Hello? FourSevens Are You Out There?

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Settlement with Surefire!?!?? I have many Surefires. I don't know if I'm going to buy any more Surefires in this case. This puts a very bad light on Surefire.

Pfui, Surefire! Nei aberau!! Söihönd! Tommi Schiisgegle! Gönd hei!! Er stenked!!!

BillSWPA

Enlightened
I did not see how long the light must be left on or off in order to stay in the current mode during intermittent use. That is a really important piece of information for evaluating the usefulness of these lights. If I can't very briefly illuminate an area, move, and then quickly illuminate another area without switching modes unintentionally, then having more than one mode is more of a liability than an asset.

pomah

Newly Enlightened
Sadly not what I have hopped for, I do use my light in low and "turbo" atm, so that is fine by me, but the way you change modes is not for me, to allways know what mode your light will go on in is a must and also to be ablet to choose, my qt2l-x atm is exact that, turbo with head tight and low with head lose.

I understand why you had to do it, but I hope you will come back with something else than this to the quarks, I really love the size, function and reliability on these lights.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
Not so great news for 'tactical' series users who liked to reprogram for different situations/environments. But maybe good news for 'pro' series users who wished to remove the blinky modes or moonlight, wished for a high-med-low order, etc

It would be nice to be able to choose a different battery tube when ordering. Presuming the threading is the same as previous quarks, and legoing is still possible with the parts we already have?

BillSWPA

Enlightened
I carried one Surefire or another for a 15 year period. What caused me to switch away from them is that the last two Surefires I purchased had user interfaces that did not ensure that I would be in high when I needed high. The previous Quarks always give me 100% certainty of which mode the light is in.

The type of mode switching used by the new Quarks can work, but the mechanism for switching needs to be the light having been left on for something less than 1 second. Malkoff's MDC Tactical uses a 0.7 second time, which strikes me as perfect. The 2 second time on my E2DL is way too long. Would someone from FourSevens please let us know the switching criteria used by these lights?

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Settlement with Surefire!?!?? I have many Surefires. I don't know if I'm going to buy any more Surefires in this case. This puts a very bad light on Surefire.

Agreed.

Thank you so much, SureFire, for totally screwing over a small business.

I'm never buying another SureFire product, ever. No 123a batteries, nothing.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's the D25A2 from ET that might be better...

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won't deny a heaping helping of the Surefire hatred above myself. And I still don't see what changed that was in conflict with their products. I only understood the Maelstrom/U2 interface similarity.

On the positive side, the price is reasonable (if you like the default modes), and you get both switches in the package.

Of even more promise is that this board could be the ULTIMATE Pro interface, if you allow the user access to the customizing they are "offering" at a charge. Think of it, you can have any two brightnesses, in any order, or a L-M-H light, or H-M-L light, all five, ML thru Max? No problem. It will never quite fill the QT function, as tapping momentary light will change modes, and that is a no-no for many, but it would certainly be the grail of Pro interfaces. Easter egg... Easter Egg... EASTER Egg... EASTER EGG!

I fear, though, that they may need to hook up to contacts under the head and program the chip from an external computer. Now I would spend the $10 for the USB dongle to do that myself.

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
Of even more promise is that this board could be the ULTIMATE Pro interface, if you allow the user access to the customizing they are "offering" at a charge. Think of it, you can have any two brightnesses, in any order, or a L-M-H light, or H-M-L light, all five, ML thru Max? No problem. It will never quite fill the QT function, as tapping momentary light will change modes, and that is a no-no for many, but it would certainly be the grail of Pro interfaces. Easter egg... Easter Egg... EASTER Egg... EASTER EGG!

One thing that is very important to me about the Pro interface, however, is that I always know what mode it will turn on in. I picked up a Penlight on clearance and was very turned off by the mode memory. The option to have that feature disabled as part of the customization would help.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still no official announcement anywhere yet? Guess they weren't quite ready for prime-time??

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing that is very important to me about the Pro interface, however, is that I always know what mode it will turn on in. I picked up a Penlight on clearance and was very turned off by the mode memory. The option to have that feature disabled as part of the customization would help.

I also don't like mode memory on this type of interface. It reads like it will operate like the Pro interface and return to whatever is programmed as mode 1 after being off for two seconds.

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
I also don't like mode memory on this type of interface. It reads like it will operate like the Pro interface and return to whatever is programmed as mode 1 after being off for two seconds.
Unfortunately I don't believe this is true.
"The Quark Click also remembers the last output that was used and will always turn on starting with that output level."

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Quark Clic is a cripple sompared to the original Quark Tactical.

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
The Quark Clic is a cripple sompared to the original Quark Tactical.
Compared to the Tactical and to the Pro. Really, it's just a completely different animal but it seems like one whose full potential is not tapped. I think it would be a big improvement if the users could program it themselves and if the memory mode could be disabled. IMHO, of course. [emoji4]

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately I don't believe this is true.
"The Quark Click also remembers the last output that was used and will always turn on starting with that output level."

D'oh, right you are. Well, toggling that on/off is another switch we need in the user configurable interface! HDS has a toggle for that, not that this would challenge the level of customization of Henry's lights, but it should be possible.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Im very disappointed that the user has no way of changing the modes. The tactical UI was pretty easy to do, however I understand that some users may not know how to do it, then this should be an option that the foursevens team can provide to program it before shipping, however I will not be shipping a flashlight back to the warehouse to have it programed and then pay for a service charge. I'd probably never buy a quark again if I cant program it my self. I still got love for you guys, the ATOM AL is one of my favorites, im still waiting for a clicky light with the ATOM beam profile but yea..Thanks for listening.

( I do understand that this all stemmed from the Surefire agreement, and im sorry to hear that, and I haven't bought any surefire products since 2010)

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keeping my old Q-Pros.
I doubt I'll be adding to their stable though with new models I can't adjust beyond two levels sadly.