HDS Systems EDC #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened
Nice seeing Henry using the High Noon so much, such an amazing emitter. I have three HDS with the high noon emitter and I love them. My titanium is my daily carry since I got it.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
The High noon LED is the best as there are the least artifacts from the light (above 135 lumens) compared to all the high CRI emitters. The best of the best.

I do like the XPG3 for outdoors and the 219b 4,000K R9050 for the indoors.

Last edited:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well there is Samsung351D 5000K 90CRI...
@0.75A deliver over 300lm and no tint shift or artifacts in the beam, not 5700K but i haven't noticed big difference between 219C 5700K and 351D 5000K (i'm not professional either)

Last edited:

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has all been reported elsewhere, back in the history of these HDS threads, but since it came up again -- I put a Samsung LH351D into one of my HDSs. 5000k, 90+CRI, 360 measured lumens OTF (homemade integrating sphere, but calibrated using good tested reference lights). Its a bit greenish if you're used to rosy 219b's but not bad at all, very consistent across the beam at least. Its FAT though, super broad beam. Probably a better replacement for the floody 325 XP-L offerings but not a bad choice in my opinion.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eeehaaa...seing Mark's mod i made mine.
That's correct, beefy beam is similar to XPL but the color/tint reminds me of HN.
Better than XPL anyhow IMO

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has all been reported elsewhere, back in the history of these HDS threads, but since it came up again -- I put a Samsung LH351D into one of my HDSs. 5000k, 90+CRI, 360 measured lumens OTF (homemade integrating sphere, but calibrated using good tested reference lights). Its a bit greenish if you're used to rosy 219b's but not bad at all, very consistent across the beam at least. Its FAT though, super broad beam. Probably a better replacement for the floody 325 XP-L offerings but not a bad choice in my opinion.

Give us beamshots please, please :)

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Give us beamshots please, please :)

I've got a few. Here's a general idea of the beam shape:
0V5cWS0.jpg

..and here's a whitewall shot from several feet away.
l7pCxkG.jpg

...one more, this is a comparison between the 5000k LH351D and the classic HCri 200, which was a 4000k 219b.
yskF17A.jpg

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll have to check the footprint.

We were looking at this last Monday for... well, not a good replacement but the BEST replacement. It will take some engineering, some changes in the electronics, and some Schneiker voodoo... and time. Probably a Henry "2 weeks".

Until then if someone has to have a NB35, NB40, NB45, or NC57 emitter, they will just have to have it in the 10 Year Rotary/Executive Anniversary beryllium copper light. After all, Arizona is "the copper state".

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll have to check the footprint.

We were looking this last Monday for... well, not a good replacement but the BEST replacement. It will take some engineering, some changes in the electronics, and some Schneiker voodoo... and time. Probably a Henry "2 weeks".

Until then if someone has to have a NB35, NB40, NB45, or NC57 emitter, they will just have to have it in the 10 Year Rotary/Executive Anniversary beryllium copper light. After all, Arizona is "the copper state".

Kinda got the feeling I may well miss out on this one [emoji20]

And Hogo, why aren't you and Henry celebrating or out at the lake? My excuse is nobody over here even know what the 4th of July is for us... they think it's to do with the Indians 🤔

Last edited:

JKolmo

Enlightened
Ohhh so you will hold the 7 remaining nc57s for the copper state anniversary run then? Think I will need to practice my paypal finger skills once again!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ohhh so you will hold the 7 remaining nc57s for the copper state anniversary run then? Think I will need to practice my paypal finger skills once again!

No, those are up for any light. I pulled some of the remaining and left the 7 available for standard lights.
We have a small stash of NB35, NB40, NB45, and NC57 that I put away for the Natural HA run (that is a tiny run... like way tiny) and the anniversary run.

JKolmo

Enlightened
OK great, thanks! Now I know what will occupy my dreams for the near future[emoji106]

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I never cease to be amazed by HDS and curious. Hogo, Henry,
Just took a 325 NLT rotary tail off to check which battery I had in it. INR AW 550 mah 16340... went to put it back together and before battery contact a small orange spark shot across from the tail to the head. I can't duplicate it but wondering is that a possible issue. The tail is an older tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.