Help to find AAA Light / Help me choose the AAA keychain light. Merged.

mmace1

Enlightened
Re: Help to find AAA Light

As for time...buy your two favorites. 1xAAA usually are find on alkalines in general, so give the lesser light to a friend, who will presumably be rather impressed with its performance

KingPro500

Newly Enlightened

That last post made me realize i am going to buy more than 1. Much more. So i ordered the Fenix E05 And the Preon 1. :thumbsup:

I will continue to research and buy other Flashlights from this thread. Thanks

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

The univex aaa might tempt you. It's priced a little over your budget, but if you want custom titanium bling, you got to pay for it.
It's sold in the markedplace. Got the optic version and it has the same floody beam as my malkoff m30wlf. On all pictures it looks shiny, but it has a more matte finish. Just love mine, extremly grippy knurling. Fast shipping to Norway.

mmace1

Enlightened

>. So i ordered the Fenix E05 And the Preon 1

Well...wait then! Receive them and evaluate, then go wild!

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast

That last post made me realize i am going to buy more than 1. Much more. So i ordered the Fenix E05 And the Preon 1. :thumbsup:

I will continue to research and buy other Flashlights from this thread. Thanks

Uh oh! Yet another victim to the flashlight bug! Careful! It's very contagious, and VERY expensive, and there is no known cure!

KingPro500

Newly Enlightened

>. So i ordered the Fenix E05 And the Preon 1

Well...wait then! Receive them and evaluate, then go wild!

There is a real danger that is going to happen. lovecpf

Uh oh! Yet another victim to the flashlight bug! Careful! It's very contagious, and VERY expensive, and there is no known cure!

I am bitten, i have to admit. But there are worse things. This is the cheapest hobby by far. Some of my other interests are AV and cars. Actually i am saving a lot of money buying flashligts, and not buying a new reciever, projector and other things.

But wait, i need a new cordless mouse. Well, i am off to visit 2 local electronics stores and i have spent the last hour researching. See u later.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you guys know if neutral white Reon ReVo lights still available, or is 4sevens planning to make any more?

Unfortunately not. It is available only in limited run. 4Sevens might (I stress again, might) have a run of lights in high CRI XP-G but no one knows when and what it is going to be.

pobox1475

Enlightened

It's only 1-mode (sorry), but for AAA, I prefer the Fenix E05 to others. To me, it's brightness level/beam are about perfect for a 1xAAA light. It lacks throw but...if I wanted throw, why am I using a 1xAAA light? The upside is very good spill/~5m illumination. It's very comfortable for hiking at night, navigating a house at night/etc.

Since its circuit is simple (1-mode), it's also very efficient, which I prefer given the low capacity of a AAA cell. The only thing I'd prefer would be *one* lower level for reading, etc.

If not this, I'd probably vote he AAA Revo. I prefer the beam pattern of the E05 though (more spill). I feel like the Revo is *worse* at near illumination, even on high. It also has lower efficiency, but...is better at distance illumination by far. That said; if I wanted much distance, why am I using a 1xAAA? Seems kinda silly. If I actually needed throw very often, it seems I could suck it up and carry an extra *50* grams or so for a 1xAA light at least.

For everyday carry/everyday situations - I prefer the E05 for it's nice spill/efficiency. The efficiency comes at the cost of multiple levels (darn, and throw (don't care), though.
+100%. Gave my E01 to sister since she was lightless. Key ring feels empty now. Really looking forward to an E05. Smallest I have now is a polished Ti Mini AA neutral Quark. Usually a more powerful light is close by.

Last edited:

torpeau

Newly Enlightened

I really like my LiteFlux LF2 XT (I have two). I've been away from flashlights for many months and don't know if it's still around. It also takes a 10440 -- not sure a ReVo does.

nizdog

Newly Enlightened
Help me choose the AAA keychain light

Hi. This is my first thread. I am looking for keychain LED light and thinking of Peak Eiger QTC HA or Klarus MI 10 SS. I can not make my mind up.:confused: Thanks!

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Help me choose the AAA keychain light

I have the Mi10 aluminum and it is well built with good light output. I like the low level first, then medium, and high.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome to CPF!

There are a lot of threads about AAA keychain lights since lights of such size and utility really get used. Browse around and think about the features that are most important to you - there are plenty to choose from.

As for Peak's Eiger, if my beautiful, polished brass, lugged AAA/10440 Eiger and my wife were sinking in quicksand and I could rescue only one at a time...

Incidentalist

Enlightened

You won't go wrong with either of them.

What's more important to you, the infinite adjustment that the QTC allows or the looks/SS of the Klarus?

nizdog

Newly Enlightened

You won't go wrong with either of them.

What's more important to you, the infinite adjustment that the QTC allows or the looks/SS of the Klarus?

I am not a sophisticated user. I definetely would like something brighter than Arc AAA, durable and not overly complicated. This light is meant for travel and has to be small otherwise I would go for Ra EDC 120.

nizdog

Newly Enlightened

Welcome to CPF!

There are a lot of threads about AAA keychain lights since lights of such size and utility really get used. Browse around and think about the features that are most important to you - there are plenty to choose from.

As for Peak's Eiger, if my beautiful, polished brass, lugged AAA/10440 Eiger and my wife were sinking in quicksand and I could rescue only one at a time...

What combination would you choose in Eiger?

Schuey2002

Enlightened

Welcome to CPF!

LOL!

I hope your wife never sees that.. :D

Latest posts