HDS Systems EDC # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj2

Flashaholic
How long have you been waiting for the back-order from Just Conquer? And did they give any expected date for them to get their orders from Henry and ship to you?

Waiting since early March. They were given a shipping expectation about 3-4 week ago, but their order hasn't been shipped yet. Of course, their order includes more than just my ordered tube.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
Well it has been 6 weeks from ordering my custom rotary. I am still interested but I am losing hope of having it anytime soon.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't lose hope. Hell I ve been waiting since April last year! When you get it you WILL be happy.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it has been 6 weeks from ordering my custom rotary. I am still interested but I am losing hope of having it anytime soon.

Yup - almost 9 weeks for me.

Don't lose hope. Hell I ve been waiting since April last year! When you get it you WILL be happy.

+1. Don't lose hope! usdiver must be waiting on the NRA Blue, yes? At any rate, whatever the build, the lights are worth it. For me its an FDE Cerakoted High CRI Rotary. Can't wait, but gotta wait!

trojansteel

Newly Enlightened
Henry said LED board delivery was late, but arrived yesterday. He said my Clicky order, place within last couple weeks, should be completed by end of this upcoming week.

kj2

Flashaholic
I know things can run out of stock, but seems like there is always something which causes delays..
Still waiting on my order, a 18650 rotary tube, that I placed over at Just Conquer. They're waiting until Henry ships it to them.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any extra tubes so I can't comment from personal experience, but all the documentation says that switching tubes wouldn't cause an issue with programming. In order to lose your programming you have to do a factory reset, which is a very specific set of steps.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I know that they don't recommend using 2 cr123 batteries but I wonder if a spacer could be made up to use 1x cr123 in the 18680 compartment?

heck, I already have 3 18650 batteries so if that is'nt enough then I have worse things to worry about in an emergency.
What I like about the HDS is that it can be used as an edc light or as a not very bright but super long lasting emergency light.
If power was knocked out then it would be dark and I could get by on >5 lumens, which would give me over a week of constant use. Now unless the sun dissapeared I would only use light 1/3-1/4 of the time. Assuming I had 4 charged cells I could last 3+ months with a single light. I am looking for a 12v solar set up so I can power a nitecore D2 off the grid and be self sufficient even if I find myself in a place with rolling blackouts.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I m waiting on the second run 4000k neutral. Opted out of the blue. Tactical rotary... I ve asked if I could have it switched to the rotary ui as you lose one preset with the tactical. If he wants to build it the way I ordered it that is ok too. I ve only recently learned how to get the rotary into momentary hi but hell I suppose I can cancel the ui change request. Can always have him reprogram later. You can change the tails as long as the rotary tails are being used with a rotary head. They and the clickies can't be interchanged. Also the program is in the head so it doesn't matter about the tail I'd: rotary tail on a rotary head = rotary. Same tail on a rotary tactical light = tactical. Correct me if I m wrong but I m sure I m correct.
FDE cerekote sounds and looks good but the flat finishes don't last as long as the gloss finish or the best is annodized black

calypso699

Newly Enlightened
Ordered a custom tactical rotary in with Nichia 219b and Orange cerakote. Got an email from Henry on 4/1 saying 4 weeks. Hopefully it's soon. I also hope the reflector is the orange peel and not the smooth variety.

LATimber

Newly Enlightened
I have an HDS that I would like to change the LED. First is it difficult? Second does HDS sell light engines for this purpose?

nbp

Flashaholic
I have an HDS that I would like to change the LED. First is it difficult?

I guess that depends how good you are with a soldering iron. ;)

Some have done it very successfully, so it can be done.

Second does HDS sell light engines for this purpose?

Nope, the electronics are all potted in place. Trying to remove them will destroy them.

LATimber

Newly Enlightened
Well if there is a skill level below novice, I am a few behind that... Guess I will have to order what I am looking for as opposed to a DIY. Thanks for the input.

chris

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well if there is a skill level below novice, I am a few behind that... Guess I will have to order what I am looking for as opposed to a DIY. Thanks for the input.

chris

There are a few members around who will do this work for you at reasonable rates. Vinh may do it. I know Jake was too at one point. Maybe SOYCD...

eala

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Well if there is a skill level below novice, I am a few behind that... Guess I will have to order what I am looking for as opposed to a DIY.
Like Eala said there are plenty of people here who can and have done these simple emitter swaps. Probably most of my lights have had the emitters changed out for tints I preferred.

PrinceValorum

Newly Enlightened
I have an HDS that I would like to change the LED.

There are a few members around who will do this work for you at reasonable rates. Vinh may do it.

I bought my EDC Exec second hand with the LED swapped by Vinh, and I am pleased with it. The emitter is right where it should be on the PCB, but it's slightly off center in the reflector, which seems consistent with most HDS pictures I've seen 'down the tube'. I can't tell against a white wall that it at all impacts the beam quality, though.

khoinguyen1407

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I've just got the HiCRI 200lm Rotary from HDS and have a problem:
- When I set the minimum output, I heard a small sound like mosquito. Why the previous 200lm Rotary does not have a sound like HiCRI? Is the new one normal or abnormal?
Thanks everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.