HDS Systems EDC # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may be premature for the Carbon Fiber industry but how about a fully Carbon Fiber HDS clicky mostly for the weight reduction. I have several bicycles made out of Carbon Fiber and they have been very durable and light in weight. For the threaded parts I imagine one would have to mold or glue aluminum threads into the carbon fiber tubes/pieces. The target would be a 50% weight reduction from the current flashlight weight.

That would be cool!

JohnSmith

Enlightened
Patina darkened brass with the matte black nitride bezel. That could be very nice.

d13avo

Enlightened
I can see where you are coming from, but for me the whole thing about an HDS is the weight. They feel so solid compared with the other lights of a similar size.
I expect it's just me though.
P

Agree completely, I like the weight also. The light is quality and feels solid.

Not-Required

Newly Enlightened
I was considering upgrading my two HDS lights with sapphire lenses. Why did you order them?
I got the sapphire lenses for scratch resistance. These lights will be used at my work as a emergency vehicle technician.

bigfoot

Enlightened
This thread needs more pics... :D

42177925481_ffb8c88e4a_b.jpg

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone clarify the Rotary User Interface with Revision 2.18 software?

Specifically, do Presets B, C, and D each take you to the same lumen output level - which depends on where the rotary dial is set ("the rotary brightness level")?

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Specifically, do Presets B, C, and D each take you to the same lumen output level - which depends on where the rotary dial is set ("the rotary brightness level")?
Yes, but that's just the default setting. You can still program each preset to be whatever you want.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just enable customization and make them what you want them to be. We intentionally set them all to Rotary Control by default because... watching people pick up the light at SHOT Show, who were unfamiliar with it, well they just started clicking the tail like they were going to go into an epileptic fit. We figured it was best to make it "dummy proof" from the factory, and let those who wanted to, make those settings whatever they wanted rather than the default strobes we had there previously.

Had a LEO magazine once wanted to evaluate our light. After several months they sent it back because the reviewer didn't want to read the manual (at that time, it shipped with the 24 page advanced manual). Another reason we went to the basic manual, then included the link to the advanced.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just want a change. It's been two years. I personally like to keep things moving and changing somewhat (perhaps in a way, a little contrary to how HDS has been in the past other than different upgrades that most never see as they are internal). I figure in two years, the folks who like that emitter, have got one. I am obviously not doing group buys anymore, but I can influence/start limited runs for HDS (which is basically me going "Hey Henry! Get some of these emitters because people seem to think they are the cat's meow right now!" and Henry will pick them up if he can and make a short run of them rather than buying an entire reel. Keeps things different and changing.
I think this is a very wise move.... I'm sure you realize how many will not be able to fight the urge of a new flavor. Continuing changes will be good for everyone but our wallets

Keitho

Enlightened
I am obviously not doing group buys anymore, but I can influence/start limited runs for HDS (which is basically me going "Hey Henry!

Very smart, Hogo. Instead of doing group buys, and many months of telling cpf about all of the supplier drama and QC issues, call them "limited runs." The first post in cpf can then be, "Hey, here is a picture of 25 complete build kits on the bench, including a really neat LED, the ___; the bins behind the build kits are all of the custom tubes and switches that will be used to customize each of the orders, including a new test run of 10 brass tubes and 10 carbon fiber 1x18650 tubes [I can only hope!]. Since all the parts are here and ready to begin the build, you'd better order quick, and your light will ship in 10 days or less after you place your order."

It is genius, because it is giving cpf and other fans what they want in custom and limited-run lights, and also listening to and responding to the feedback about the unpredictable and frustrating group buy schedules. Keep it up!

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
To you guys who use Hogo's belt holster with the spare battery loop, is there no concern about the extra cell getting wet?
I wouldn't go swimming while wearing it but I have had batteries get caught in the rain before and it's never been an issue.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
To you guys who use Hogo's belt holster with the spare battery loop, is there no concern about the extra cell getting wet?

No answer bout wetting a cell but, although kind of late. Congrats on the pick up! ... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pops

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just out of interest, why are you worried about getting your cells wet?
Ovbiously you wouldn't deliberately soak them (well I might, but that's for another time) but I can't imagine a rain shower would do any harm. If the chemicals inside can't get out I don't reckon the rain could get in.
Here's a link...
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?284990-Lithium-batteries-vs-water.
P

thermal guy

Flashaholic
That is friken amazing!! Did not know this was possible. I figured for one water would get into cell. I thought they had a vent. And two water in that light hurt nothing? Wonder if you could do that to an HDS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts