HDS Systems EDC # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, since everyone is asking "How can I tell if my HDS is a 4000, 3500, 3000, or 2700k? There is nothing written on the light and only on the packaging!"

You can't... or can you?

It is written on the power supply. IF you take the bezel and reflector off, DON'T touch anything in there. The elf is a tricky one and will use any excuse to run out of the light and disappear and would like nothing better than for you to start messing with the emitter... his window to escape!

NC40= Nichia C 4000k.

Oh, and look! The boards are... WHITE!

Thanks for the info....you put our fanatic minds at ease.

5f6a06d3e5c9a3a9c9caba615ec2e741.jpg

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can be a little cryptic sometimes... but let me just say....

TITANIUM IS A GO!!!!

Yes, after 9 years (the last run of HDS titanium lights) there will be another run. I've been working behind the scenes here to try to make this happen, and we are finally at the point where it is now up to you.

On July 6 at 12:00 Arizona time (we don't believe in Daylight Savings here in the AZ) there will an option on the HDS Custom page for a titanium Rotary light. Only the Rotary, and only 123 tube. You will be able to pick your emitter (and you will see an emitter you have not seen by HDS before, and also a few from past group buys) that you can put in your TITANIUM HDS ROTARY!!!! Wooohooooo!

Now, this is a pre-buy. We will keep the pre-buy open for a month. After that, the lights will be built. I expect a six month wait before they will ship or a Henry "two weeks". If we do not get the numbers we need, your money will be fully refunded. If we do get the numbers we need, the run will proceed. This is a small run of approximately 40 lights. If/when we reach 40, it will be closed. Base price is $1000

Any questions?

Not-Required

Newly Enlightened
Awesome!!!! Thanks for pushing for it! Not I gotta figure out the time conversion so i dont miss it.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its happening!!!

Lol, we're about to see all sorts of neat stuff go up for sale as folks try and raise the funds for this one. I know I'm already making a mental list :) Thanks Hogo!

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The entry fee is too high for me, but that's still exciting. Congrats on making it happen.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should mention in case anyone doesn't know me well, the titanium parts will be machined here in the U.S. of A.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ohhh, I see a ti rotary R9080 SW45 coming my way...[emoji14]

One of the reasons I have been a bit cryptic on the SW45... I was keeping a stash for the Titanium run if it should happen, and I just got confirmation today with the machinist and hashed it all out with Henry.
A few of the emitter options will be the High Noon, the 3 O'Clock High, and the F89HG (F89 Holy Grail... SW45 R9080).

toads

Newly Enlightened
One of the reasons I have been a bit cryptic on the SW45... I was keeping a stash for the Titanium run if it should happen, and I just got confirmation today with the machinist and hashed it all out with Henry.
A few of the emitter options will be the High Noon, the 3 O'Clock High, and the F89HG (F89 Holy Grail... SW45 R9080).

oh no...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe the machinist can do an 18350 bore as an option?

Nope. Henry and I discussed this but we won't try it without doing an aluminum run first to work out the bugs. It's more complicated than just boring it out because of the wire. Will be 123 only.

moltenmag

Enlightened
I can be a little cryptic sometimes... but let me just say....

TITANIUM IS A GO!!!!

Yes, after 9 years (the last run of HDS titanium lights) there will be another run. I've been working behind the scenes here to try to make this happen, and we are finally at the point where it is now up to you.

On July 6 at 12:00 Arizona time (we don't believe in Daylight Savings here in the AZ) there will an option on the HDS Custom page for a titanium Rotary light. Only the Rotary, and only 123 tube. You will be able to pick your emitter (and you will see an emitter you have not seen by HDS before, and also a few from past group buys) that you can put in your TITANIUM HDS ROTARY!!!! Wooohooooo!

Now, this is a pre-buy. We will keep the pre-buy open for a month. After that, the lights will be built. I expect a six month wait before they will ship or a Henry "two weeks". If we do not get the numbers we need, your money will be fully refunded. If we do get the numbers we need, the run will proceed. This is a small run of approximately 40 lights. If/when we reach 40, it will be closed. Base price is $1000

Any questions?

Is this open to everyone or just the people who responded in the interest thread? I don't want to miss this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.