HDS Systems EDC # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

jruser

Newly Enlightened
There is no risk. Yeah we all know Henry's been very slow in the past but there's never been any financial risk. Show me one person who didn't get a refund immediately on asking. I don't think there is one. Henry may be bad at estimating time and other general cs-related stuff, but he's honest and trustworthy. I'll let him hold my money for 6 months knowing full well that if the light doesn't happen for some reason I will get my money back.

I didn't mean to imply there is any risk, and apologize fully for doing so. I only meant that $1k is significant (for most of us), and 6 months is a long time to part with it.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't mean to imply there is any risk, and apologize fully for doing so. I only meant that $1k is significant (for most of us), and 6 months is a long time to part with it.

No doubt, I quoted both you and Hogo. Hogo's the one that said the "r" word, although I don't think he really meant "risk" either since I'm sure would agree with me that Henry is nothing if not honest and trustworthy. I agree, its a lot of money and a long time, but I appreciate Hogo being upfront about it so we can make informed decisions.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now you put it like that it seems scary.
But, of all the places that I would take that sort of a risk, HDS would be at the top.
There is integrity in everything they do.
Also, you have to look at it from their end, getting stuck with 40 grand's worth of lights would be a bit of a worry.
P

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by RCS1300

Which led emitter are you recommending? I definitely want 93+ CRI but with a brightness not hard on the eyes at 4am, my primary time of use, and distinctly different from my two HDS 219b 4000k. Was thinking either 219c 3000k or 219c 5000k or 219b 4500k with software version 2.18 or a different recommended led emitter option.

CPF member emarkd made an interesting comment in post #1448 stating that the 219B 4000K R9080 emitter has the same CRI as the 219B 4500K R9080 but is a little easier on the eyes. Do you think that would be the best option for me compared to the old stock inventory HDS 219b 4000K R9050 if high CRI and easy on the eyes at 4am is the criteria?

Or, are these two LED emitters so close that they aren't really that different to notice?

Those are not available, so it doesn't matter.
This is what IS available and what WILL be offered:
1. Current standard emitters (not listed as "limited")
2. Nichia 219c 5700k hiCRI (known as the "high noon"). 93-94 CRI 200 lumen
3. Nichia 219c 5000k hiCRI (known as the "3 O'clock High). 93-94 CRI 200 lumen
4. Nichia 219b 4500k hiCRI (known as the F89HG). 95-96 CRI 200 lumen

None of the LowK run is available in this. Those are gone.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now you put it like that it seems scary.
But, of all the places that I would take that sort of a risk, HDS would be at the top.
There is integrity in everything they do.
Also, you have to look at it from their end, getting stuck with 40 grand's worth of lights would be a bit of a worry.
P

Of course it's a risk. I'm not saying it isn't. Henry could die in that time and you sure as hell don't want me making the lights! Barring that, anyone who knows HDS, Henry, or myself for that matter can rest easy, but it's important people make informed decisions.
If we don't reach the number we need in a month, the refunds would come immediately, however once it is officially a "go" there won't be cancellations. You won't be able to cancel once you have paid so you really need to think about your budget and if you are actually in a position to "swing" this. It's like I had said in every group buy, you can't cancel, and there was ALWAYS at least one in each group buy who for some reason thought that didn't apply to them. I would help them find someone to take their spot, but I stuck to my guns and no one ever received a refund no matter what justification they used, and there was always someone willing to take their spot The same WILL apply here, so folks need to think long and hard before they commit.

The pre-sale was the only way I could talk Henry into doing the run. It was that or nothing, and he took some convincing.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The pre-sale was the only way I could talk Henry into doing the run. It was that or nothing, and he took some convincing.
Having had that conversation with him many times, both over the phone and in person for years now, I have a very good idea how hard you had to have worked at this to make it happen. Looking forward and hoping that I'll be one of the lucky ones.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Virence does not have these in stock anymore.

That is true - today.

Clemence just brokered a large group buy and procured > 100 extra of each CCT (4000k, 4500k) to go into his store. They have already shipped from Japan.

moltenmag

Enlightened
Those are not available, so it doesn't matter.
This is what IS available and what WILL be offered:
1. Current standard emitters (not listed as "limited")
2. Nichia 219c 5700k hiCRI (known as the "high noon"). 93-94 CRI 200 lumen
3. Nichia 219c 5000k hiCRI (known as the "3 O'clock High). 93-94 CRI 200 lumen
4. Nichia 219b 4500k hiCRI (known as the F89HG). 95-96 CRI 200 lumen

None of the LowK run is available in this. Those are gone.

