HDS Systems EDC #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarobi

Enlightened
Well said. Prep might be even more time consuming for DLC. Any state or blemish in the substrate shows. I qualify thus statement not knowing the amount of prep required for ano, and having personally applied Cerakote.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo (aka "buzzkill") here...

Remember the cancerous bezels? Those bezels that got all spotty and horrible looking? DLC. Yep. Won't be doing that to lights.

XPL Hi... asked Henry about them again today. He said they were 10% less efficient than the XPG3 and would not have a noticeable impact on throw compared to the XPG3.

Buzzkill out...

jarobi

Enlightened
I'd say a Yuengling emoji. Share a cold one with decision makers. "No," aka Vitamin N, is an important part of life.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
XPL Hi... asked Henry about them again today. He said they were 10% less efficient than the XPG3 and would not have a noticeable impact on throw compared to the XPG3.

Buzzkill out...

Thanks for trying! I carry the XPG3 NLT everyday but I added DC-fix to make for a beautiful beam. I was hoping the XPL Hi would work out making for a nice beam without the DC-fix and a couple of extra lumens as well.

Mind you the beam on the NLT isn't bad- I just blended the hotspot and corona together for a bigger hotspot but that cuts throw and lumens a bit.

Stoneking

Enlightened
Hogo (aka "buzzkill")...
Any chance the white diffuse reflectors will make a return in the near future?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo (aka "buzzkill")...
Any chance the white diffuse reflectors will make a return in the near future?

Damn. Hate to be the bearer of bad news all the time. Nope. No white diffuse reflectors expected for at least a Henry 2 years... means I'll be dead and buried (if they find the body) by that time. It could change, but most likely the only diffuse reflectors to come in the future will be more of the GITD ones... which are such a pain to make, but I never got one for myself! One would think I would have some "pull" at HDS...

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
But we need some new cool limited LEDs.

The High Noon is sold out, only the NLT and currently the NB40 is available. Therefore I say, we need more cool limited LEDS :cool:. I guess I am not the only one that really likes this limited LED selections. Basically I like them all (a few much more, a few a little bit less).
I hope there will be a few more cool LED selections soon in the future. Currently I do not know what HDS light I get to X-Mas :eek:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Luminus SST-20 4000k would certainly be nice

Kaidomain seems to have some stock of different types of Luminus emitters. Do not know much about these but some tests on BLF suggests they may be small die emitters like the Golden Dragon in the RaClicky but with high CRI. I could be totally wrong here.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Luminus SST-20 4000k would certainly be nice

You mean an SST-20 with perhaps a bin code of W40H-A120-J5402 which is actually the best bin code there is for that emitter even though the manufacturer lists better bin codes which don't really exist?

I think that would be pretty sweet... :whistle:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like I am going add another HDS light to my collection soon...

Is it true that the Luminus LED is physically smaller in size than the Nichia 219B LED's.

Last edited:

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened
Kaidomain seems to have some stock of different types of Luminus emitters. Do not know much about these but some tests on BLF suggests they may be small die emitters like the Golden Dragon in the RaClicky but with high CRI. I could be totally wrong here.

You are right, I think they are similar in that way, at least characteristic wise, as they have good throw and they have high cri, which is a plus.

You mean an SST-20 with perhaps a bin code of W40H-A120-J5402 which is actually the best bin code there is for that emitter even though the manufacturer lists better bin codes which don't really exist?

I am pretty happy with my high noon and I can't complain, but with the sst-20, I think it may throw even farther than a xpg-3 or xpl-hi, at least the 5000k and 6000k version, the 4000k is high cri.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast

You might even sell another HDS to me if that's the case.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might even sell another HDS to me if that's the case.

Start saving. You have a couple months.

There is something new (everything old is new again) on all the HDS lights that are going out now as well… And were on every light we shipped yesterday… Which is quite a few lights. Now a standard feature again on HDS lights... you will just have to wait to figure it out until some people start posting it... because I am an evil evil man.

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened
Start saving. You have a couple months.

There is something new (everything old is new again) on all the HDS lights that are going out now as well… And were on every light we shipped yesterday… Which is quite a few lights. Now a standard feature again on HDS lights... you will just have to wait to figure it out until some people start posting it... because I am an evil evil man.

What? A new easter egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.