HDS Systems Poll: HDS Headlamp or HDS Keychain?

HDS Headlamp or HDS Keychain?

• HDS Headlamp

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • HDS Keychain

Votes: 35 52.2%

• Total voters

moltenmag

Enlightened
Some type of attachment for hard hat use would be a HUGE bonus. Cavers wear hard hats..................maybe an option:whistle:

You should post your suggestion in the HDS Systems EDC: Suggestions thread and I will update the Suggestion list.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not going to vote on this one.

A keychain light is cool but i hate things on my keychain.

I do need a good headlamp, always been interested in the zebras but never pulled the trigger.

But if HDS is making it, ill probably buy both just because

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
I voted headlamp. I'm a little concerned about weight and comfort though. A headlamp built to HDS's rugged standards could wind up being significantly heavier than the plastic ones already on the market. The strap has to be comfortable too. Leather sounds awful to me (I do love leather in general). We replace batteries all the time when they wear out, so replacing a comfortable elastic headband should be no big deal.

SleepyInTheSun

Newly Enlightened
Darn it! I'll call Henry. Back to the drawing board.
Now, don't tell anyone, but I really like the Olight S-mini... in titanium, of course. Do you think that size is too big even if it can use a CR123?

I like the Olight S-mini as well, and it serves the role of decent light that doesn't hurt as much if I loose it. However, I find it an awkward size in that it's light enough that it doesn't fall to the bottom of my pocket but tends to float in amongst the other stuff in there. It's also large enough diameter that it doesn't feel quite right on keychain. I think an HDS light that size with the convenience of battery type would be an excellent addition in a heavier material (like copper ;-) ).

Nichia!

Banned
Both! 1 for Keychain and 1 for the head but I think an angel head headlamp like Zebralight will be more useful.

Keychain aaa or rcr123 like s1mini copper and Titanium is more than welcome

dual fuel Headlamp tube for cr123 and one for 18650..

mega_lumens

Enlightened
I would love a rotary UI headlamp but I don't like getting my hopes up from HDS as new ideas and products take decades to become reality like it's USSR. :)

moltenmag

Enlightened
Who's going to break the tie? It's currently 21 votes for Headlamp and 21 votes for Keychain... Hmmmm

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I just realized I hadn't voted yet. I voted for keychain light. First an I'm no expert here. I don't even play one on tv. But my thinking is a keychain light a twisty of course will be FAR easier to design build and sell. And it's something that everyone will use not just a few that are into headlights.ok to be fair I'm sure it's more then a few but you know what I mean.second and this is the big one Henry "god bless him" will not produce a product until he is dam sure ready that it's ready.so unless he has been secretly working on a headlight I can't see one of them coming out anytime soon. I vote keychain. It's the quickest way to get a new HDS product.and my arc just died 😭😭

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
fwiw, a keychain light works as a HatLamp IF it has a bezel up pocket clip

my arc just died 😭😭

sad, but an excuse to buy another light

The McGizmo Sapphire is based on the Arc AAA flashlight.

the light is Titanium, the Lens is Sapphire, and the LED is High CRI (choice of warm or cool):

The original Sapphire uses a converter I purchased from Arc Flashlights driving a Nichia 3 mm DS LED. The Sapphire 25 uses a constant current driver designed and manufactured for me
Sapphire-25-Run-Duracell.jpg

I left the test run overnight having started it at about 10 AM and the next day, 22 hours later, the LED was still lit but at about .2 lumens or so. The important consideration was that the converter did not shut off but allowed the LED to carry on as best it could.

Here is a less expensive model that is in development, still with choice of warm or cool High CRI, PLUS it works as a HatLamp too, since the pocket clip is reversible to bezel up. There is a tritium slot too!
djozz said:

pics link to original image sources

Last edited:

moltenmag

Enlightened
I think I'm still broke

Haha yeah they've been pumping out the pre orders for sure... I'm just ready for the "holy grail" HDS keychain light. Plight and Nitecore are releasing some pretty interesting keychain lights these days...

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did hogo ever say when we might be able to expect these? I don't really need one but i probably couldn't pass 1-2 up either.

What would be the emitter choice, or are we going to have different ones we could choose as we do with current hds light???

That would open a can of worms and ensure a lot of sales

GoVegan

Enlightened
I voted keychain without a doubt. I really need a HDS keychain light that would be worthy to be called a backup to my primary EDC flashlight, my HDS EDC Excutive 250. Currently have a Fenix E01 or a Photon Microlight II for this role.
Besides the headlamp that Henry previewed a couple of years ago was ridiculous, if anyone needs a HDS headlamp, IMO Henry would be better off producing a HDS branded head-strap for use with the HDS EDC lights.