His was bigger than mine :(

beyonder

Banned
i currently own many flashlights a rebel modded 1 watt 2 3d mags a 3c mag
an ultrafire c5 2 3 watt dorcy headlamps (quite bright) a maglte 2aa led made by mag not a mod a 1 watt dorcy a 2c mag incan and many more does this make me a flasholic?
there is always a light that someone comes up with that is brighter cause face it we BUY flaslights already made that are ALWAYS yesterdays technology you can only stay ahead by modding

and from what i see the mag is a PERFECT platform for first introducing a heat sink such as the o sink (or the equivalent) and thus being able to introduce many variables such as drivers and emitters! and that reflector ! orange peels are for wall hunters! so dont feel bad when your wall hunter orange peel falls short of a REAL reflector made for a FLASHLIGHT! orange peel sucks oh ive got ringy beams op = gay

beyonder

Banned
oh if i wasnt clear orange peel reflectors reflect your feminity in a very feminine way

but im ok with that

why dont you get kyle at de to make all his ultrafires op?

toe tapping op ers

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Ooooo.... Get you a Surefire 10x Dominator!

You can dominate him all night long! ...... Ah, that didn't quite come out right. :eek::grin2:

Knifemaster

Newly Enlightened
It was brighter in total and it had better through. The fenix did seem to have more of a "whiter" flood. First thing that came to my mind was that he modified it somehow but I checked and it seemed to be stock. What really surprised me is that he left it on for a while and it didn't drop in output which I was convinced that it would do.
I did mention that his is bigger and difficult to carry but ....he responded that his could be used as a club in an emergency .......I wanted to test that theory on his face :sick2::poke::poof:. Oh he also rubbed it in some more by demonstrating that it could be used as a candle. The only humiliation he spared me was not asking how much my L1P cost.......he could have had more fun with that one.:mecry:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Beating him with something in the same size category wouldn't be very fulfilling. Whooping his lights *** with something tiny on the other hand...

You could get a Tiablo or something like that, 250-ish lumens, good throw, but not exactly tiny. So how about modding a Lumapower D-Mini with a Q5 and a driver to match?

Phaetos

Enlightened
You can use your Fenix as a candle, get the Diffure tip. I just got my P2D-CE w/ diffuser tip today. I LOVE this light. I put on the tip, put it on high(80 lumens) and used the lanyard to hang it from the ceiling fan in my living room. Lit up the whole room. Makes a perfect candle. Wipe him up with a P2D-CE, well worth the money.

Illum

Flashaholic
the mag2D can outthrow a L1P anyday.....but quite useless for flood applications

you have two options, bring a hotwire or do it in a more strategic/ cost effective way...or simply emphasize his lights disadvantages....hangable by the neck? fit in pocket? shock resistant?

instead of competing throw...do a flashlight drag racing for say 30 minutes...see his face after the mag go out in about 15:naughty:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
What you need is a Cree, Seoul or Rebel 100 light.

This relatively cheap light, might not out throw his Maglite 2D but will definitely out lumen him(So will this one that looks like a minimag). This one will kill it in throw and output at around $45 for batteries and charger(cheaper if you plan on using CR123 batteries). Don't expect Fenix quality for that price but is should be good enough.

Or even mod your L1P with a Seoul P4 LED(the Rebel 100 would be better but I'm unsure how that would work), that should about double it's output.