HDS Systems EDC # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lithium466

Enlightened
I'm interested in an XP-L and a Nichia 219, I prefer the XP-L emitter but sometimes it's difficult to determine colors. My Rotary is always with me and having to ability to switch emitters with a click would be incredible.
Oh, this would require a serious mod with driver and optic change. I'm pretty sure it could be done, but finding the right parts will probably be difficult...and you won't get the same UI.
You may perhaps contact this guy http://budgetlightforum.com/node/51735 regarding the driver part, but you'll have to find a suitable optic...maybe the flood reflector with an enlarged hole?

Stoneking

Enlightened
Oh, this would require a serious mod with driver and optic change. I'm pretty sure it could be done, but finding the right parts will probably be difficult...and you won't get the same UI.
You may perhaps contact this guy http://budgetlightforum.com/node/51735 regarding the driver part, but you'll have to find a suitable optic...maybe the flood reflector with an enlarged hole?

Thank you for the link!

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bow to you. Long live the king!

Seriously this is so awesome.

New HDS Day! Got my SEAL-edition Rotary in from Hogo, along with a great little slip-holster! Thanks Hogo and Henry! There's still a few of these left on Hogo's website at www.thorshammercustomleather.com

pheRTvM.jpg

nmu9iCq.jpg

H0IRi86.jpg

0aU9Gdp.jpg

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always liked the rotary interface and the aesthetics of these and have lurked this thread for years -
I'll probably never be able to afford one but I was wondering if anyone has successfully modded a rotary with a higher output driver?
Would be nice to go from sub-lumen to direct drive with a spin of the dial.
And with XPL-HI 4000K.

Just dreaming here - don't taze me bro.
:):):)

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always liked the rotary interface and the aesthetics of these and have lurked this thread for years -
I'll probably never be able to afford one but I was wondering if anyone has successfully modded a rotary with a higher output driver?
And with XPL-HI 4000K.

Being tazed is mandatory...part of the hazing ritual!

And yes several people have modded with a higher output/lower vf LED for higher max output. Last I heard Vinh was your man!

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being tazed is mandatory...part of the hazing ritual!

And yes several people have modded with a higher output/lower vf LED for higher max output. Last I heard Vinh was your man!

Cheerz-
I'm not sure Vinh has a driver that would work with the rotary - as I'd like to have a rotary dial but up the max level to "direct drive" and ramp down to sub-lumens in on twist.

Maybe u could set it up with any normal driver that uses an electronic switch?

Sorry if this is off topic :)

Dream light would be - 18350 rotary with XPLHI 4000K with power boost driver going from ~0.5 lumens to ~1000.

Seems doable.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheerz-
I'm not sure Vinh has a driver that would work with the rotary - as I'd like to have a rotary dial but up the max level to "direct drive" and ramp down to sub-lumens in on twist.

Maybe u could set it up with any normal driver that uses an electronic switch?

Sorry if this is off topic :)

Dream light would be - 18350 rotary with XPLHI 4000K with power boost driver going from ~0.5 lumens to ~1000.

Seems doable.

i believe what he's saying is you just swap emitters for something that has a higher output with the same driver.

Lithium466

Enlightened
And with XPL-HI 4000K.

Not sure about a rotary, but I have a clicky with a direct drive driver, several modes, three different UI...but no moonlight unfortunately :D

recDNA

Flashaholic
I love the rotary too. Love a 1.5 amp model. Will of course never happen. I know I am a Philistine.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would be a nice emitter that is actually available for an HDS that is not currently offered by HDS?
Here is tough part... the emitter must be available. That is to say, it has to be for sale... somewhere. It can't be one that is listed someplace and yet is not actually sold anywhere. Something like the 4000k run... can't find those emitters anywhere anymore. Hyper Red run... again, those emitters are very elusive now.
The other caveat would be that is has to fit and run in an HDS. There can't be modifications to the electronics or reflector, so basically same size emitters.
Any thoughts?

archimedes

Flashaholic
I don't know the variances you are limited to in terms of Vf, size, etc, but Osram has some super-high CRI emitters in very nice CCT ranges ....

Status
Not open for further replies.