HDS Systems EDC # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Getting ready to place an order for the clicky executive or the LE. Am I correct to say that the LE has a smooth reflector for more throw compared to the executive? Also, just to be sure. I can reprogram the light to drop the strobe for the lowest level, right? Thanks!

ven

Flashaholic
Must admit i did not know what to do with the clip, it feels so nice in hand without it but on gives it an anti-roll . Also i may be of the minority but do like the clip, think it suits the HDS with the metal clip. No slip on the rotary cap and no marks on the ano either. Would say it clears the head by a 0.001 as it looks touching to the eye yet it does not:)

I really love the HDS rotary, now a weeks use and find its a go to light around the house for now and occasional edc. The 200lm is more than adequate due to the reflector.............seems brighter than the claimed to my eyes and find 1/2 to 2/3rd is ample for daily uses. Been a bed side light as well.........one of those types of lights you just love using. From the form,feel,UI and air of quality about it. Big thanks to Jon again for etering me into the world of Henry:)

Clip pic

Love at 1st light!

Minimoog

Enlightened
both of my clickies are running Nichia 219b v1. 5000k 90+ emitters ( thanks Vinh !) and in my humble opinion they are the perfect EDC /all around light. I've run HDS with 4500k Nichia ( stock A & B), stock xp-l, 5000k xp-l, 4000k xp-l and 4000k Nichia hicri stock and I believe that sending two 325 L xp-L to Vinh for the swap to the 219b v1 was magic.

I may end up doing that. It is either have a better LED put in or sell as is, which would be at a loss after the import fees I paid. I'm just not seeing the sort of light quality I need for some tasks from the stock 250.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may end up doing that. It is either have a better LED put in or sell as is, which would be at a loss after the import fees I paid. I'm just not seeing the sort of light quality I need for some tasks from the stock 250.

All of Henry's light have mostly tended towards the cooler side for a long time. It's only recently that he's offered the N219B in a nicer more neutral tint.

I've found the XP-L HI produces a really nice beam in the light, for me. A more neutral XP-G2 works well too. The regular XP-L is a bit too floody for me.

My only concern with going from a XP-G or XP-L to a N219B with a mod is that the Vf of the N219B is higher. A light programmed for the lower Vf of the Cree LEDs may not put of the full 200 lumens that a HDS programmed N219B would.

demure

Newly Enlightened
Getting ready to place an order for the clicky executive or the LE. Am I correct to say that the LE has a smooth reflector for more throw compared to the executive? Also, just to be sure. I can reprogram the light to drop the strobe for the lowest level, right? Thanks!

I believe other people have said their new ones do [have the smooth reflector], but we don't have much data or Henry's acknowledging it yet.

Last edited:

Stoneking

Enlightened
I have a 250 lumens HDS Rotary.
I'm thinking of picking up 325 Lumen with flood reflector and AA Rotary Battery Compartment. How terrible would battery life be with AA in the 325 Lumens?
My question is, all of this should be interchangeable, correct? I would put the Flood Reflector on the 250 Lumens.
Also, are all the shipping and supply issues worked out. What is the current lead time for shipping?
Thanks guys!

GPS Rider

Newly Enlightened

My recently arrived EDC Custom 325 has a smooth reflector, so it's hard to say what you will get for sure. I would say write or call Henry and see if you can specify the reflector.

Not sure what you meant in your second question, but if you mean can you program one of the presets to be lowest level instead of strobe, yes, you can set each of the four presets to be any of the levels the light does, including the strobe, beacon, etc.

Last edited:

GPS Rider

Newly Enlightened
Also, are all the shipping and supply issues worked out. What is the current lead time for shipping?
Thanks guys!

Shipping delays are a recurring theme with HDS, but he recently started clearing a backlog on long awaited rotaries, so it sounds like you would get one quickly if you ordered now.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
My recently arrived EDC Custom 325 has a smooth reflector, so it's hard to say what you will get for sure. I would say write or call Henry and see if you can specify the reflector.

Not sure what you meant in your second question, but if you mean can you program one of the presets to be lowest level instead of strobe, yes, you can each of the four presets to be any of the levels the light does, including the strobe, beacon, etc.

Thanks!

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
Now I guess I will announce that I have ordered a custom rotary, I think on Thursday. It feels surreal that I spent over $400 on a 200 lumen flashlight as I used to be in the crowd to dismiss a high end flashlight unless it put out thousands of lumens. I guess I have turned to quality over quantity. :huh:

I ordered 200 lumen high CRI, sapphire window, 18680 body, and silver universal pocket clip. :sssh:
I have emailed Henry before and he made it sound like orders will really be shipped out in 2 weeks, so hopefully I will have it soon.

Double Barrel

Enlightened
Congrats @Tre_Asay
Hope it suits your needs. They are quality lights for sure.

Anyone heard from ForrestChump? Not seen the chump around in a while.

JohnSmith

Enlightened
Just dropped my Clicky 250 w/ 18650 compartment onto a concrete floor from about 7 feet. It landed pretty hard with a sickening thud, but there was no physical damage and it works as normal. That's exactly what I would have expected, but you never know for sure how these events will turn out.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just dropped my Clicky 250 w/ 18650 compartment onto a concrete floor from about 7 feet. It landed pretty hard with a sickening thud, but there was no physical damage and it works as normal. That's exactly what I would have expected, but you never know for sure how these events will turn out.

Excellent result. Your heart still sinks as its on its way down though! :D

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
On behalf of everyone here at CPF, thank you for kindly conducting this drop test! :D

Excellent result. Your heart still sinks as its on its way down though! :D
Yes it does, everytime. That's why I prefer for JohnSmith to do the drop tests!

recDNA

Flashaholic
I have a 250 lumens HDS Rotary.
I'm thinking of picking up 325 Lumen with flood reflector and AA Rotary Battery Compartment. How terrible would battery life be with AA in the 325 Lumens?
My question is, all of this should be interchangeable, correct? I would put the Flood Reflector on the 250 Lumens.
Thanks guys!
If you want fast dependable delivery and lower (or free) delivery charges wait until dealers like illumn or brightguy have the light.

markdeerhunter

Newly Enlightened
Home from the hospital and loving my rotary HIcri 200 with sapphire lens and black bezel. Although I'm a relative novice the beam looks awesome and I really like the interface.
0f7db2748395008c0688f30d6159b1d8.jpg
6b3ef3f95c14356b88ee7d38268a00ff.jpg
82017189250d14600ce865a445052045.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.