HDS Systems EDC #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
Haha. I use those thick rubber bands that come on asparagus. Wrap one around the bezel and one around the reflector. They're grippy enough to let you separate them and most people have them around anyways. And if you don't it's a good excuse to roast some veggies.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha. I use those thick rubber bands that come on asparagus. Wrap one around the bezel and one around the reflector. They're grippy enough to let you separate them and most people have them around anyways. And if you don't it's a good excuse to roast some veggies.

What's funny is that earlier today I was in a sporting goods store where I saw a flashlight from another popular maker for the clearance price of $46. I bought it, played with it in my car for about 30 seconds, hated it, then returned it for a refund. (HDS has ruined me). The price of a glass lens and standard reflector plus shipping? $46

Cosmic, man.

ven

Flashaholic
Well that's a lot of reading ... and congrats on 20K posts, by the way ;) :eek:oo: :party:

Haha, i mean on the HDS section, i might waffle on some what in other areas:whistle: Thank you, i would say 19,999 are probably waffle again(English meaning of talking a lot with not much sense or meaning............not as in breakfast! haha)

Thank you, never even noticed. You could catch me up if you post a pic of a light at a time:naughty: :poke: ok...ok ......... , maybe not exactly, you would surpass me:p

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's funny is that earlier today I was in a sporting goods store where I saw a flashlight from another popular maker for the clearance price of $46. I bought it, played with it in my car for about 30 seconds, hated it, then returned it for a refund. (HDS has ruined me). The price of a glass lens and standard reflector plus shipping? $46

Cosmic, man.

Now that's a sign if there ever was one haha. Glad you got it sorted! Sorry it was a mess getting to that point.

ven

Flashaholic

Cosmic, man.

Yes HDS are not cheap, many would certainly say $46 is not either, but one thing for sure, you buy for life. Its not an investment for a few weeks or even years, then chuck in the bin. Its a tool that gets handed down generations. The nichia 429c 4500k 100 cri will be so run of the mill in 30 years time................

thermal guy

Flashaholic
We interrupt this program to announce that I'm an idiot. (Some of you may have already suspected as much, but let's not have everyone speak up at once.) Last night I separated a bezel/reflector assembly for the first time. Partially because of ignorance and partially because of high gravity beer, I reassembled it incorrectly, without the lens and O-ring sandwich. After spending half of the day trying to take it back apart, it finally acquiesced. Then, just as I had all of the parts lined up correctly, I fumbled and dropped everything in such a way that the lens got trapped between the falling steel bezel and a granite table top.

CRACK!

So I broke my first lens. Now I have an order in with Unique Titanium for a new glass lens (at least it wasn't sapphire!) and I got a spare reflector, in case I muck something else up. :confused:

Wow that's a thick tough piece of glass to break. Must of hit just right

Elmie

Enlightened
Not sure why I waited so long to buy another HDS lol. I still have my HDS EDC Ultimate 60. It's refreshing not having a high lumen triple as this thing throws really well. Just a quick observation though. My U60 till this day still looks new with no chips on the finish, but with the HDS Rotary after using it for a few days I managed to chip the tail?!?!?!?!

I'm not hard on my lights so this really surprised me. I guess dyed HAIII just aren't as durable as a good old natural.

PS. I'll take mismatched parts for a more durable finish :p

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I love old school hds.there smaller love the natural HA and as long as you stay away from highest settings runtimes are better then the new crop. Maybe not as tough as the new generation But I have never broken one. I do hope a run of natural HA happens with the current lights.mismatched or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts