HDS Systems Poll: Team Flush or Team Raised?

Team Flush or Team Raised?

• Team Flush

Votes: 51 72.9%
  • Team Raised

Votes: 19 27.1%

• Total voters

Sos24

Enlightened
Thos is tough.
I really like the tail stand ability and the lower likelihood of accidentally turning on in the pocket of the flush, but the tactile feel of the raised button is so nice.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
"You are not your f**king khakis"

-Team Raised

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise but the raised button has a fatal flaw like the Death Star. In normal use, probably 10% of my attempts to turn the light on result in...nothing. No light. Is it user error? Absolutely! I tend to use the tip of my thumb rather than the pad, which means I don't always put pressure on the exact center of the button. But you have to push the exact center of the button to get light. The flush button is more tolerant of my button pressing idiosyncrasies. Before anyone screams to loudly, I've already claimed responsibility for the failure. The raised button and I are having a break up and I'm saying, "it's not you, it's me!"

--Team Flush

moltenmag

Enlightened
"You are not your f**king khakis"

-Team Raised

2lc04y1.jpg

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like a good place to ask, but how many other flashlights do you get to choose this feature (flush or raised)?

moltenmag

Enlightened
Seems like a good place to ask, but how many other flashlights do you get to choose this feature (flush or raised)?

I can't think of any. I thought Elzetta had that option in their custom build section but they only have raised tailcaps with different functions. Malkoff only has recessed buttons. Surefire only has raised tailcaps with different functions. Olight has different models with different buttons... but you don't get to choose what button on what model. Point is... I can't think of any other companies that have that option. Could be wrong though...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't follow all the Chinese lights anymore... I just have zero interest in them. I like Malkoff and Elzetta (both class acts and great people), and I knew they didn't. I just didn't know if any other manufacturer offered it as an option.

moltenmag

Enlightened
I don't follow all the Chinese lights anymore... I just have zero interest in them. I like Malkoff and Elzetta (both class acts and great people), and I knew they didn't. I just didn't know if any other manufacturer offered it as an option.

I doubt it. Most manufacturer's look for the budget/cheapest option while HDS looks for the smartest/best option.

doctordun

Enlightened
My Surefires are raised buttons. Easier to push when wearing gloves. That is what sold me on raised.
I discovered HDS and never looked back. Raised for me. It seems my old hands find it easier to push them and I use Hogo holsters to keep the light from getting dinged up in my pocket. I carry way too much stuff like an extra mag for my carry weapon and a knife and keys and I could go on.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Surefires are raised buttons. Easier to push when wearing gloves. That is what sold me on raised.
I discovered HDS and never looked back. Raised for me. It seems my old hands find it easier to push them and I use Hogo holsters to keep the light from getting dinged up in my pocket. I carry way too much stuff like an extra mag for my carry weapon and a knife and keys and I could go on.

You are like me. My keychain has 1 key, and a ton of other "stuff" on it. My belt... one would think I was still working my "silly job". I make Batman look unprepared.
I was going to ask before when you mentioned the Sig you were waiting for... P365?

doctordun

Enlightened
Yep...got my Sig P365...it is awesome in every way. Carry, hitting what I shoot at, 13 rounds in a very small package. My current CCW and most favorite.
Ranks up there with my HDS's, which is a high standard.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep...got my Sig P365...it is awesome in every way. Carry, hitting what I shoot at, 13 rounds in a very small package. My current CCW and most favorite.
Ranks up there with my HDS's, which is a high standard.

I thought that might be the Roscoe when I heard "Sig" and "Wait". LOL! Just played with one the other day. I now need one but some leather stamps and a burnisher are currently in my future so I will have to wait a bit. Very nice choice of shootin' iron!

moltenmag

Enlightened
And khakis. Ugh.

The flush button crowd is probably still in cubicles while the raised button folks are out surfing and skydiving.

Has anyone else noticed the difference between the rotary buttons and Clicky buttons? I like the feel and sound of my Clicky buttons much more to be honest...

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone else noticed the difference between the rotary buttons and Clicky buttons? I like the feel and sound of my Clicky buttons much more to be honest...

I know of two variations of the raised buttons.
d1f87be31fe78f501057fa68c50966c7.jpg

0f22ea15313dd7debe5f1913520c1b6c.jpg

28322a47e446086b97ffe2a1009762a5.jpg

The one on the left is squishier and the right is much stiffer. The give on the squishy one makes it less susceptible to accidental activation. The stiffer button I THINK is newer, but I've received the squishy one on a light and the stiffer ones as extras when I added them on the same order.

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
A thoughtful friend sent me the non-squishy raised button for my clicky. It's helped me to appreciate the raised button much more. I currentlyhave one complete executive plus one spare clicky battery tube, both of which were purchased recently and both have the squishy version.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
The stiff version didn't leave much room for the white disc when I first installed it (it was originally a flat boot w/ disc). It fit, but I found it was activated too easily. So I ran it without the disc. After a few months of normal use, I started getting missed clicks. I performed the usual cleaning of the threads and contact points, but the issue persisted. Then I noticed the peg inside the boot was wearing at an angle. I shaved off a bit to make it flat again and installed the white disc. I haven't had an issues since.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a while back, Dan said that there was not a white disc in the Rotaries, only the Ckickies. So that would explain the difference.
P