HDS Systems EDC flashlights (#12)

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
[Continued from thread #11]

All,

This thread is to discuss the technical aspects of the HDS Systems EDC flashlights. That includes such topics as the user interface, beam pattern, differences between models, runtime, features, survivability and such. Please stay on topic.

There are many historic threads with a lot of detailed information - use the search function.

Henry.

Last edited:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: HDS Systems EDC flashlights

Perhaps add a thread number? Just to make it easier to distinguish from the old thread when searching...

wantsusa

Newly Enlightened
Re: HDS Systems EDC flashlights

hmm maybe a link to the thread #11 as well.

looking forward to seeing what the new lights are going to be like hopefully soon =)

iacchus

Enlightened
Woohoo. #12!

As an aside,I was showing an EMT friend of mine the high CRI yesterday. He was very impressed with how well it rendered skin color, its robustness, and general awesomeness.

Henry, I know you are busy, but you may be getting another custom CRI order soon. I wasn't about to give up mine.

Oh, and good to see you posting a little bit again. You scare us when you go away for so long.:poke:

nbp

Flashaholic
Posted by Beach Honda:

can anyone confirm or deny for me the ability to use a moddoo clip in the bezel down config on a Ti clicky w\ upgraded switch?

thanks

Why don't you just back the tailcap off the thickness of the clip and see if it still turns on?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Henry,

Heard of a cerakote run coming up soon. Would there be any chance of it being produced with the improved UI? You know, the one where we could choose to turn off the burst mode as discussed in the thread you started earlier?

guardpost3

Enlightened
As an aside,I was showing an EMT friend of mine the high CRI yesterday. He was very impressed with how well it rendered skin color, its robustness, and general awesomeness.

Henry, I know you are busy, but you may be getting another custom CRI order soon. I wasn't about to give up mine.

My brother was up to visit last week and he is a medic, I had been telling him about the HDS clickys, and he was not convinced till he got them in his hand and saw the beam from the High CRI clicky. He promptly handed me a wad of cash and told me to get my own cuz this one didnt belong to me anymore. So now I am back to just my 170. I think it is getting a little lonely, you know I cant just have one...

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
My brother was up to visit last week and he is a medic, I had been telling him about the HDS clickys, and he was not convinced till he got them in his hand and saw the beam from the High CRI clicky. He promptly handed me a wad of cash and told me to get my own cuz this one didnt belong to me anymore. So now I am back to just my 170. I think it is getting a little lonely, you know I cant just have one...

.....you would have to pry the high CRI from my cold, lifeless hands :devil:

guardpost3

Enlightened

This is how I feel about my 170, As awesome as the high CRI is (especially outdoors), I have just never liked the warmer tinted lights as much. That and I love throw, which the 170 does really well for its size. There would have been a brawl if it was the 170 he was holding.

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
This is how I feel about my 170, As awesome as the high CRI is (especially outdoors), I have just never liked the warmer tinted lights as much. That and I love throw, which the 170 does really well for its size. There would have been a brawl if it was the 170 he was holding.

Actually, I feel that way about all my Clickies !!! They're all mine !! And YES, I need all four of 'em !!!! :scowl:

The only reason I got rid of my first 170 custom was as a partial trade for the Ti !!! And even then it was extremely difficult to let go.......:mecry:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only regret getting rid of one HDS light and that was the 85TR Twisty. :( Though I had my tender little heart set on an XM-18 at the time (own 2 of those now). For you guys that like throw I'm hear to tell ya that 85TR probably out threw my 170, it was that badass! The 2 Clickies I own now (170 and modded 120) will never leave my side. I am hoping too that one day a 1AA clicky or a good headlamp will be a realization from HDS!

jcalvert

Enlightened

Good one Charleton.

Since this thread is dedicated to the technical aspects of the HDS Clicky and since you were so helpful to me in describing those aspects, perhaps you wouldn't mind posting the same for other newbies with similar curiosity of what makes this product line so special.

Happy Halloween! :devil:

John

njet212

Enlightened
is there any instructional video i could find on youtube for programming HDS EDC ? just got HDS EDC Hi-CRI from pass around, but i can't make customize mode enable. I have read the manual carefully but it seems does not works for me.

Last edited:

scottaw

Enlightened
Just got my 1st hds. Amazing.

After 3 years of edcing a nt120p, this was a simple choice for an upgrade.

Programming was super easy, basically the same setup I've been using, still adjusting the brightness levels.

It's a T, so I'm getting used to the new beam, but the tint is great, little yellower, but I think ill like that.

The black altin bezel is the sweetest coating ever, can I have a full light like that? The all blacked out now is cool enough, Johnny Cash style.

And finally, I even got a cool sn. 15151.

Overall, a definate winner in my book. Thanks Henry for knocking it out of the park again.

bodhran

Enlightened
I just ordered the high CRI the other day. My first HDS flashlight. As a medic, I'm looking foreward to seeing how this light does. I also have no choice but to join my wife and freinds on some of their Geo Cache hunts. Still have not figured out why this is supposed to be fun, but at least it gives me an excuse to play with my flashlights.