Highest CRI Penlight

Prepped

Enlightened
What is the highest CRI penlight currently available, whether it be from a traditional vendor or custom made?

Cheers.

Prepped

Enlightened
I've been keeping an eye out for a Preon 2 with a nichia emitter for a while, to no avail, sadly.
I can't believe there aren't more options for a high CRI penlight. I know that lumens sell and manufacturers tend to cater to the market at large, but come on...

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Terralux claims it's Lightstar 80 is a 'higher CRI' light. I would rate it at about an 80 or 85. It is a two AAA light putting out around 65-70 lumens with a decent run time. Battery Junction sells them for about $20 in several colors. I have several and they are very useful.

Prepped

Enlightened
Terralux claims it's Lightstar 80 is a 'higher CRI' light. I would rate it at about an 80 or 85. It is a two AAA light putting out around 65-70 lumens with a decent run time. Battery Junction sells them for about $20 in several colors. I have several and they are very useful.

Thank you. It's going in a first aid kit, so I don't need anything excessively bright.

jhp762

Newly Enlightened
Man, I wish you could get yourself a nichia preon. It really is my favorite edc light. I've even opened up a new thread in the foursevens sub-forum to hopefully drum up enough support to have another run made. In the mean time, check out this thread:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...5-Designing-an-LED-flashlight-for-Kickstarter

I'm thinking about jumping in on the kickstarter for this light, it seems to be well received so far but am waiting for the reviews to roll in. Although I do think it looks a bit chunkier than the preon, but a plus for that is it uses AA's.

Last edited:

Prepped

Enlightened
Man, I wish you could get yourself a nichia preon. It really is my favorite edc light. I've even opened up a new thread in the foursevens sub-forum to hopefully drum up enough support to have another run made. In the mean time, check out this thread:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...5-Designing-an-LED-flashlight-for-Kickstarter

I'm thinking about jumping in on the kickstarter for this light, it seems to be well received so far but am waiting for the reviews to roll in. Although I do think it looks a bit chunkier than the preon, but a plus for that is it uses AA's.

I've seen others rave about them. I've looked far and wide for one, but can't find one! If they did another run I'd be onboard.