Offered specifically for the Titanium? Or offered in general?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Offered specifically for the Titanium? Or offered in general?

They will be available to everyone at High Noon on July 6.
I did make a mistake as the 3 O'clock high WILL NOT be available in Titanium, but WILL be available in the standard. Not many of these anyway, but they are already in aluminum heads.
The 300 lumen V4 XPL can also be in the Titanium.

There number of F89HG's is very limited, but can also be put into a standard HDS or Titanium. I don't expect those to last more than an hour once High Noon hits on July 6.

Just so folks know what clock to use...

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/arizona

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having had that conversation with him many times, both over the phone and in person for years now, I have a very good idea how hard you had to have worked at this to make it happen. Looking forward and hoping that I'll be one of the lucky ones.

I've been called tenacious by several of my friends and it took all I had to convince him. I got the quotes from the machinists, crunched the numbers, went to more than a few forums and did some market research, got him drunk... and recorded him slurring "OK! Just let me alone!"

I think it was the rum that did it.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope the HDS website can accommodate the stampede of traffic at high noon on July, 6th. I'm an agreeable fellow, but likely to become ornery if my order times out and I lose my place. Medulla Oblongata.

redryder

Enlightened
Is there a particular reason the run is capped at 40?

BTW Just got my 3000k Hcri Rotary(group buy). Unfortunately, it's daylight and only had a chance to use it in a closet but from what I see I like it.

Question: Do the presets allow different light levels? I tried to program the presets, but it seems like the presets only allow different strobe options. With my previous Rotary, I was able program either strobes or a different light level.

I can be a little cryptic sometimes... but let me just say....

TITANIUM IS A GO!!!!

Yes, after 9 years (the last run of HDS titanium lights) there will be another run. I've been working behind the scenes here to try to make this happen, and we are finally at the point where it is now up to you.

On July 6 at 12:00 Arizona time (we don't believe in Daylight Savings here in the AZ) there will an option on the HDS Custom page for a titanium Rotary light. Only the Rotary, and only 123 tube. You will be able to pick your emitter (and you will see an emitter you have not seen by HDS before, and also a few from past group buys) that you can put in your TITANIUM HDS ROTARY!!!! Wooohooooo!

Now, this is a pre-buy. We will keep the pre-buy open for a month. After that, the lights will be built. I expect a six month wait before they will ship or a Henry "two weeks". If we do not get the numbers we need, your money will be fully refunded. If we do get the numbers we need, the run will proceed. This is a small run of approximately 40 lights. If/when we reach 40, it will be closed. Base price is $1000

Any questions?

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope the HDS website can accommodate the stampede of traffic at high noon on July, 6th. I'm an agreeable fellow, but likely to become ornery if my order times out and I lose my place. Medulla Oblongata.
That's a good point. It'd be awkward if we crashed the website.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a particular reason the run is capped at 40?

BTW Just got my 3000k Hcri Rotary(group buy). Unfortunately, it's daylight and only had a chance to use it in a closet but from what I see I like it.

Question: Do the presets allow different light levels? I tried to program the presets, but it seems like the presets only allow different strobe options. With my previous Rotary, I was able program either strobes or a different light level.

You can program A, B, C, and D just like always. Just now it is set from the factory to have B,C,D defaulted to Rotary.

https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/EdcRotaryAdvUsersGuide.pdf

40 wasn't picked arbitrarily. From the responses in interest threads and past sales, we came up with 40. In interest threads, you need to take about half of the original people who say "yes" out of the equation. The only "yes" that actually counts is the one where the money leaves the wallet. On the other side of the coin are those who lurk, but buy. There are a lot of those out there as well on all forums. We also didn't want to extend the pre-buy for any longer than it has to be. We felt a month tops, but again, it is quite conceivable that the 40 will be reached on day one. We just won't know until the 6th. There will be some extras made as Henry will of course get one, and I should end up with the answer to life the universe and everything at 42. A couple extra then kept around the shop for any future warranty issues just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.