HDS Systems Poll: If you could only keep 1 HDS Light which one would it be?

bigfoot

Enlightened
Definitely the Rotary 4K High CRI w/raised button. Probably my fav. light. :thumbsup:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
uhhhh....wR9050 rather than 219c? I don't what all you have:p

I'm still in a toss up between R9050 and R9080 sw45, both are great and i don't think I prefer one over the other

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if my eyes are jacked up today but the SW45 isn't looking so hot(probably cause my current ambient light is fairly warm). The 4000k 219b r9050 never fails me though, so it is my current #1 favorite for most uses. I know there has been an instance of verifying bands on resistors in which it failed me and 3 o'clock/ high noon were better for that task. SW45 might be good for that particular task as well.

luckily we don't have to have just one.

Sos24

Enlightened
Rotary - I love the UI
3 o'clock high emitter - HCRI with excellent neutral tint
flush button - tail stand capability is nice
123 body - I think CR123 are great size and capacity balance

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little challenge for you Minimalist EDC'ers. If you could only keep one HDS Flashlight (and one battery source), which one would it be?

that I actually have:

*Novatac Gold Storm,

programmed to
A max
B min
C 20 lumen
D Strobe
memory On
timer On
LED: N219b 4500k 9080
Battery: Protected Olight 16340 w built in Mini USB charging port

my dream version would be a Copper Rotary with all the same settings, except B would be Rotary, and it would have the new elf driving

* Note: I dont mean to be snarky, please take the following comments as friendly fire (that's a joke), food for thought, or European Levantine Hybrid Humor, no offense intended to anyone that does not think its funny... please humor me:

Proposal for Novatac Inclusion for full Membership in the HDS Family Geneological Tree

Because:
imho Novatac is The Red Headed Step-Child of TGFFS family (aka HDS for short), I hereby nominate the Novatac Generation, for full inclusion in the Family, with all the rights, respect and responsibilities appurtenant to such membership. Including but not limited to, reliability, durabillity, utility, and useability.

to wit
1. Novatac were Designed by The Great Founding Father Schneiker (henceforth TGFFS). the same Founder that Designed all other Generations of HDS lights.

2. Novatac speak the same language as other HDS, using the same programmable clicky UI that the remaining members of the HDS Family answer to. This is true for all the Generations, both prior to and subsequent to the Novatac Generation.

3. The Design is Seminal to inclusion in the family, irrespective of the quality of the soil the seed is planted in, if the light of the holy spirit shines Reliably within, among the Descendants of TGFFS, then they deserves full membership in the Family.

Subject to:
Membership of any and all HDS designs will henceforth be Rescinded, and Beneficiaries of TGFFS Designs will be Banned, Excluded, Eliminated, Recycled, or OtherWise dispossesed;
If, and only if, they FAIL to express the TGFFS Family trait of Reliability. Any UnReliable offspring will not be allowed in circulation, and will be returned to TGFFS for proper Repair or Replacement.

Therefore, I propose
Henceforth all members of the HDS gene pool, even those illegitimate children that were not built under TGFFS's critical eye, be granted the opportunity to participate as peers in the family, notwithstanding differences in Maximum Brightness, Version of UI, CRI, Tint, CCT, Reflector type, Clip Type, Battery Run Time, Length of Color of Bezel, type of Knurling, Anodising, Nor Geographic Origin or reputed metallurgical quality of the assembly. HDS does not come from a Place, it comes from a Phylosophy and State of mind.

The one DisQualifying Condition that will be cause for Exclusion, Expulsion, Ostracism, and Removal from the family is UnReliability. Unreliability is a trait that must be diligently eliminated from the HDS gene pool.

Let us Pray for Unity for our Fully Functional Family
Shine Long and Prosper

Written this day, in the Old Territory of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, by a Nice Jewish Boy from Andalucia, with a rather uncommon, if not impertinent sense of humor.. LOL!

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

GoVegan

Enlightened
Well that would be simple as I only own one, lol.

HDS EDC Executive 250 (no clip, as I prefer to pocket it standing next to my wallet in front left pocket). Personally I'm not really into custom lights or High CRI LEDs.

I plan to order one more (same model) for spare although I'll probably wait until the emitters get upgraded for better efficiency, then keep my current one for spare. Just hoping Henry doesn't pass away soon, or that he at least has a business continuity plan in place.

Last edited:

Lungbarrow

Newly Enlightened
But I'll go first. My U60XRGT. yep not super bright by today's standards but plenty enough to live with and super long low runtime .way longer then the new models. Primary 123's all the way

THIS. Though mine is neither GT or XR. But it was modded with a Seoul P4 long ago by Milkyspit. I have no idea it's actual lumens anymore but it's great.

Latest posts