HDS Systems EDC #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
My first HDS was an Executive with the NLT. My second was from Battery Station, an Executive with CREE-XPG2 (I assume). It has a nice cool tint. It is not green at all, like some of the pictures I have seen. I have been pondering getting a rotary, and after seeing these new pictures I ordered one yesterday morning with the stainless tail cap. I chose the SS40 to go with that. I really like the Executive and figured out the programming no problem, but I can see how the rotary would be very useful in certain situations. Definitely excited to get my first rotary. HDS is the ultimate EDC that I know of.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good grief. I did a little selling to ease my guilt, then just ordered a NLT, silver head and tail, rotary, flush button - boom - 18680. Okay, I'm done. No more flashlights....

:crazy:

...until....

turbodog

Flashaholic
rotary2.JPG

nbp

Flashaholic
I am a clip maniac too. That Armytek clip I posted above is one of the better solutions I've found that doesn't involve poking my own holes in a $335 flashlight. Haha. Trying to decide if I want to keep that on or put on a Ti Moddoo clip under the bezel. It's then bezel up which isn't my preference but the clip is very good, so....

Or I could put the big expensive proto universal clip on it. That might be the best. I have it on my bedside Rotary now so that one doesn't really need a clip I suppose.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the Armytek clip not scratch the ano? I took the clip off my 1L 1 AA as I was worried about damage. Then I put it back on as it was useful.
P

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the oveready clip under the bezel. I know it's bezel up which is also not my preference but I think for the rotary it is best because it does not interfere with rotary operation like a bezel down clip would.

nbp

Flashaholic
Does the Armytek clip not scratch the ano? I took the clip off my 1L 1 AA as I was worried about damage. Then I put it back on as it was useful.
P

Ehh, if you mess with it on/off a lot it might. I would not use it on my cerakote lights but on an HA light, they're users anyways. Haha.

I really like the oveready clip under the bezel. I know it's bezel up which is also not my preference but I think for the rotary it is best because it does not interfere with rotary operation like a bezel down clip would.

I have a spare Moddoo I got for the HA NAT vaporware light, so I could try that if I get annoyed with the others. I used to do that with a Twisty years ago since those had no clip options either.

I don't like any of the clip options, I'm used to clipless now lol.

That's like not wearing underwear for me... flashlight flopping around in my pocket... no thanks. 🤣🤣

nbp

Flashaholic
Workday EDC dump on the tailgate of my Ram. Also, I put the deep carry uni clip on the Silvertail. I think this will stay on here for a while. It works well. My orange Rotary with pumpkin spice reflector sits in a valet tray on my nightstand so it can't roll away anyways and doesn't often get clipped in a pocket.

4ZpX8EZ.jpg
[/IMG]

zhLFQyh.jpg
[/IMG]

Jeffg0330

Newly Enlightened
Programming question, I think I know the answer but want to be sure. The only way to push/hold from off to max on my rotary is true momentary? unless pseudo is set and I'm already dialed up to max?

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have preset A set to max then you can click once and then hold for momentary max.

Status
Not open for further replies.