HDS Systems EDC # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lithium466

Enlightened
Actually I don't remember which one but one spatial launch failed because one team used metric and the other SAE. Also probably the maintenance team that inspected the launcher didn't have HDS flashlights at that time.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the same thing happened with a Pan European Airplane. We did it in imperial and someone else did it in Metric.
All my fluid intake is imperial, but the walk home is metric.
P

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the same thing happened with a Pan European Airplane. We did it in imperial and someone else did it in Metric.
All my fluid intake is imperial, but the walk home is metric.
P

Ha ha nice one.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I don't remember which one but one spatial launch failed because one team used metric and the other SAE. Also probably the maintenance team that inspected the launcher didn't have HDS flashlights at that time.

NASA lost its $125-million Mars Climate Orbiter because spacecraft engineers failed to convert from English to metric measurements when exchanging vital data before the craft was launched. Jet Propulsion Laboratory used the metric system of millimeters and meters in its calculations, while Lockheed Martin Astronautics in Denver, which designed and built the spacecraft, provided crucial acceleration data in the English system of inches, feet and pounds.

As a result, JPL engineers mistook acceleration readings measured in English units of pound-seconds for a metric measure of force called newton-seconds.

It's only tax payer money. The government knows where to get more.

Stand by for High Noon shipping notifications... Don't Panic... If you gave your address to me in Metric, I can convert it!

Madlag

Newly Enlightened
It was literal lol. I've heard "two weeks" since early December. Including some of the latest Hogo two week estimates.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was literal lol. I've heard "two weeks" since early December. Including some of the latest Hogo two week estimates.

Yes, I said 2 weeks on March 8... It is now March 22. Unless one is using a metric calendar, that is two weeks... and guess where I am heading right now... the post office with a bunch of High Noons. Not all, but 80%. The rest I am picking up later today from Henry. Did you even order one? And if yours is in this batch, you should have received a tracking number.

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Never send food back in a restaurant and never **** off a guy making/sending you a flashlight😂. Words to live by by

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never send food back in a restaurant and never **** off a guy making/sending you a flashlight. Words to live by by

He didn't order one and even if he had, he would still get a pristine light. While I might like to lick the reflector, they taste terrible!... not that I would know... a friend told me.... his name is Shorty... or was it Longman? No. I'm pretty sure it was Shorty who was licking reflectors.

Either way, doing stupid things will always come around to bite one in the rear. While I have certainly done "stupid things" in my life... the biggest being getting married... I would NEVER intentionally do anything nasty to somebody's light. That's just bad ju ju.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
He didn't order one and even if he had, he would still get a pristine light. While I might like to lick the reflector, they taste terrible!... not that I would know... a friend told me.... his name is Shorty... or was it Longman? No. I'm pretty sure it was Shorty who was licking reflectors.

Either way, doing stupid things will always come around to bite one in the rear. While I have certainly done "stupid things" in my life... the biggest being getting married... I would NEVER intentionally do anything nasty to somebody's light. That's just bad ju ju.

Oh I think we all know your a stand up guy. Just having some fun. 😃

scout24

Flashaholic
You know what would be nice? Giving some props to the guy here who doesn't have to check in a few times a day to field BS from trolls. Cut Hogo some slack, and understand he gives a crap, and is trying to keep everyone informed. Let's try not to live in the past and give the man credit and see what happens, shall we? Beating the dead horse isn't productive.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well just finished run test with my 85tr twisty. Lowest setting 3400/18650.
355 hours. Just short of 15 days. Was expecting a bit more then that but that's what she did. Battery was at 3.4 at end of test.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure not until the backlog is all caught up. But then the issue was the LED's were a one-time source, Hogo did not have a line on any more.

thermal guy, that does seem short, compared to the old clickies at around 500 hours on a CR123. But is the Twisty low nearly as low as the 0.08 lumens on the old clickie types? If not, maybe the total lumen-hours it got was actually quite efficient.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Battery kicking out at 3.4 didn't help out. Think she had lot of juice still in her.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well it's good to know info to have. But still expected way more then that. It was a fenix 3400mah light started blinking when cell hit 3.4. Not sure if that's right

Status
Not open for further replies.