with a power outage at work and had to trudge out to her car to retrieve her HDS so she and her coworker could continue working. Now she considers the HDS one of her essential tools and never goes to work without it in her pocket. And she doesn't tease me any more. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.