HDS Systems EDC # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 400 lumen hiCRI light hound.
Some of you may think I'm crazy.
Some of you would be right.
Now, if Geronimo just had opposable thumbs, she could adjust the brightness level herself.
She wants a dark adaption red and a forensic blue so she can pull other dogs over at night... you just know that is going to happen later, don't you?

img-0337.jpg

img-0340.jpg

img-0342.jpg

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered the HDS Hi CRI Executive Clicky light after lots of research. Hands down it had all the boxes checked for me over other lights at this point in time. That makes two HDS lights for me including my 250 lumen Rotary. (Also just noticed that that emitter is now LIMITED on the website).

What sealed the deal among the 14 functional variables important to me was the High CRI tint chart on the Virence website. I definitely want the 219B at 4,000K and CRI of about 93. The 219C emitters looked a little yellow to me compared to the 219B.

https://www.virence.com/gallery

Other items that swayed me included one of the best CRI's available at around 93, customizable lumen levels, true momentary lumens, battery lockout, heat dissipation from aluminum body, shock resistant, uses my current battery types, uses protected lithium ion batteries, has easily replaceable parts (clicky and rubber), has great moonlight mode with no noticeable Pulse Wave Modulation to the unaided eye, has thermal LED protection, has battery step down, and has a lifetime warranty. No other light came close on these attributes when combined. So excited!

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now, if Geronimo just had opposable thumbs, she could adjust the brightness level herself.
She wants a dark adaption red and a forensic blue so she can pull other dogs over at night... you just know that is going to happen later, don't you?

Wow, I...I have no words. Strangely, I can't stop looking at the photos. :tinfoil:

Lucky little mutt.

ironhorse

Enlightened
The value of that dog went way up in that picture.

And when you always referred to the mutt, I thought you were calling your off road buggy the mutt.

Last edited:

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a legacy HDS clicky from 2010 with the Hi-Cri emitter. Can anyone tell me how the tint and beam of the current Hi-Cri emitters compare to what I've already got?

--flatline

nbp

Flashaholic
That dog holster would make a sweet wrist gauntlet for a guy with a big wrist. Double barrel blade stopping light emitting wrist defender!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
That dog holster would make a sweet wrist gauntlet for a guy with a big wrist. Double barrel blade stopping light emitting wrist defender!

I'm actually doing something like that but with a knife.

Please tell me you named the dog Jeff.

Actually, because of her traumatic birth on December 7th, she got the name Geronimo Airborne Fallonfloor. She got her jump wings right away... when mom pushed her out while being carried... so while technically she didn't jump out of the mother ship but was pushed, I thought she deserved her jump wings nonetheless. I wasn't there to witness the event, but heard all about it. At least she hit plush carpeting because her chute didn't open.

scout24

Flashaholic
Well, today was a good mail call day. I got a small package from Team HDS with two items inside- my repaired Rotary and a new Thor's Hammer holster! The Rotary had gone back to Arizona after our house fire to see if it were salvageable. It was returned working at no charge, and the holster was a freebie from Dan. I can't post pics, but did put one up on FB in the Candlepowerforums user group. I believe Mr. Hogo may have some photos if he cares to share. I bought my first HDS fairly soon after joining here and couldn't ask for better service or communication. Thanks again, Henry and Dan. Way above and beyond... :thumbsup: : bow: :party:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are a couple photos Henry and I took of your light before we took it apart and replaced a few things. Pretty good shape considering it went through a house fire.

img-0326.jpg

img-0329.jpg

img-0331.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.