HDS Systems EDC # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
It was indeed. My orange hi cri rotary should be here before the weekend :grin2::grin2::grin2::twothumbs:rock::candle:
(as you can tell I'm happy)

Hoosier Light

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know why the dealers listed on the HDS website have such thin inventories of HDS flashlights? (Looks like it is currently impossible to buy an in-stock HiCRI rotary anyplace.) Is Henry still unable to keep up with demand or are the dealers unwilling to keep a decent stock on hand? Or something else?

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know why the dealers listed on the HDS website have such thin inventories of HDS flashlights? (Looks like it is currently impossible to buy an in-stock HiCRI rotary anyplace.) Is Henry still unable to keep up with demand or are the dealers unwilling to keep a decent stock on hand? Or something else?

I know Repsol stated that he waited for about a month to get his. Not sure if he got it from Henry or a dealer though. I actually just got an email from Henry that my clicky has shipped. So not sure if the Rotaries are just taking a lot longer/harder to make than the clicky version.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
I ordered direct from Henry. No idea if rotaries take longer or not. Seems like they do.

Last edited:

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you guys had any problems with the switching of the HDS lights? Example, pressing the tailcap and does not turn on to your desired mode or double click it and again goes to a different mode than you had?

Strintguy

Enlightened
Have you guys had any problems with the switching of the HDS lights? Example, pressing the tailcap and does not turn on to your desired mode or double click it and again goes to a different mode than you had?

JP, i had to send my 2011 HDS clicky back to Henry for a funky problem like you mention. He had it fixed and returned very quickly. He even put a 123 in with it. He stands behind his lights100%.

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, that is what I am slightly nervous about. Seems like a lot is going on with the internals, and something could go wrong. I know that it is a tough light though, and could take some serious abuse.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got 6 HDS lights (not counting 4 Novatac's and several Arc 4's which Henry designed) and one HDS Ra has had a serious problem for a long while but I put off sending it in until about 10 days ago. It would sometimes not turn on at all and other times if you put in a new battery and it came on then you could not turn it off! All but this one have been fine but this one was seriously intermittent. Been waiting over a week now since it arrived at HDS and can't seem to get any response on where things are at. I really wish HDS was more responsive with repairs and such. They can be such great lights but if one gets a switch problem it's the pits. I even swapped tails between other lights and the problem always followed the tail section (switch) where as the head worked fine with a tail section from another light. The one that is bad is the only HDS with a tactical tail switch -- not sure if that is related to the problem.

Last edited:

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got 6 HDS lights (not counting 4 Novatac's and several Arc 4's which Henry designed) and one HDS Ra has had a serious problem for a long while but I put off sending it in until about 10 days ago. It would sometimes not turn on at all and other times if you put in a new battery and it came on then you could not turn it off! All but this one have been fine but this one was seriously intermittent. Been waiting over a week now since it arrived at HDS and can't seem to get any response on where things are at. I really wish HDS was more responsive with repairs and such. They can be such great lights but if one gets a switch problem it's the pits. I even swapped tails between other lights and the problem always followed the tail section (switch) where as the head worked fine with a tail section from another light. The one that is bad is the only HDS with a tactical tail switch -- not sure if that is related to the problem.

Wow, great to hear and hopefully your Light comes back to you swiftly.

Does anyone know if Henry got rid of momentary high mode only on the click switches? Anyone know how many clicks. Thanks.

Hoosier Light

Newly Enlightened
I know Repsol stated that he waited for about a month to get his. Not sure if he got it from Henry or a dealer though. I actually just got an email from Henry that my clicky has shipped. So not sure if the Rotaries are just taking a lot longer/harder to make than the clicky version.

My question is why aren't dealers keeping a decent stock of HDS lights in their inventory. Given Henry's sometimes casual approach to communication about delivery, I would tend to buy another light from a dealer who had the light ready to ship. Except nobody seems to have a decent selection ready to ship.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Mine finally arrived today. Only been playing with it so far as its not dark yet and I think I finally have it programmed as I want it. I can already say I like being able to dial in the amount of light I want. The dial is nice and smooth and easy to use. It's definitely not a flame thrower but I think it will be adequate. Tint is fantastic. once I sort out a clip solution I think this will definitely be carried quite a bit. Very happy with my investment.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My question is why aren't dealers keeping a decent stock of HDS lights in their inventory. Given Henry's sometimes casual approach to communication about delivery, I would tend to buy another light from a dealer who had the light ready to ship. Except nobody seems to have a decent selection ready to ship.
I sort of have gotten the impression over the years that Henry tries to do almost everything himself so I think that's why stock and communication are lagging. Good for profit but not always the best way to do business. However I know he had a bad experience with Novatac so maybe solo is the only way it works for him. Unfortunately that drives some of us flashaholics nuts :hairpull:

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Rotary responds to the rotary input in candle mode. Turn it down and it stays on the lower modes while it flickers, turn it up and it gets much brighter on the max, if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.