HDS Systems Headlamps #1

moltenmag

Enlightened
Used to be reality, just like me going to night club :D

Haha would love to hear an update on what's happening. I kept looking on YouTube for another video with more info on it... sadly nothing else was posted [emoji17]

moltenmag

Enlightened
Had lunch with Henry and among lots of other things, we talked a lot about the headlamp. He had the networking prototype and his original Rotary with him.

Great guy to talk to, incredibly intelligent and I still love that he's the one that gave us the Clicky and the Rotary UI.

The battery will be removable, but will be a single 18650 in the back of the headband.
Yeah, exactly. Then when he started getting all the feedback, he did what he always does and went back to the drawing board to see how he could answer as many concerns as possible, and still makes the light he wanted to do in the first place.

Kaichu Dento... do you know anymore info on the headlamp? Have any more lunches with Henry?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Kaichu Dento... do you know anymore info on the headlamp? Have any more lunches with Henry?
Henry and Hogo are the only two who really know what's going on with the headlamp. It's been a year and a half since I saw the prototype and Henry wanted to make some notable changes to it, but was hopeful of having one ready to go before long. When I saw him earlier this year it had been pushed back and I don't remember talking about it very much.
Hogo is going to be the one to talk to about how the headlamp project looks but it will be worth the wait when it finally does arrive and the good thing is that many things have started happening lately at H&H lights.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, they are not selling the diffused reflector anymore... that be 1/2 of the prototype headlamp.

Shameless plug. I am looking for one. [emoji12]

moltenmag

Enlightened
Henry and Hogo are the only two who really know what's going on with the headlamp. It's been a year and a half since I saw the prototype and Henry wanted to make some notable changes to it, but was hopeful of having one ready to go before long. When I saw him earlier this year it had been pushed back and I don't remember talking about it very much.
Hogo is going to be the one to talk to about how the headlamp project looks but it will be worth the wait when it finally does arrive and the good thing is that many things have started happening lately at H&H lights.

Got it. Hey kaichu since Hogo is back doing passarounds with the rotary... what would you think if Hogo did a pass around with the headlamp prototype? Just to get feedback or something... Personally, I think it would be a great idea to build interest and anticipation as the headlamp launch approaches... just like he did with the ti rotary

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
There may not even be a working prototype. The one at the shotshow was a nonfunctional display.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, they are not selling the diffused reflector anymore... that be 1/2 of the prototype headlamp.

Shameless plug. I am looking for one. [emoji12]

It's on my list.

Got it. Hey kaichu since Hogo is back doing passarounds with the rotary... what would you think if Hogo did a pass around with the headlamp prototype? Just to get feedback or something... Personally, I think it would be a great idea to build interest and anticipation as the headlamp launch approaches... just like he did with the ti rotary

There is no prototype and Henry would most likely not agree to a pass around with one if there was. That fugly thing in his hand in the video has hopefully been crushed, buried in thermite, set aflame and the ashes scattered to the wind.

Still would be interesting to get to hold though. How many years out do you think it is?

I had tried to make Henry hide that thing under the table. We had long discussions about THAT monstrosity of a headlamp. Simply awful.

We have every intention of getting back to HDS caving roots and getting a headlamp out. It is going to take some time. Before it can happen, a few other things need to get taken care of. I'm hoping late next year, but nothing moves fast at HDS...

moltenmag

Enlightened
It's on my list.

Sounds good. I would definitely be on board for one [emoji106]

There is no prototype and Henry would most likely not agree to a pass around with one if there was. That fugly thing in his hand in the video has hopefully been crushed, buried in thermite, set aflame and the ashes scattered to the wind.

Yeah I thought the design looked very brutal in the YouTube video I saw... but I was willing to give it a chance because well you know... it's HDS

I had tried to make Henry hide that thing under the table. We had long discussions about THAT monstrosity of a headlamp. Simply awful.

We have every intention of getting back to HDS caving roots and getting a headlamp out. It is going to take some time. Before it can happen, a few other things need to get taken care of. I'm hoping late next year, but nothing moves fast at HDS...

Lol every design has its stages... especially prototypes. Good to hear that your getting back to your roots. With the crazy news about those kids from Thailand and their soccer coach getting trapped in that cave for 10 days... (they were all rescued btw [emoji3]), one could wonder what it would've been like if they had an HDS headlamp...

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the crazy news about those kids from Thailand and their soccer coach getting trapped in that cave for 10 days... (they were all rescued btw [emoji3]), one could wonder what it would've been like if they had an HDS headlamp...
They would have asked the rescuers to leave food, then let them continue playing with their lights in the proper darkness !

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
The prototype was rather an ungainly thing. Still, I'd be interested in a pure bred HDS headlamp. In the mean time, does anyone have an efficient means of using the HDS as a headlamp? Preferably one that does not involve clipping it the bill of a hat?

moltenmag

Enlightened
The prototype was rather an ungainly thing. Still, I'd be interested in a pure bred HDS headlamp. In the mean time, does anyone have an efficient means of using the HDS as a headlamp? Preferably one that does not involve clipping it the bill of a hat?

I've heard of using a string or rubber band to attach it to the brim of a hat. Or putting a clip underneath the bezel and clip it to the brim of the hat... don't tell Hogo that I suggested that...

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The idea I had of modifying the current bezel design could incorporate a mont for attaching to a head band. Sort of.