Highest Lumen small light

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I don't think you can beat the Emisar D4 for sheer output. But, it's not very useful, IMO, due to how fast it overheats and steps down within seconds.

This is inherently part of the deal with the modern pocket rocket now that we have reached the confluence of LEDs capable of surviving multiple amps and high-rate li-ion cells capable of driving them at that rate. With the D4 in particular where there's a discernible difference in performance between the ~20A a Samsung 25R cell will deliver and the ~30A a Sony VTC5A will deliver. When you're dumping that kind of wattage into something so small, you're going to run up against physics.

The D4 might be spoke in terms of that impressive ~4000lm turbo, but I look at the D4 as a nominal <1000lm light that can sprint briefly to that ~4000lm. I find it's an ideal dog-walking light - mutts are on ~2m leashes so the light is mostly to watch where I'm walking, alert motorists to my presence, and locate their leavings for scooping; the turbo is there for "what's that?" moments or anything else where a few seconds of canned daylight is handy.

If sustained ~4000lm output is necessary then you need something far larger than the D4.

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use several lights on a boat, for extended periods when going down a channel or entering an anchorage, but I need something that fits in my pocket, the old 20,000 CP are bulky and use a cable to a cigarette lighter.
Wolfgang[/QUOTE]

I have used Aspheric lights like Jax when boating. You can really focus it to spot distant bouy.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is heavily modded.
Dale over on BLF modded his E07 to produce over 10,000 lumens.

The mods he did to it didn't sound that hard to do and sound fairly simple. While the mods he did are not quite beginner level, they are far from advanced. He did the following:

1. Emitter-swapped to LH351D
2. Removed the tailcap PCB and spring and replaced with solid copper sheet and a copper post.
3. Removed the star, chamfered the bottom edges and replaced it into position with a proper amount of thermal grease.

... and that's about it. Do those and your E07 should produce 10k lumens. If I were doing those mods to mine I figure the emitter swap would take 20 minutes, chamfering the bottom edges of the star would take 30 minutes, and replacing the tailcap PCB with copper shouldn't take more than 1 hour. Overall fairly straightforward mods. The hardest part would be waiting for the LH351D emitters to arrive.

banliang

Newly Enlightened
Lux-RC Minion is slighter larger than a 18350 battery and can output 2500 lumen.